Paradise Split From: Are school shootings the price we have to pay for the second amendment?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Paradise Split From: Are school shootings the price we have to pay for the second amendment?

Post by Some Schmo »

Morley wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:21 pm
Does our freedom to own arm ourselves mean our kids must run the risk of being gunned down in the classroom?
I've certainly come to this conclusion. When I use the term "gun nut" I am referring to the idiotic people who care more about their guns than other people's families.
Are child casualties just one of the prices of freedom? If not, what are the solutions?
Given that we aren't free to walk US streets without the risk of some lunatic on the street with a gun, I'd say we are way less free than all other first world countries.

One person's freedom is everyone else's potential nightmare. It's beyond senseless.

[FR 3 –– Please refrain from using disrespectful labels for groups of people, especially groups with whom posters may consider themselves a member of or identify with –– RI]
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Are school shootings the price we have to pay for the second amendment?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Morley wrote:
Does our freedom to own arm ourselves mean our kids must run the risk of being gunned down in the classroom? Are child casualties just one of the prices of freedom? If not, what are the solutions?

I'm asking this as a gun owner. I'm especially interested the opinions of our board's 2nd Amendment enthusiasts.

Well. The answer is to give up our guns, have them destroyed, and anything outside of some sportsmen who are highly vetted and regulated, gun ownership is illegal.

But, because people are cowards they feel the need to walk around with **** extenders.

- Doc

[FR1 –– Please use G-rated language in the SSP forum. and refrain from using placeholders for non-G rated language whose meaning is obvious to readers. –– RI]
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

https://youtu.be/cs6MdzeryRk

Throughout the 17 & 1800s, black women couldn't own a firearm legally. Today they are one of the largest groups of new gun owners. I pray to God we don't restrict the rights of Black Americans again like our forefathers did in the past. The video above is an example of black females choosing to use the 2nd amendment to protect themselves and their family.

[UR 4 –– In SSP, please stay within the topic as defined by the person who started the thread. The topic does not include the effect of prohibiting POC from owning firearms for self defense. –– RI]
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Morley wrote:
Does our freedom to own arm ourselves mean our kids must run the risk of being gunned down in the classroom? Are child casualties just one of the prices of freedom? If not, what are the solutions?

I'm asking this as a gun owner. I'm especially interested the opinions of our board's 2nd Amendment enthusiasts.
Here's an awsome video that explains the importance of the 2nd Amendment for Black Americans. https://youtu.be/LcrIClrGs1M

Me personally, I have no desire to deny minorities the right to bear arms and have the ability to protect their family and their neighborhood.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I absolutely love the insinuated argument from many on the Right that we have to cure humanity before we enact common sense gun ownership laws and policies. -_-

This, of course, will never be taken seriously by virtually everyone on the Right, so it’s just more death and injury.

Also, I’m not sure how much middle ground or centrist opinions exist on this matter. I don’t know any gun owners who’d be ok with stricter measures in place, to the point I’m fairly certain they’d have another insurrection, but this time they’d bring their guns.

eta:
Experts have found a man charged with killing 10 people at a Colorado supermarket earlier this year is mentally incompetent to stand trial for now, attorneys said during a court hearing Friday.

Ahwad Al Aliwi Alissa, 22, is accused of opening fire at a busy King Soopers in the college town of Boulder in March — killing a police officer, shoppers and several store employees including an Olympic hopeful distance runner.
I’d love for a right-wing’er to explain to me how much money they’d be willing to identify guys like him, involuntarily commit him to psychiatric treatment, and then pay for whatever lifetime services he needs so gun fetishists can keep their guns? I know most of them believe taxation is a form of theft, so what is it? Do we institute full-spectrum socialized medicine for our population or do we just come out and tell the truth that you don’t care, you just want your guns?

- Doc

[FR3 Please avoid placing disrespectful labels on groups, especially when folks who post here may fall within or identify with the group. – RI]
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Morley wrote:

https://youtu.be/y90w51pctx4
Here's a video of one of the host on the widely popular TV show THE VIEW explaining how she feels safer and more comfortable knowing she can protect her family with a fire arm if someone is threatening their lives. Am I the only one finding it funny that this thread is DOMINATED by WHITE MEN discussing how and why we should strip minorities of their God given right to protect themselves with a firearm? Wasn't there a time in American history minorities couldn't take full advantage of the 2nd Amendment?

[FR3, UR 4 – Black's women's use of guns for self defense is outside the topic of the thread. Also, please address posts to issues and not the people posting in the thread. – RI]
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Again!! To anyone reading this thread. This thread is mostly WHITE MEN who live in WELL-TO-DO neighborhoods with low crime rates, discussing how to disarm minorities and leave them helpless and vulnerable to the violence many minorities face on a daily basis.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

""AN ARMED MAN IS A CITIZEN. A DISARMED MAN IS A SUBJECT.""

Allen West
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:10 pm
""AN ARMED MAN IS A CITIZEN. A DISARMED MAN IS A SUBJECT.""

Allen West
Allen West is a moron.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:40 pm
Again!! To anyone reading this thread. This thread is mostly WHITE MEN who live in WELL-TO-DO neighborhoods with low crime rates, discussing how to disarm minorities and leave them helpless and vulnerable to the violence many minorities face on a daily basis.
This is a lie. But you're a liar. So there's that.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18