Help wanted (Score so far related)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Help wanted (Score so far related)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:21 pm
How are things going with the new Dr?
Me? I'm waiting to be called for the tests I mentioned. If that question isn't for me...disregard!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
:D aww

I'll look that book up. I watched anne with an e. I enjoyed it.

I think if I really had to choose a favourite season it would probably be autumn. Summer is too hot for me. I like spring because I'm desperate to get out of the dark. I love snow but we barely get any. But autumn, there's still some warmth, lots of colour, great crafting opportunities. Halloween. I always wonder, every year, if trees live so long because they shed their leaves and grow new ones.
I have the book on audible. Look for Anne of Green Gables narrated by Rachel McAdams. She's SO good! Was listening to her today while painting in the kitchen.

There are more books in the series but the audiobooks of them that I have, the narrators aren't good with it. Very boring!

I love fall! The only thing that bothers me is that I know winter is coming and we definitely do get snow here and lots of it. But I've even gotten better at getting through the snowy months, keeping busy and actually enjoy it now!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:30 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
How are things going with the new Dr?
Me? I'm waiting to be called for the tests I mentioned. If that question isn't for me...disregard!
It was for you. Hopefully they call soon.
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:33 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
:D aww

I'll look that book up. I watched anne with an e. I enjoyed it.

I think if I really had to choose a favourite season it would probably be autumn. Summer is too hot for me. I like spring because I'm desperate to get out of the dark. I love snow but we barely get any. But autumn, there's still some warmth, lots of colour, great crafting opportunities. Halloween. I always wonder, every year, if trees live so long because they shed their leaves and grow new ones.
I have the book on audible. Look for Anne of Green Gables narrated by Rachel McAdams. She's SO good! Was listening to her today while painting in the kitchen.

There are more books in the series but the audiobooks of them that I have, the narrators aren't good with it. Very boring!

I love fall! The only thing that bothers me is that I know winter is coming and we definitely do get snow here and lots of it. But I've even gotten better at getting through the snowy months, keeping busy and actually enjoy it now!
I have an audible subscription. I'll have a listen.

I know what you mean. I get low in the dark months after a while but try to focus on the Christmas spirit.
msnobody
Holy Ghost

Post by msnobody »

Thanks for sharing that, Jersey.
El Roi- The God who sees me 😊
"Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy” Jude 1:24
“the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” 1 John 1:7 ESV
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:52 am
Thanks for sharing that, Jersey.
El Roi- The God who sees me 😊
You're welcome and...Yes, He does!
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

CT scan scheduled for next Tuesday. 9/26/23 8-)

This one can't see my vagus nerve. I asked and that's confirmed. I think the test could have if only I had thought to mention it at my appointment. I'll ask another time. But...another step forward.

Reminder if it's of use to anyone...pulled this off the net. Your vagus nerve is a huge deal. Example: When I get afib with rvr, I do techniques that act on the vagus nerve called vagal maneuvers. An exhausting process, but I can sometimes cardiovert myself back into NSR using those. Not always.

LOOK it's basically commanding the entire army of major organ systems:

The left vagal nerve runs down the left side of your neck, and the right vagal nerve runs down your right side. This nerve extends all the way from your brain to the large intestines: down your neck, through your chest, around your heart, around your lungs, and through your abdomen and intestines.

Slava Ukraini!
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:59 pm

The left vagal nerve runs down the left side of your neck, and the right vagal nerve runs down your right side. This nerve extends all the way from your brain to the large intestines: down your neck, through your chest, around your heart, around your lungs, and through your abdomen and intestines.
Interesting fact: The reason they named it so is because word "vagal" comes from the Latin word for wanderer. Same etymology as the words "vagrant", vagabond", and "vague".
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Father Francis wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:47 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

Interesting fact: The reason they named it so is because word "vagal" comes from the Latin word for wanderer. Same etymology as the words "vagrant", vagabond", and "vague".
Wandering vaginas. 🤔
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Jersey Girl wrote:
CT scan scheduled for next Tuesday. 9/26/23 8-)

This one can't see my vagus nerve. I asked and that's confirmed. I think the test could have if only I had thought to mention it at my appointment. I'll ask another time. But...another step forward.

Reminder if it's of use to anyone...pulled this off the net. Your vagus nerve is a huge deal. Example: When I get afib with rvr, I do techniques that act on the vagus nerve called vagal maneuvers. An exhausting process, but I can sometimes cardiovert myself back into NSR using those. Not always.

Good Luck.