The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I got off work last night around ~7 pm after a long day. I went to the gym.

I'm going to the gym in a few minutes.

Never give up! Never surrender to sedentarianism!

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I got off work last night around ~7 pm after a long day. I went to the gym.

- Doc

Dude you are inspiring thank you
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:Good for you Philo Sofee! I still need one more day to adjust to altitude I think. I can run up my stairs again, but I fizzle out in the afternoon. I plan on doing my weights and crunchless abs tomorrow since I have to stay home for other reasons.

Then back to the gym on Monday...give me strength!
:-)

Okay I grant unto thee strength :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I got off work last night around ~7 pm after a long day. I went to the gym.

- Doc

I really needed to read this today! Sitting here in my workout clothes getting ready to leave the house to go to the gym and talking myself out of it at the same time.

I'm going. Even if I just do 20 minutes on the treadmill to start back. I gotta get back on track and never lose sight of my goals!!

Say "NO" to sedentarianism!!!! Go me!!!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I give myself a pass score for the day. I had another good workout. Yay!

"...a charge too heavy for my strength, but yet We'll strive to bear it for your worthy sake To th' extreme edge of hazard." (All's Well That Ends Well)
Dr CamNC4Me
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl:

"A better head her glorious body fits
Than his that shakes for age and feebleness." (Titus Andronicus)
Dr CamNC4Me
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Remember all (those of us who are working out and getting fit)

"What great ones do, the less will prattle of." (Twelfth Night)
Dr CamNC4Me
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:Jersey Girl:

"A better head her glorious body fits
Than his that shakes for age and feebleness." (Titus Andronicus)

I did go to the gym! I did do my workout! All treadmill for cardio with the last 5 minutes on a steep incline for resistance and strength building.

Back in action folks!

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

How often do you guys weigh yourself? I try not to harp on it because it's too easy to get discouraged. I managed to lose 2 more pounds even through Thanksgiving and bunch of other things going on over here. I usually weigh myself in the morning when I wake up because it gives a more optimistic result! ;-)

So how do you do it? Or do you do it at all? Are you doing measurements as well? I missed doing starting measurements so I think I'm going to stick with weighing.

I think what works best for me is to just keep going at what I do, eating healthy and exercising and then intermittently doing my weight. Otherwise it becomes too tedious for me and boredom is my biggest enemy.

I did lose a clothing size at least for tops!

:mrgreen:
Chinese Proverb