I want to share a recipe that I may/may not have shared before. It's from Damn Delicious. Every recipe I've ever tried from this website has been well, damn delicious. Everyone likes this one when I make it.
Lemon Orzo Soup
1 lb Chicken thighs, boneless skinless
2 Bay leaves
2 Celery, ribs
3 cloves Garlic
1 Lemon, Juice of
2 tbsp Parsley, fresh leaves
1 sprig Rosemary
1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
5 cups Chicken stock
Pasta & Grains
3/4 cup Orzo pasta
Baking & Spices
1 Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Oils & Vinegars
2 tbsp Olive oil
What I do differently from the website directions. Note the very last listed item.
1. Saute' the celery, carrots, garlic, and onions in nothing but the pot.
2. I buy a pack of shredded chicken that has already been removed from a "traditional" rotisserie chicken. See last item.
3. I use organic baby petite carrots, sometimes cut them up if needed.
4. Forget the Bay Leaf. No one cares about it here.
5. Use no salt added chicken broth and more than what is in the recipe. High altitude may have something to do with it.
6. If I'm out of orzo, I use egg noodles and sometimes I use rice. I think you could use quinoa if you want.
7. I add no salt or pepper. The chicken has a bit of seasoning already. Juice it up however you wish.
8. I use no oils.
9. Toss in whatever veggies you have left over. I sometimes add broccoli. Fresh spinach might work.
10. I put the chicken in it last.
https://damndelicious.net/2014/04/25/law enforcement ... orzo-soup/
Note: If you want, you can food preparation a batch of ingredients in advance and freeze it. Put the shredded chicken, celery, onions, sprig of rosemary in a ziploc and stash it in the freezer for an easy partially prepared meal.