The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

What. the. heck.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:114

What. the. heck.

Congrats!!
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:114

What. the. heck.

Congrats!!

Thanks! I'm now hovering between 112 and 113, and I lost another clothing size. That's not necessarily a good thing but I'll take it for now. I can't believe I'm saying this...I'm going to need to gain a bit of weight back.

:eek:
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

No one knows why...giving myself an atta girl anyway.

I don't think I weighed this since the beginning of middle school? I dunno, but I'll take it!
Chinese Proverb
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Thanks for the reminder of this thread! Awesome read. Go, Jersey Girl!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

OK, Jersey Girl, I’m dusting off this thread so that I can set a goal for myself.

I started a good walking habit a few months into 2020, and racked up 3.4 million steps/1622 miles that year.

I wanted to consistently hit 10K average steps per day minimum in 2021, and hit that goal, finishing out at 4.2 million steps/1919 miles.

I’d like to hit 2000 miles in 2022.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

AH HA!!!!!!! :o

canpakes you are throwing down the gauntlet on yourself! Good on ya! Good!!!!

I love reading how different people approach fitness! I love all the ideas that we collected here and I'm so happy you resurrected this thread. I know you will meet your goal and we'll get to travel along with you! Go canpakes!!!

I recently stated on Ceeboo's thread (I confess I like this thread better and I'm glad I started it and put it out of the way of the main traffic) that I had an uptick in weight of approx. 4 pounds. Yeah. I know. But please understand and know that I am a very petite person and 4 pounds on me is like 20 on any average size person. In other words, it matters a great deal to me.

I noticed my weight checks just above your post here. 111 then 114. Over the past year I stayed around 112-114. Of course it fluctuates. Last week I got on the scale at 117.8 and immediately said...uh,no. Screeeeeeeeeeeew this! I owe every single extra pound to Ghirardelli Snowmen and I am not exaggerating here. I also lost all the food anxiety that I had so that's another reason for the uptick. I finally started eating again though I still stick to small portions...the Snowmen did me in!

Popcorn, fruits, and veggies for snack, here I come!!!

I am well and truly starting at square ONE. Here is my own individual plan going forward and I will indicate as I go along what stage I am in. I'm not giving myself specific deadlines here, though I have a time frame in mind for each stage.

1. Stretching

This may not seem like anything to other folks but I am absolutely starting at rock bottom. I know who I am. I know my own body. I know what to do and how to proceed.

2. Yoga Practice

A continuation of the stretching. Balance and flexibility.

3. Free Weights

Self explanatory. I have various kinds of hand weights in different weight increments. Probably do some band work with that as well.

4. Cardio

Kill me. I can't even think about it right now but I know I will get there! Mini tramp throughout winter then walking (dare I say it? running in late Spring/early Summer).

Once I get to 3 and 4 I'll be alternating that throughout the week with the Yoga and stretching will always be part of my daily routine.

Here are my thoughts...

1. I'm older than dirt. I'm going to totally rock older than dirt!
2. I am one who believes that I can do anything I put my mind to. I know I can!
3. I was released by both my Cardio PA and Electrophysiologist for one YEAR. Go me!
4. I fully intend to show up at my next cardio appointment and have one of them say, "Omg what have you done?" and I'll be like "How do you like me NOW?" :mrgreen:
5. When I get sprung from Covid jail I am going to treat myself to Florida and then... I am going to walk my well developed ass off all over the UK and that's a fact jack!

Attitude: Can't fail! I shall defy age! I shall defy Snowmen!

p.s. Please don't kill me Covid! I have miles to go before I sleep!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

Since we are throwing down some goals here I'll add mine to the mix.

A very dear friend who I work out with most mornings has decided she wants to compete in a bodybuilding meet in June. I have somehow been suckered into not only redoing our programming to meet her new goal but I'm also partially coming along for the ride. You won't catch me on the stage but I've agreed to follow along in training and diet for the next 5 months in show of support. We'll see how true I can stay as we get closer to the deadline and the programming gets much stricter. No idea how much of the journey I'll actually share here but I believe actually putting your intentions down on paper (or whatever this is) is a good first step.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

A pleasant discovery! I was doing my stretching and I asked Alexa to play ocean sounds...I don't really care for Alexa's ocean sounds so when I got tired of it I asked her to play Yoga music and darn if she doesn't have it! :mrgreen:

So there I was stretching and listening to the music, mostly flute type sounds you know like you have in a Yoga class. Then just as I was nearing the end of my routine, the flute started playing a familiar song....Amazing Grace! That was such a nice thing for me! :D

So...try Alexa. She has everything!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Re: The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

Post by Philo Sofee »

You make me feel SO guilty Jersey baby! I have gained 40 pounds and am a flat no good slob . I snack too much, eat way late, have lost all discipline and desire, and basically am applying for next year's Wal Mart Santa Claus... :D \
On a serious note, I really have gained 40 pounds. I have SO MUUUUUUUUUUUUCH work to do on myself! Ayiyi.....