The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:20 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:04 am
I made a new discovery! There are under the desk treadmills that have fixed inclines. :shock: I saw 2 on AMZ one had a 5 degree incline and the other a 10 degree incline. They weigh less than 60 pounds! I'm gonna try to search up something better than the one's on AMZ.

Maybe I can have myself a Merry little Christmas!!!
The genius oozes out of your pores....
Don't it though?

Speaking of numbers. I currently "curl" 2 pound weights. :lol:

I have a set of free weights that goes up to 10 pounds that I've had for decades. Gotta start where you're at I say no matter how pitiful it really is!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Made it to gym tonight! Bicycle, 1 hr, 190 calories burned, 11 miles ridden.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:
I saw 2 on AMZ one had a 5 degree incline and the other a 10 degree incline. They weigh less than 60 pounds! I'm gonna try to search up something better than the one's on AMZ.
Does “AMZ” mean “Amazon.com?”
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:15 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
I saw 2 on AMZ one had a 5 degree incline and the other a 10 degree incline. They weigh less than 60 pounds! I'm gonna try to search up something better than the one's on AMZ.
Does “AMZ” mean “Amazon.com?”
Yes, honey.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gym night again. Yeah Baby! Increased the reps by a few on each exercise. Tomorrow night the bike for cardio. I am getting consistent, everyday so far this week a thumbs up!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I detailed 2 out of 3 cars. I'm counting that! :lol:

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:26 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:51 pm
Hey, Jersey Girl -

We have now passed the ‘official’ middle-of-the-year mark (second half begins July 2), and I managed to log 1025 miles by that date.

This is on target with the yearly goal, but I do wish that I had a bit more of a buffer in there. : )
:o Wow! I am duly impressed! It's hard once you set that goal and then have to face it down! I do that all the time and then I invariably end up moving the goal posts but you did NOT! You are totally succeeding! Doesn't that feel awesome???
OK, three-quarters of the year are gone. I’m at 1566 miles. I think that I’ve got a decent buffer finally going in case we end up with some sort of harsh winter weather, or I fall off a cliff or somesuch, and have to sit out a few days.

Now I just have to keep this going.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by Xenophon »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:20 am
OK, three-quarters of the year are gone. I’m at 1566 miles. I think that I’ve got a decent buffer finally going in case we end up with some sort of harsh winter weather, or I fall off a cliff or somesuch, and have to sit out a few days.

Now I just have to keep this going.
That is incredible! We had a particularly brutal summer which meant less trail time than I'm used to, all outside time really. As soon as it turned nice this weekend we started making up for lost time but good grief am I paying for it today. Thanks for the inspiration.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I have been a very bad boy.... no gym for the last several days. But, I mean, I gotta grab consolation where I can do so, I did have two quite physically tough days at work... and.....AND!!!! A patron actually told me today that my weight loss is working she can see it in my face! So now no one can justifiably call me a fat head any more... :D
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:59 am
I have been a very bad boy.... no gym for the last several days. But, I mean, I gotta grab consolation where I can do so, I did have two quite physically tough days at work... and.....AND!!!! A patron actually told me today that my weight loss is working she can see it in my face! So now no one can justifiably call me a fat head any more... :D
Get back on the horse! If you can't get back on the horse at the moment, go for a hike or bike ride. Get OUTSIDE before winter!

Slava Ukraini!