Help wanted (Score so far related)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Re: Help wanted (Score so far related)

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:06 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:26 pm
She is a massive hugger but she's obsessed with boobs which is stressful.
A condition with which I'm all too familiar.
Lol :lol: hopefully not the same condition.

She will be sitting next to me and next thing I know she has vice gripped my boob and it's painful. She doesn't feel things to the same degree. I think she will eventually but she is very strong and puts a lot of force into everything. I think she just likes how they feel but nearly every day I have to remind her it's my personal space and she can't do that. Hoping she grows out of it.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Catching up finally.

First things first. I hope Pirate's boobs are now recovered! Oh my poor Pirate! :lol:

On to me...I'm feeling WELL. Like myself. No digestive problems except that I ate tiramisu cake and on the third day (I made that stuff last) I did feel something in the tummy but not even close to what I had when I felt so sick. It was so worth it! I hardly ever eat anything sugary but, you know, it was there begging me to buy it. So I'm going to avoid sugar for a while and see what happens. I'm eating three meals with larger portions (!!), trying to shove in a snack when I think about it. Holding my own at 92 pounds which is better than losing like I was.

Still didn't have the scoping procedures yet. Okay, I didn't even schedule it yet. Might as well be honest. I got ticked off at them and passive aggressively pouted. I'll get to it.

Cardiology appointment today. I got an "A" in cardiology and she doesn't want to see me for a year now. Go me!

I've been busy playing catch up on things I couldn't get done like a normal person when I was so sickly. Kitchen painting is done! The room is nearly all put back in order. We had to move the china hutch out from the wall so everything from inside of it went out on the kitchen table, the counters, and any space I could find. Took a while to put that all back in and pull out a few donations for the next thrift store trip.

Busy like a buzzing bee making product for the arts and craft show and sale. I have to deliver next Tuesday. :shock: I was afraid I would have to pull out but I paid my annual dues and my name is on the list of artisans so I finally managed to get it in gear and in the zone.

Anyway...all things considered, I'm doing really well!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:36 am
Catching up finally.

First things first. I hope Pirate's boobs are now recovered! Oh my poor Pirate! :lol:

On to me...I'm feeling WELL. Like myself. No digestive problems except that I ate tiramisu cake and on the third day (I made that stuff last) I did feel something in the tummy but not even close to what I had when I felt so sick. It was so worth it! I hardly ever eat anything sugary but, you know, it was there begging me to buy it. So I'm going to avoid sugar for a while and see what happens. I'm eating three meals with larger portions (!!), trying to shove in a snack when I think about it. Holding my own at 92 pounds which is better than losing like I was.

Still didn't have the scoping procedures yet. Okay, I didn't even schedule it yet. Might as well be honest. I got ticked off at them and passive aggressively pouted. I'll get to it.

Cardiology appointment today. I got an "A" in cardiology and she doesn't want to see me for a year now. Go me!

I've been busy playing catch up on things I couldn't get done like a normal person when I was so sickly. Kitchen painting is done! The room is nearly all put back in order. We had to move the china hutch out from the wall so everything from inside of it went out on the kitchen table, the counters, and any space I could find. Took a while to put that all back in and pull out a few donations for the next thrift store trip.

Busy like a buzzing bee making product for the arts and craft show and sale. I have to deliver next Tuesday. :shock: I was afraid I would have to pull out but I paid my annual dues and my name is on the list of artisans so I finally managed to get it in gear and in the zone.

Anyway...all things considered, I'm doing really well!
<3 aww my heart is so happy.

Sounds like a lot of positives. Hope the craft even goes well for you.

Great news from cardio. That's got to be the best.
Scopes are grim but you gotta get it done. I've had 3 I think and they make me sick. They said last time I was "septic", I was like wtf? But it passed. That's when I realised septic didn't mean infection.

Is that the only thing left on your list?

Enjoying food makes weight gain faster. When I was underweight and trying to force myself to gain weight I couldn't buy once I discovered food I enjoy and crave, I piled it on.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Imwashingmypirate
God

P.s. my boobies are fine. I had to read back to see what you were talking about lol. I already forgot. Not the first time she's done that. Likely won't be the last.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I posted this in Paradise as well. Here's a copy...and I'm adding on for this thread.

I found this article on a U of Penn study on Long Covid and thought it might be of interest.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... scientists

If anyone has read my SSP thread about my health issues you will know I feel like it may have been Covid related. When I read this article on the study a couple of things jumped out at me. The vagus nerve. :shock: Gastrointestinal symptoms. :shock:

Also low levels of serotonin. Which also fits the overall picture of what happened to me. :shock:

Anyway, it's there for the taking if you're interested.

p.s. I hate my vagus nerve.

ETA: Among the symptoms of low serotonin levels is digestive problem. :o See? I'm not stupid. Well not stupid about everything. I maybe be a bit more intuitive than some but you see, I could be right on the money with the Covid connection because every single thing adds up. Keep reading.

Just nabbed this off Cleveland Clinic website:

Digestion: Most of your body’s serotonin is in your GI tract where it helps control your bowel function and plays a role in protecting your gut. Your gut can increase serotonin release to speed digestion to rid your body of irritating foods or toxic products. Serotonin also plays a part in reducing your appetite while eating.

Oh yeah and as I've said many times the vagus nerve is what triggers the afib/rvr I get. I have had THREE episodes of that this year already where I would typically have maybe 1, possibly 2.

Beat me with a stick. :?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Nicky I'll reply to your post tomorrow. I have got to get to bed right now. 3 a.m. here. I've been up to my eyeballs in craft product and only poking in and out of the board. I've followed your comments on the sleep thing.

Happy to hear that your boobs are recovered! :lol:

I'm still well!

<3

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:10 am
Nicky I'll reply to your post tomorrow. I have got to get to bed right now. 3 a.m. here. I've been up to my eyeballs in craft product and only poking in and out of the board. I've followed your comments on the sleep thing.

I'm still well!

<3

Awe. I'm glad you are still well. It's good that you haven't got time, it means you are active and doing things. Hope the raft fair goes well.

I read your post above. It seems the older I get the more I hear that the digestive system and immune system are heavily related and that it's all connected. I wonder if our immune systems are deliberately being compromised from all sides. From viruses, vaccines, bad food, addictive foods.

I'm wondering if going gluten free and processed food free might benefit us. Already nearly dairy free because both my kids have tummy issues with milk.

How can you heal your vagus nerve?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:16 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:10 am

I'm still well!

<3
Awe. I'm glad you are still well. It's good that you haven't got time, it means you are active and doing things. Hope the raft fair goes well.
It went! It's really not a craft fair in the sense that you think of it. It's an association I belong to of artisans, crafters, and culinarians who put on two 5 day shows each year in a historical building. We don't sit at tables with our items like at fairs. The presentation is that of a large boutique where all things are mingled together in pretty displays but by type. Example: Spa, culinary, ornaments, fine art, fine jewelry, children and babies, pets, and it's run like a store that we run ourselves. We own our own set up tables, peg board displays, shelves, cash registers, computers, lighting...you name it. Every member has to work four 3.5 hour shifts doing things like registers, baggers (it matters read on), greeters, folks who help customers and restock all day (my favorite job), set up crew, tear down crew. The job I've been doing is tags. So the baggers I mentioned have to cut off these tiny white tags with bar codes from each item before they are scanned. The tags are collected and every night of the show we sort them. That sounds easy,right? It's actually mind numbing work. Sort by name, sort by inventory numbers....sort THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of tiny little tags that make your brain melt. I'm going to do different work next time and diversify a bit. It's a pretty big deal. We're kind of famous in a regional sort of way.

Anyway, I've finally come up for air! Whew! :shock:
I read your post above. It seems the older I get the more I hear that the digestive system and immune system are heavily related and that it's all connected. I wonder if our immune systems are deliberately being compromised from all sides. From viruses, vaccines, bad food, addictive foods.
I wouldn't doubt that our immune systems could be compromised by the things you mention. I think as we age the digestive system slows down and there's something about a decline in digestive enzymes? I don't really know. I've never been this age before so it's all new to me. :)
I'm wondering if going gluten free and processed food free might benefit us. Already nearly dairy free because both my kids have tummy issues with milk.
That's funny you mentioned GF. I want to try out some recipes such as using almond flour for baking instead of white flour. It couldn't hurt to try it!
Oh wow, so far as I can tell that's a long complicated thing. I know how to get my vagus nerve back in "tone" as they call it and then there are electrical units or something (like tens units) that you can get (maybe implants) to keep it toned. There might be surgeries but I would never try that because I think it's too risky. I don't recall all the other things you can do. I tend to remember what I need to remember at a certain time and if I don't need it, then I delete it. ;-)

Some of the things you can do to get your vagus nerve back in tone....drink cold water, plunge your face in ice water, do the valsalva maneuver (I do that), breathing exercises, humming exercises (vibrates your vocal cords which impacts the nerve), massaging a certain part of your ear.

If I have got this right, the vagus nerve is like the command and control center for so many of our vital systems....heart, lungs, digestive. I guess when it is damaged it sets off a chain reaction of some kind. I'm so bloody sick of my vagus nerve!

Update: Keep in mind that part of my reason for posting this is so I have the chronology to look back on myself.

I weigh 93 pounds! Gained a pound because in addition to 3 meals I'm also eating junk. Anything to get some poundage back on. (I can't believe it's even me writing these things. Never in my entire life did I ever once think of gaining weight.)

Scoping procedures scheduled for mid-January.

Symptoms: 0

p.s. I have pictures to post of some of my things I just haven't gotten round to doing it yet.

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:35 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:16 pm
It went! It's really not a craft fair in the sense that you think of it. It's an association I belong to of artisans, crafters, and culinarians who put on two 5 day shows each year in a historical building. We don't sit at tables with our items like at fairs. The presentation is that of a large boutique where all things are mingled together in pretty displays but by type. Example: Spa, culinary, ornaments, fine art, fine jewelry, children and babies, pets, and it's run like a store that we run ourselves. We own our own set up tables, peg board displays, shelves, cash registers, computers, lighting...you name it. Every member has to work four 3.5 hour shifts doing things like registers, baggers (it matters read on), greeters, folks who help customers and restock all day (my favorite job), set up crew, tear down crew. The job I've been doing is tags. So the baggers I mentioned have to cut off these tiny white tags with bar codes from each item before they are scanned. The tags are collected and every night of the show we sort them. That sounds easy,right? It's actually mind numbing work. Sort by name, sort by inventory numbers....sort THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of tiny little tags that make your brain melt. I'm going to do different work next time and diversify a bit. It's a pretty big deal. We're kind of famous in a regional sort of way.

Anyway, I've finally come up for air! Whew! :shock:
That sounds really intense and somewhat overwhelming. Hope it went well.
I wouldn't doubt that our immune systems could be compromised by the things you mention. I think as we age the digestive system slows down and there's something about a decline in digestive enzymes? I don't really know. I've never been this age before so it's all new to me. :)
This made me giggle. Maybe it's like how we are ageing the earth by all the crap we are doing to it. The bad bateria is taking over our gut because we aren't looking after the good bacteria. And the bad bateria is causing a bad environment so speeding up our aging internally.
That's funny you mentioned GF. I want to try out some recipes such as using almond flour for baking instead of white flour. It couldn't hurt to try it!
Worth a shot. I'm going to try.
Oh wow, so far as I can tell that's a long complicated thing. I know how to get my vagus nerve back in "tone" as they call it and then there are electrical units or something (like tens units) that you can get (maybe implants) to keep it toned. There might be surgeries but I would never try that because I think it's too risky. I don't recall all the other things you can do. I tend to remember what I need to remember at a certain time and if I don't need it, then I delete it. ;-)
Sounds kinda freaky. Didn't realise you could do things to it to tone it up. It's a mysterious thing in my mind lol. magnesium and vitamin b12 are supposed to be good for nerves. So maybe making sure they are at optimal levels can help?
Some of the things you can do to get your vagus nerve back in tone....drink cold water, plunge your face in ice water, do the valsalva maneuver (I do that), breathing exercises, humming exercises (vibrates your vocal cords which impacts the nerve), massaging a certain part of your ear.

If I have got this right, the vagus nerve is like the command and control center for so many of our vital systems....heart, lungs, digestive. I guess when it is damaged it sets off a chain reaction of some kind. I'm so bloody sick of my vagus nerve!
I tried yoga therapy for a few weeks and the lady often talked about the Vagus nerve. I didn't last long. It freaked me out that I felt like I was going to pass out and I was the youngest there. Even a lady who must have been in her 80s was able to do all of it. The joys of dysautonomia.
Update: Keep in mind that part of my reason for posting this is so I have the chronology to look back on myself.

I weigh 93 pounds! Gained a pound because in addition to 3 meals I'm also eating junk. Anything to get some poundage back on. (I can't believe it's even me writing these things. Never in my entire life did I ever once think of gaining weight.)

Scoping procedures scheduled for mid-January.

Symptoms: 0

p.s. I have pictures to post of some of my things I just haven't gotten round to doing it yet.
Keep swimming, you'll get there. Enjoying food will help. Pasta can be good at helping with weight gain.

Good luck with your scope. Hope they find answers and nothing awful. Glad you have 0 symptoms, that sounds amazing.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:15 am
This comment isn't medical but I'm sharing it. The Boy and I just had a big anniversary, okay? I'm talking major here. Anyway, guess what? Due to all this miserable stuff...my wedding dress fits. I'm the same size as I was when we got married.

Know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna straight up get my photo taken professionally wearing that dress again. Swear. I'm going to have it taken sitting on rocks in one of my favorite places with a natural back drop of Colorado Gold Aspens with a natural stream running through the photo. If the weather is warm enough, my bare feet are going in that stream, too.

No head piece. Dress and bare feet. Just me. For me.

This is happening. I owe it to myself. I lived this long and with a Jersey Boy no less, and I'm doing it. Last week in September or early October.

Doing it and I don't care who knows it or how much it costs. This one's for me. 8-)

(I have to get the zipper fixed. I had to be sewn into the dress. There's a story there. When is the never a story there, right? :lol: )
I was just thinking about this that I wrote. I checked into a mini session and I thought the cost was off the charts from what they used to charge so I didn't have a professional photog do my pics.

But guess what? I managed to make it happen and DID it! Yup, I did! Bare feet in the stream included! 8-)

It's so cool when you cook up a little idea about something and actually get to do it!

Slava Ukraini!