Kasserian Ingera

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Kasserian Ingera

Post by Atlanticmike »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:27 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:06 pm

Yes. Homeschool was a lifesaver for one of my girls. We enrolled one of my daughters in a homeschool program and also hired a couple of college students to tutor her at the library once a week to help her with math and english. She's a sensitive soul and was having a hard time fitting in while attending 9th grade. My wife works 40 hours a week and helped my daughter for the two years she was homeschooled. Her personality really came out while being homeschooled because she wasn't being picked on at school anymore. She spent many many days in my truck doing her school work while I was driving around checking on jobs. She would spend 10 hours a day with me somedays seeing how a business works and how being self employed can be a great way to make a living. She's already started a little business and loves being self employed. She's a go getter and taking her away from the toxic environment she was in while in 9th grade was the best decision we ever made for her. So yes!! I found it very easy to homeschool my daughter. Was there a lot of sacrifice, yes. Did it eat up a lot of our time, yes. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. By the way, she graduated high school with a 4.1, and attended her highschool graduation. Something I never accomplished.
A 4.1? Lol. Meaningless. Was the the Valedictorian of your homeschool too?

Do you also mock her for learning business from daddy? Think about that and what you said about me. Maybe me and my wife can laugh at your posts later today. Oh noes! We don't do that because we're secure about our personalities.
You can be jealous all you want, fine with me. But homeschool is a wonderful option for kids who are having a tuff time in public school.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:33 pm
Father Francis wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:27 pm

A 4.1? Lol. Meaningless. Was the the Valedictorian of your homeschool too?

Do you also mock her for learning business from daddy? Think about that and what you said about me. Maybe me and my wife can laugh at your posts later today. Oh noes! We don't do that because we're secure about our personalities.
You can be jealous all you want, fine with me. But homeschool is a wonderful option for kids who are having a tuff time in public school.
Good for you for doing that, Mike. You cared about your kid and took action. Homeschooling is difficult to pull off effectively, but it looks like you did it. Most parents aren't so dedicated or able.

(Francis is kidding you because 4.0 is a straight A and is usually considered the highest GPA one can achieve.)
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Morley wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Good for you for doing that, Mike. You cared about your kid and took action. Homeschooling is difficult to pull off effectively, but it looks like you did it. Most parents aren't so dedicated or able.

(Francis is kidding you because 4.0 is a straight A and is usually considered the highest GPA one can achieve.)
I think you misread the whole thing. Mike basically made fun of me (called me a mommy's boy and denigrated me) for mentioning that my mom is a CPA , runs a business and would be a good source of information if I chose to open a business as well...

He also trash talked all medical professionals in the same post.

Mike isn't kidding about anything, or maybe he is kidding about everything. Either way the guy is a troll. Deal with it as you will. The forum put up with Subby for years. I guess that's the name of the game...
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Morley wrote:
Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:33 pm

I don't know exactly how she pulled off a 4.1, but it has to do with taking a bunch of AP classes once she started going back to public school. I said we pulled her out of school in 9th grade, but actually she started homeschool at the end of 8th grade and started public school again at the beginning of 10th grade.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:38 pm
Morley wrote:

I don't know exactly how she pulled off a 4.1, but it has to do with taking a bunch of AP classes once she started going back to public school. I said we pulled her out of school in 9th grade, but actually she started homeschool at the end of 8th grade and started public school again at the beginning of 10th grade.
You can only get higher than a 4.0 by taking AP or concurrent classes. Congrats to your daughter, she is clearly a smart young lady. You should be proud.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:33 pm
I think you misread the whole thing. Mike basically made fun of me (called me a mommy's boy and denigrated me) for mentioning that my mom is a CPA , runs a business and would be a good source of information if I chose to open a business as well...

Mike isn't kidding about anything, or maybe he is kidding about everything. Either way the guy is a troll. Deal with it as you will. The forum put up with Subby for years. I guess that's the name of the game...
I know and agree, Father, but in [Super Spirit Paradise] I think we're supposed to politely give everyone a pass for their behavior elsewhere.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Morley wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:00 pm
Father Francis wrote:

I know and agree, Father, but in [Super Spirit Paradise] I think we're supposed to politely give everyone a pass for their behavior elsewhere.
There shouldn't be any games in this particular forum. If you see something that violates the rules of engagement here, please report it to the mods and don't be reluctant to do so. That's what maintains these fora.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Father Francis wrote:
Morley wrote:

Here's what I'll say, father. I think all of us play games in the other forums. But I think jersey girl did a great job at putting a bug in Dr.Shades ear and getting him to open up a new forum. I've already told the moderators I'm perfectly happy to leave all those games in spirit paradise and prison.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:15 am
Here's what I'll say, father. I think all of us play games in the other forums. But I think jersey girl did a great job at putting a bug in Dr.Shades ear and getting him to open up a new forum. I've already told the moderators I'm perfectly happy to leave all those games in spirit paradise and prison.
Not everyone here is playing games.

That's projection on your part.

There's some serious dialogue here, and then there's the kind of nonsense you enjoy.

You make thinly veiled nasty personal statements about posters and pretend to offended when they respond in kind.

Pick one of those statements, point them at yourself and come back when you you have some understanding of language and history.