The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

Post by Jersey Girl »

So...I tried on my best blue jeans. Not the every day type jeans, but the nice kind you could wear to church even. The kind you bond with and wear sparingly. Hopefully that makes sense. They are falling off me. I can't wear them at all. Anywhere.

So I've got 4 pairs of Levis coming in in different sizes because I don't know my actual size since even my skinny jeans are now loose on me so...who knows? :shock: When I started this thread I wore size 12 jeans. Once I get all the jeans in, I'm going to post the size that fits best. I want to do that mainly for myself because this thread is the only place I track anything fitness-wise. If it helps anyone else, that'd be great. You know like...if the alternating couch potato/get back on track/don't care/care tremendously/consistent/inconsistent type Jersey Girl, can sort of "get there" maybe others would feel like they can, too.

So...size 12 to...what? :?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:57 am
So...I tried on my best blue jeans. Not the every day type jeans, but the nice kind you could wear to church even. The kind you bond with and wear sparingly. Hopefully that makes sense. They are falling off me. I can't wear them at all. Anywhere.

So I've got 4 pairs of Levis coming in in different sizes because I don't know my actual size since even my skinny jeans are now loose on me so...who knows? :shock: When I started this thread I wore size 12 jeans. Once I get all the jeans in, I'm going to post the size that fits best. I want to do that mainly for myself because this thread is the only place I track anything fitness-wise. If it helps anyone else, that'd be great. You know like...if the alternating couch potato/get back on track/don't care/care tremendously/consistent/inconsistent type Jersey Girl, can sort of "get there" maybe others would feel like they can, too.

3 out of 4 jeans are here. Waiting on the last to decide. I'm only keeping one pair. (So she says.)

High rise boot cut:

4: No way
6: Yes, way. But not a hell yes.

Mid Rise boot cut:

8: Yes way. Potential hell yes depending on the last pair to arrive.
6: ?

So that is not too shabby. It's hard to tell with these sizes. I have denim shorts in 4/6 and 6/8 they both fit because they're only off by an inch. Go figure. I hate the clothing industry and their size games. Anyway...one more pair to come!

Yes, I know this is a real cliff hanger. You're all very welcome. :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:57 am

Breaking News!!! :lol:

Okay, on with it. :roll:

Size 12 to...8 fits best. :D

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

CONGRTS! I am only a mere 4 times bigger than you... :D
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gym night, rode an extra mile more... :lol:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Sorry I've been scarce here. This is the week of the art/craft show I'm in and it's been crazy. I won't come up for air good and proper until Sunday night when it's all over but the shouting. :shock:

So that is good you went the extra mile! :lol: Are you still at it? How many days a week do you actually get to the gym? What will you do in winter if travel is limited? Also, do you have free weights at home?

When I started walking the drive way I started small. It's 1/4 mile long so I started with half a mile, then went up to 1.5 miles and figured that was the same distance I did on the treadmill so it was good enough. Plus it's got a bit of an incline and decline in parts so a bit like the treadmill. I'm still trying to figure out where I can put a treadmill in this house. It'll have to be one of those slidey under the bed slim deals so I can get it out of the way. I already have a mini trap and this house doesn't have a good space for that either. I end up rolling it around on it's side and parking it.

Maybe...during winter I can set up a dedicated space in the basement. Hate the basement but it's all I've got. Thinking on the screen...

Anyway 109.5 and the only exercise I've done since I wrote here last has been this warm up thing to Perfect by Ed Sheeran and the usual dancing in the kitchen which is pretty standard for me anyway.

Essentially haven't accomplished much of anything and unless crafting counts as a workout, I've dropped the ball for the time being.

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gym last night, bike and cardio.... I gotta get back into a routine of 3 times a week minimum. I have been learning Streamyard for my podcasts and BYP LIVE sessions, and I have learned how to make slides which are seriously better than just staring at my ugly mug, so I am happy I am gettin a wee bit more sophisticated with all this electronic goo gaw. Not making excuses, just sayin sometimes I just have to stop, tell myself NOW, and hie me over to the gym or outside for walking. Proud of all you gals and guys, and thanks for the inspiration!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:10 pm
Gym last night, bike and cardio.... I gotta get back into a routine of 3 times a week minimum. I have been learning Streamyard for my podcasts and BYP LIVE sessions, and I have learned how to make slides which are seriously better than just staring at my ugly mug, so I am happy I am gettin a wee bit more sophisticated with all this electronic goo gaw. Not making excuses, just sayin sometimes I just have to stop, tell myself NOW, and hie me over to the gym or outside for walking. Proud of all you gals and guys, and thanks for the inspiration!
You're doing pretty darn good, I'd say! For me, the hardest part of going to the gym regularly was making myself open the front door and leave. Once I got there and when I was done, I felt great. I wish you many days/evenings of feeling great that you are meeting your goals!

I watch channels that use Streamyard pretty regularly. This is youtube? If so, are you going to seek monetization?

I don't take that as an excuse. After all these years of knowing you, I know how you get on one thing and pursue it. You binge on things like I do. Only you do it with more higher purpose than I do.

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:57 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:10 pm
You're doing pretty darn good, I'd say! For me, the hardest part of going to the gym regularly was making myself open the front door and leave. Once I got there and when I was done, I felt great. I wish you many days/evenings of feeling great that you are meeting your goals!

I watch channels that use Streamyard pretty regularly. This is youtube? If so, are you going to seek monetization?

I don't take that as an excuse. After all these years of knowing you, I know how you get on one thing and pursue it. You binge on things like I do. Only you do it with more higher purpose than I do.
Yes this is You tube see here for tonight's episode with an insider Mormon archivist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijBT_gZYNM&t=2461s
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh my gosh you guys...I am SOOOOOO happy. I said near the beginning of this thread that what motivates me most isn't feeling fit...it's clothes. Feeling fit and stronger is important I know and I love that part but the clothes is what I am after.

Today I picked up two pairs of high waist wide leg jeans I ordered online last night. I got an 8 and a 10 because they weren't Levis so in case the high waist part required a larger size. Nope. The 8's fit and they are a bit loose in the waist.

OH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. <3

I have to return the one pair and I am mulling over ordering a pair of 6's for delivery because I want the dark indigo and I'm sure they'll fit and there's none in the store.

I'M SO CRAZY HAPPY RIGHT NOW.
It's like this: AHHHHHHHHH! :mrgreen:
That is all.
<3

p.s. I have in my possession a pair of Rumble Seats jeans that I wore and saved from the 70's because I loved them so much and I thought maybe one day I could wear them again. They're essentially the same style of what I just bought only Rumble Seats typically had not only a nice shape to them but had embellishments on the back pockets. I'm going to dig them out and see if they might fit now. The waist might be too small. But that's how crazy I am about certain clothes. I may or may not share more crazy here.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!