Help wanted (Score so far related)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Help wanted (Score so far related)

Post by Jersey Girl »

A little update.

Appointment today with the EP who took me off dreaded beta blockers a while back and saved my sanity. UK schooled doc who understands the type of Afib I have. I'll make a list. It's easier.

1. I prepared a timeline of events for him starting back Jan 2023. He listened carefully as I explained it. How many times I had Afib last year (6!), One event in Jan self cardioverted, the first sign of gastric trouble followed by 4 consecutive ER visits for cardioversion then one more event at home for which I self cardioverted. The date of the CT scan where I had a panic attack (he nodded his head in understanding/affirmation of that), when the gastric symptoms started to resolve, date of the scopes and...yes, I showed him when I started using the two 10 minute routines from youtube.

2. Told him how after starting the routines that I'm now one week away from 5 months Afib FREE. :)

3. I demonstrated briefly (I actually did this) the routines in order. He said he didn't know anything about those. Had never seen those but...If that's what's keeping you out of Afib...keep doing it! He was very enthusiastic about it!

4. Follow up with him in a YEAR.

92.3 pounds. So I'm neither in a calorie deficit nor surplus. Not losing, not gaining. Just maintaining. I'll take it.

(I used this thread and my saved up ER bracelets to create the timeline for the above appointment. 8-) )
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:09 am
A little update.

Appointment today with the EP who took me off dreaded beta blockers a while back and saved my sanity. UK schooled doc who understands the type of Afib I have. I'll make a list. It's easier.

1. I prepared a timeline of events for him starting back Jan 2023. He listened carefully as I explained it. How many times I had Afib last year (6!), One event in Jan self cardioverted, the first sign of gastric trouble followed by 4 consecutive ER visits for cardioversion then one more event at home for which I self cardioverted. The date of the CT scan where I had a panic attack (he nodded his head in understanding/affirmation of that), when the gastric symptoms started to resolve, date of the scopes and...yes, I showed him when I started using the two 10 minute routines from youtube.

2. Told him how after starting the routines that I'm now one week away from 5 months Afib FREE. :)

3. I demonstrated briefly (I actually did this) the routines in order. He said he didn't know anything about those. Had never seen those but...If that's what's keeping you out of Afib...keep doing it! He was very enthusiastic about it!

92.3 pounds. So I'm neither in a calorie deficit nor surplus. Not losing, not gaining. Just maintaining. I'll take it.

(I used this thread and my saved up ER bracelets to create the timeline for the above appointment. 8-) )
<3 I'm so pleased. You are doing amazing x
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:43 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 3:09 am
A little update.

<3 I'm so pleased. You are doing amazing x
Thank you!!! I had another appointment yesterday (nothing serious) and weighed in at 93 pounds. I'll take it!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So I am...where am I...

Weight: 92/93 pounds[/b]

Added back salads with chicken, veggies, ranch dressing. Yes, the ranch is back! :mrgreen:

Added goat cheese and whatever Club crackers are. Taking a break from the usual wheat crackers.

I get a lot of mileage out of rotisserie chicken. It's easy.
I take the seeds out of tomatoes now. Raw tomatoes are less acidic than cooked.

Pub Experience. Called ahead so the chef was ready for me. Baked chicken with salad, ranch on the side. Sampled Fish n' Chips. Didn't die!

Cheat Food: Sun Chips original and pound cake. Pitiful, I know. I'm eating cheat foods I haven't eaten in 8-10 years. Don't judge.

Overall: I am back in business!!

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 3:31 am
So I am...where am I...

Weight: 92/93 pounds[/b]

Added back salads with chicken, veggies, ranch dressing. Yes, the ranch is back! :mrgreen:

Added goat cheese and whatever Club crackers are. Taking a break from the usual wheat crackers.

I get a lot of mileage out of rotisserie chicken. It's easy.
I take the seeds out of tomatoes now. Raw tomatoes are less acidic than cooked.

Pub Experience. Called ahead so the chef was ready for me. Baked chicken with salad, ranch on the side. Sampled Fish n' Chips. Didn't die!

Cheat Food: Sun Chips original and pound cake. Pitiful, I know. I'm eating cheat foods I haven't eaten in 8-10 years. Don't judge.

Overall: I am back in business!!
So so happy for you <3