The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

Post by Jersey Girl »

I didn't know I could download a free pedometer app on my iPhone. :o

What. an. idiot. ~Hermione Granger
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:20 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:33 pm
I. want. my. Cheetos. back! Or chips! I'd take chips!
Not sure how readily available they are in your area but Utz makes a "no salt added" potato chip that scratches the itch pretty good for me. I'll add some other seasonings to it to counter the saltless nature of them (Tony Chachere's makes a really good no salt season all). I don't recall how strict the sodium restriction is for you but I'll also splurge on some Mac n Cheese Beanitos when I really need to cheat. They are only a bit better than cheetos on the salt front but the other macros are in my wheelhouse and most of my restrictions are self imposed. Obviously nothing is quite the same as the real deal but some substitutes are nice.
Xeno guess what I found today? I mean, yesterday at this point. Utz chips but not the no salt added. What I saw was 95mgs sodium. Not too shabby. Didn't purchase but now at least I know the brand is in this state so there is hope for finding no salt added at the Safeway.

Guess where? At 7-11 I kid you not! :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Update.

I suck at gaining weight.
My weight sucks.
I suck.

I'm still workin' on it. That is all.

Slava Ukraini!
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:27 am
Update.

I suck at gaining weight.
My weight sucks.
I suck.

I'm still workin' on it. That is all.
That is kinda the correct attitude. Kinda.

The key is remembering you're doing this because you love you. If you do this based on others approval it's at the mercy of their whims and wants. You do you, momma.

You hit those weights, you run those miles, you eat kale instead of carbs.

At it's core, self-improvement is about self, not others. If you want this, you will make it happen. Go, hit those weights, walk/run those miles, eat the Kale.

Come out the other side better than you were.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Two things to share.

Food:

I am positively convinced that eating clean is the best thing I ever did for myself. I well remember ten years ago when I started changing what I eat. I started by taking almost everything I would make a sandwich out of, taking the bread away and making it into a salad. Example: Deli Turkey Sandwich became a turkey salad, then the turkey was eventually replaced with beans and so on and so forth. Almonds and Walnuts replaced chips and that sort of thing. Bit by little bit I changed everything about what I eat.

I recall back then I would have one or more fingers swell up like crazy and hurt like heck, especially in winter. I don't know if it was some form of arthritis or due to the autoimmune issues that I have. Autoimmune diseases don't seem to be well understood.

Fast forward..I never have that swelling any more. I'm convinced it's clean eating and the anti inflammatory nature of almost all of the food I eat.

High protein, veggies and fruits (Blueberries are the bomb!), whole grains when I want them, almost complete elimination of fatty foods though some remain and will never leave, and a girl's gotta have her pasta so it stays. So I kept some things I like and have never felt deprived except for restaurant foods I would like to have but don't. (I think I'd just about kill for a Jersey Mike's sub some days!)

The downside of not eating processed foods is eating processed foods and how it makes me feel sick if I do it which is a rare occasion in my life. I'm convinced that consuming processed food is akin to poisoning ourselves. Yep! I've become that person!

What I am saying is all the hype about staying away from processed foods and eating clean isn't hype. It's real and true. I've lived it for ten years and I'm a true believer!

Weight:

Went to the docs a couple of weeks ago. In Oct 22 I weighed 114. Apr 23 I weighed in at 98.5. The scale at the docs shows me two pounds higher than the home scale. So...going by that I have now cracked 100 lbs and hoping to get a bit of more weight on me! :mrgreen: According to the BMI I am a normal weight. Go figure. Whoever made up the BMI charts should be roundly condemned for torturing the world at large. :evil:

I hope everyone is trucking along on their health and fitness goals! Just keep at it whatever your goals are. If you fall short, never beat yourself up. Sometimes life changes our course and our moods, or we get too busy. Just pick it back up when you're able and ready. Be kind to yourself and give yourself grace when you need to!

p.s. I donated at least half of my clothes! :lol:

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:15 am
I should make a little update. I only weighed once after I posted at 103. I was 98 lbs at the time. :cry:

Took one pair of my new jeans (wide leg) into the tailor shop to get hemmed and...because they were too big on me ( :shock: ) the man conjured up a little magic and is going to put darts in the back so when I get my weight up again I can snip those out. Ha! I get them in about a week! Recall I've said all throughout this whole entire thread that one of my main motivators is clothing. It's not like I'm all into fashion or anything. Half the time I'm in baggy overalls like it's my uniform of the day. There's just certain clothing that makes me feel good about myself. If that makes sense. I'm so happy about the new jeans! :)

Now...before I end up the size of a Barbie doll, I better get to making my own 2023 intentions like canpakes is doing for health and fitness because there's some muscle building that needs to be going on around here.

:)
The jeans in question are loose on me. They were originally size 8 and then taken in at the tailor's after I had Covid. I'm ordering new ones in size 4 and 6. :shock:

Take back what doesn't fit. I think the 4 will do it. Good things: Dark and Med wash available and totally on mega sale, too! Worked out to 24$ each piece. Free shipping. Yep. 8-)

Just ftr, I weighed 92 pounds at the doctor's a week ago. Getting some GI tests run because my GI tract is really messed up. It's on the Score so far related thread in this forum.

I'm mainly posting these things because it gives me documentation. Not that I don't want the new jeans, of course.

If I looked like I was making jokes here, I was faking it big time. If I'm gonna feel like crap, I'm gonna look good while doing it.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:24 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:15 am
I should make a little update. I only weighed once after I posted at 103. I was 98 lbs at the time. :cry:

Took one pair of my new jeans (wide leg) into the tailor shop to get hemmed and...because they were too big on me ( :shock: ) the man conjured up a little magic and is going to put darts in the back so when I get my weight up again I can snip those out. Ha! I get them in about a week! Recall I've said all throughout this whole entire thread that one of my main motivators is clothing. It's not like I'm all into fashion or anything. Half the time I'm in baggy overalls like it's my uniform of the day. There's just certain clothing that makes me feel good about myself. If that makes sense. I'm so happy about the new jeans! :)

Now...before I end up the size of a Barbie doll, I better get to making my own 2023 intentions like canpakes is doing for health and fitness because there's some muscle building that needs to be going on around here.

:)
The jeans in question are loose on me. They were originally size 8 and then taken in at the tailor's after I had Covid. I'm ordering new ones in size 4 and 6. :shock:

Take back what doesn't fit. I think the 4 will do it. Good things: Dark and Med wash available and totally on mega sale, too! Worked out to 24$ each piece. Free shipping. Yep. 8-)

Just ftr, I weighed 92 pounds at the doctor's a week ago. Getting some GI tests run because my GI tract is really messed up. It's on the Score so far related thread in this forum.

I'm mainly posting these things because it gives me documentation. Not that I don't want the new jeans, of course.

If I looked like I was making jokes here. I was faking it big time. If I'm gonna feel like crap, I'm gonna look good while doing it.
Jeans came. Size 4 is what fits. :shock:

And they look darn good, too! 8-)

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Get these. Add pure maple syrup.

And put. them. in. your. face.

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Stake President

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:29 am
Get these. Add pure maple syrup.

And put. them. in. your. face.

:lol: :lol: :lol: