The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:47 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:30 am
This is going to seem good. But it's NOT good. :shock:

That's me after possibly a week with Omicron. I basically weigh about the same as Philo Sofee's arm. That's NOT good for me. Currently increasing fluid intake. Now I need to gain weight??

On the other hand...if I were to lose 8 more pounds, I'd fit in "The Dress" again. :shock:
Um...Houston I got a problem over here. When I made the post above it was after weighing at night. I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at a hefty 99 pounds. :o

Not good. Not good. Not good.

I shall be doing everything I can to increase calorie intake along with water. No ruling out a Run for the Border or a Margherita pizza or I dunno. I have exactly NO junk or fat food in the house. I'll come up with something.

Good grief. This is nuts.

p.s. I'll definitely fit in "The Dress" and those Rumble Seat jeans are gonna get a try on, too, before I lose the moment. <--glass half full.

Gadzooks, please be careful. I'm past worried Jersey Girl. I have complete faith in ya, now get a bit more weight on.....If I could, I swear to goodness I'd give ya 10-15 pounds of my extra stuff I tote around.....sigh...
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:41 pm

Gadzooks, please be careful. I'm past worried Jersey Girl. I have complete faith in ya, now get a bit more weight on.....If I could, I swear to goodness I'd give ya 10-15 pounds of my extra stuff I tote around.....sigh...
Thanks, Philo Sofee. I appreciate it. I'm blaming the Covid for this. I wasn't aware that I lost my appetite but the Boy says he thinks that's what happened because he dropped a few pounds, too. The only thing is that I really can't afford it. Neither of us has lost our sense of taste or smell. I guess we haven't been eating as we usually do? It's been Ground Hog day around here so I don't know what we did or didn't do.

I've been making myself eat carbs which I really am not very successful at having cut them down so much over the years. I've made french toast, english muffin pizzas, and when I need a snack I go for almonds, baby carrots, whatever and then remind myself, no eat a bagel--eat a whole bagel. Trying to drink lots of water.

Gonna make a crock pot of stew for today. That's gotta count for something. In any case, my weight remains the same at 99 pounds. I'll get it back up somehow. In spite of what the BMI says, it's not healthy for me to weigh so little even though I was at this weight decades ago, and it seems and looks good.

It's not good for a variety of reasons. I guess if that's my only takeaway from Covid, it's all around not too bad.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

Post by Jersey Girl »

103...getting back up there a bit! :)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:26 am
Oh for goodness sakes, what are you on about now, canpakes? :roll:

Oh yeah...health and fitness. :lol:
canpakes wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:00 am
OK, Jersey Girl - yesterday, I passed the total number of miles from last year (1893), so with a full month to go in this year, there shouldn’t be too much of a problem hitting that goal of 2000 miles by year-end.
:o :o :o :o Wow, you are killin' it! One more month...you'll do it. I know you will!

Well, Jersey Girl - between a good number of winter family activities and some holiday social things, December turned out to be a total slacker month for steps. I managed only about half as many miles as a typical month. But, I was running a bit ahead of my goal to begin with, so I still exceeded 2000 miles by years end, hitting 2025.

I’m not sure if I want to try to meet or beat 2000 miles again (or 2025) this year, as the daily commitment is already pretty time consuming, but I’ll make that decision by the end of January. : )

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:04 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:26 am
Oh for goodness sakes, what are you on about now, canpakes? :roll:

Oh yeah...health and fitness. :lol:

:o :o :o :o Wow, you are killin' it! One more month...you'll do it. I know you will!

Well, Jersey Girl - between a good number of winter family activities and some holiday social things, December turned out to be a total slacker month for steps. I managed only about half as many miles as a typical month. But, I was running a bit ahead of my goal to begin with, so I still exceeded 2000 miles by years end, hitting 2025.

I’m not sure if I want to try to meet or beat 2000 miles again (or 2025) this year, as the daily commitment is already pretty time consuming, but I’ll make that decision by the end of January. : )

[ snip]

BWHAHAHAHAHA! You DID it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I look forward to hearing what you decide for 2023!

Hats off to you, canpakes! Nice to read some great news on this thread!

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I should make a little update. I only weighed once after I posted at 103. I was 98 lbs at the time. :cry:

Took one pair of my new jeans (wide leg) into the tailor shop to get hemmed and...because they were too big on me ( :shock: ) the man conjured up a little magic and is going to put darts in the back so when I get my weight up again I can snip those out. Ha! I get them in about a week! Recall I've said all throughout this whole entire thread that one of my main motivators is clothing. It's not like I'm all into fashion or anything. Half the time I'm in baggy overalls like it's my uniform of the day. There's just certain clothing that makes me feel good about myself. If that makes sense. I'm so happy about the new jeans! :)

Now...before I end up the size of a Barbie doll, I better get to making my own 2023 intentions like canpakes is doing for health and fitness because there's some muscle building that needs to be going on around here.

:)

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

One of my Facebook friends posted a photo of soup that she made. She sent me the recipe. I'm definitely going to make it but I'm going to modify it. It's all veggies which is fine but I need protein in my life. I'm going to add quinoa to it. Sharing in case anyone would like to try it. I can't give it a review because I haven't made it yet.

The pic in the recipe doesn't look like my friend's soup. Her soup had lots of "broth" in it. She also said she skipped the steps in the recipe and I guess, threw it together however it made sense to her. Sounds like something I would do.

Ratatouille

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-i ... tVAgoJndyc

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I just found something on youtube. Backstory...I once attended a chair yoga class because it was the only class I could make it to that would give me the third yoga session I wanted. It was more challenging that I expected. Anyway, this just came up in my youtube feed. It's a Silver Sneakers chair exercise session featuring the music of Bruno Mars. Uptown Funk included. We like Uptown Funk. 8-) I'm viewing right now so I can't speak to the whole session but...if you are truly feeling like total cra to the p, this could be a good idea! I'm not Silver Sneakers level and chances you aren't either but when I look back on that one chair yoga class I went to and how surprisingly beneficial it was...well hey. If I wanted to do something different or needed to peel myself off the couch...I'd give this a whirl. Will put it on my playlist for when I get into a total rut. Watch the moves, you can definitely work hand weights into it.

New Bruno Mars Silver Sneakers Class!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb3tiiw_sXk

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So with regard to to being an a rut...thankfully I broke out of my own. I've been doing a warm up stretching thing to Perfect by Ed Sheeran and using line dance videos for a bit of cardio. Hey. Give a girl credit for getting back in the groove. When I get to hand weights again I've found, in the past, that I can use whatever warm up stretching music I use can be used for free weights because it has the same beats per minute to how I use weights. :)

Favorite current line dance video: Apparently this is an old song I never heard of but it's called Roll it, Roll it. I've got variations of it on my YouTube play list. Benefits? The steps are so simple that even a novice dancer can do it. Cardio. You get to um..never mind. Just look it up if you are interested. 8-)

Weight is 100 lbs. I'm doing the best I can to put weight back on. That has never happened to me in my entire life. I mean like, what? Gain weight? :shock: You can say, "Just eat like you used to" but that's not going to happen. The foods I used to eat are so far in the rear view mirror, most of them are never coming back. I have added some bread back into my daily intake. I've taken to eating grilled cheese with aged Swiss and tomatoes for lunch instead of the usual salad. Got some ground flax to add to my oatmeal/blueberries/cinnamon/pure maple syrup breakfast and also got some protein pancake mix to try. And as I write this...I realize that between the time I started this thread and up to today...I now speak a different food language which is what I was after the whole time. I just have to try to eat more, that's all.

I press on.

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:59 am
canpakes wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:04 am

[ snip]

BWHAHAHAHAHA! You DID it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I look forward to hearing what you decide for 2023!

Hats off to you, canpakes! Nice to read some great news on this thread!
Compared to you guys I am lightweight, but I got back into training for 5ks last year and I ran 675 km (in 5k chunks) and walked/ran 325 km (smaller chunks) , adding up to 1000 km for the year! I hit my goal on December 18th. (My son pointed out that’s a million meters, which I found oddly satisfying. 8-) )