The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

Post by Jersey Girl »

GET these:

I picked these RX protein bars up in Newark International Airport airport when traveling one time and now I've got them on my Walmart grocery order. So good! You can use them for snack or if you're short on time, I think you could have them for breakfast.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hey, Jersey Girl - your local TJ’s may also stock those at a nice price. Mine does.

They’re good, and the simple ingredient count is a nice change from the usual long list of unpronounceables.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:49 am
Hey, Jersey Girl - your local TJ’s may also stock those at a nice price. Mine does.

They’re good, and the simple ingredient count is a nice change from the usual long list of unpronounceables.
Our TJ's is twice as far away as our Walmart or other grocery stores. I make it there maybe once a year if even that! ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

For the dancers among us. I want that black workout shirt. 8-)

Cry To Me | Solomon Burke - Zumba Choreo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBKGjN37uyw

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dang. I found an even better shirt! Etsy is your friend. 8-)

Slava Ukraini!
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

I have 17 pairs of leggings and crops from PopFit. The company is feminist and body-positive and ALL of their pants have pockets. All. Of. Them.

My only quibble is that they advertise their leggings stretch to a 36" inseam, and that's a lie. They settle to 32"-33", so they're more like 7/8ths leggings on my ridiculously long legs.

But not sure any of the other women on this forum have my height problems. :lol:

I wear them under my jiu-jitsu gis. They hold up.
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So I don't know when I posted any updates on this thread and am too lazy to look right now. A couple of things and then a request.

Upon my return from a trip to Florida (Sea shells galore!!!) I landed in the hospital within 2 days time. Reasons having mostly to do with return to altitude during which a couple or three things happened so they kept me overnight. AFIB/RVR, tanked electrolytes, O2 sucked at one point, nausea and other stuff. Basically Mountain Sickness without a headache. Did various tests to make sure I was a-ok in every way possible.

For the first time in my life I got to order food as a patient! :mrgreen: I smile because our hospitals don't have cafeterias, they have Bistros and the food is WONDERFUL!!! They used to be actually open to the public (not sure this is the case now--Covid) for Sunday brunch. You could literally go on a date there if you wanted, I am not exaggerating. The food is that good. And of course if you have dietary needs or preferences they are equipped to deliver what you want and/or need. Vegetarian, Vegan, Heart Healthy, Diabetic or just a normal person who eats whatever.

So...had various follow ups and today was the last with electrophysiologist who does the arrthymia stuff. Got some data on myself. Will share a few.

1. BP 112/74
2. HR 64
3. Weight 113.5

This is all really good! Go me!! 8-)

So...moving right a long here...does anyone have any good plant based recipes or combinations to share? I want to delve even deeper into plant based meals. Bonus points for low sodium! Don't think vinegar is my friend either. :?

Got something? What are your go-to plant based meals? Snacks? Breakfast? Main dishes? Salad combinations?

I will eat just about anything except the sodium and vinegary stuff. Cooked or raw is fine with me.

I just need new ideas!

Thanks!

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by canpakes »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:58 am
OK, Jersey Girl, I’m dusting off this thread so that I can set a goal for myself.

I started a good walking habit a few months into 2020, and racked up 3.4 million steps/1622 miles that year.

I wanted to consistently hit 10K average steps per day minimum in 2021, and hit that goal, finishing out at 4.2 million steps/1919 miles.

I’d like to hit 2000 miles in 2022.
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:36 am
AH HA!!!!!!! :o

canpakes you are throwing down the gauntlet on yourself! Good on ya! Good!!!!

Hey, Jersey Girl -

We have now passed the ‘official’ middle-of-the-year mark (second half begins July 2), and I managed to log 1025 miles by that date.

This is on target with the yearly goal, but I do wish that I had a bit more of a buffer in there. : )

Did you bring back any of those sea shells from Florida?
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:51 pm
canpakes wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:58 am
OK, Jersey Girl, I’m dusting off this thread so that I can set a goal for myself.

I started a good walking habit a few months into 2020, and racked up 3.4 million steps/1622 miles that year.

I wanted to consistently hit 10K average steps per day minimum in 2021, and hit that goal, finishing out at 4.2 million steps/1919 miles.

I’d like to hit 2000 miles in 2022.
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:36 am
AH HA!!!!!!! :o

canpakes you are throwing down the gauntlet on yourself! Good on ya! Good!!!!

Hey, Jersey Girl -

We have now passed the ‘official’ middle-of-the-year mark (second half begins July 2), and I managed to log 1025 miles by that date.

This is on target with the yearly goal, but I do wish that I had a bit more of a buffer in there. : )
:o Wow! I am duly impressed! It's hard once you set that goal and then have to face it down! I do that all the time and then I invariably end up moving the goal posts but you did NOT! You are totally succeeding! Doesn't that feel awesome???
Did you bring back any of those sea shells from Florida?
Oh heck yeah, I did! I brought back tons which are now dispersed in my clear lanterns with their own native sand under their toes! I had so much fun on the beach picking up shells, cleaning them, and then bringing my bounty home! I gave some of my shells to the little one here (who is not so little any more) and that's the only person I share my shells with because I hoard them. I would love to return there and probably will!

I feel like the trip went so fast and then I totally tanked when I returned, it all feels like a blur to me. This isn't the post to place this tidbit but I actually have amnesia from the hospital. I don't remember being discharged, if I walked out, was wheeled out or any of that. I don't know what time of day it was either. My first memory is in a store to pick up RX's the same day, but I don't remember the earlier part of that day at all.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The score so far (not political)

Post by Jersey Girl »

I went back to the beginning of this thread to try to find out how much I weighed when I started it and found THIS remark.
_Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Gym Membership:

I got myself the nicest gym in town. I couldn't believe it was affordable for me, $69.00 per month and the place is fitness Nirvana. I can do any kind of workout imaginable, go swimming, eat there, get my hair and nails done if I want to (pricey!!!), heck when it snows I can go ride it out over there because it's open 24/7 and they have food, free wifi, television and heat. ;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The same membership is $140.00 per month now! I checked it out. I'm not sure I want to pay that much to get back in.

Slava Ukraini!