The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Reporting in and keeping track. I draaaaaagged myself to line dance class. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to dance through one whole dance.

I DANCED FOUR!!!

It was really good. Going back next week!!!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Jersey Girl wrote:Reporting in and keeping track. I draaaaaagged myself to line dance class. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to dance through one whole dance.

I DANCED FOUR!!!

It was really good. Going back next week!!!

WHOOT WHOOT!

Sounds like you did the happy dance ;)
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Thanks Meadowchik I really appreciate the encouragement! I am coming back from the slump of the world over here. I am sure I said this at the beginning of this thread somewhere but the hardest thing about starting my exercise routines again is making myself get in the car.

Just in case folks are reading here and think any part of me is naturally drawn to exercise, I almost had myself talked out of it today. It was all I could do to grab my water bottle and keys, open the front door and actually GO.

This is my jump start. So tomorrow I'll choose something like planks and keep rotating choices until I end up in the gym.

There's tons of line dance videos on youtube if anyone is interested. Look for beginner choreography if you're new to it. You can find almost any kind of music--country, hip hop, whatever. Just choose a song you like and search for a line dance of it.

I'm starting at square one again. I should look back through this thread and see how many times I had to re-start working out although that might be too depressing!

:lol:
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Girl's alive and dancing. It's going really well so far and I love it. Dancing right next to one of my former parents and right behind another. :eek: I so wish there was no one I knew there. Neither of them have ever seen me in this context. It's weird. I mean, they've seen me do the hokey pokey.

Last time the instructor was talking about how the dancers had the steps down but were not using their arms or whatever. He told them to watch me. :redface: Then one of the parents turns to me and says how she loves to watch me dance and all. :redface: Then near the end of class he asks me to help demonstrate partner dancing. :redface:

:redface: :redface: :redface:

I know I can dance, but I'd really like to be invisible...like at the gym. I don't want to be watched. I just want to dance. We've learned 3 dances total. I knew the first one and the other two were easy to pick up. Last time we danced a total of 9 times and then I danced a 10th time with the instructor. Pretty good progress. So that's 1.5 hours of exercise which can be somewhat considered cardio. It sure as heck feels like a cardio workout but in a good way and it's fun. My heart hasn't flipped out.

Phoenix girl is rising up out of the ashes over here... :-)
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

So I haven't posted on this thread since this past February. My last entry ended as follows:

Phoenix girl is rising up out of the ashes over here... :-)

And then she flew and crashed into a mountain head on. Not joking. Hit the skids entirely. Heart stuff again. So...in the past 6 months or so I learned a couple of things. When I have my heart shocked (4 times in 2 years I believe) I get panic attacks after it for about 2 weeks. I've been taking a beta blocker for 2 years. I'd regularly go into AFIB every 3 months. You could set your calendar by this. Just prior to my last cardioversion, one of my medical guys asked me to start taking the beta blocker that I take twice a day instead of once. (I've been complaining about this medication for 2 years.) I told them that it made my heart flippy. So...I started the twice a day and guess what?

I started firing into AFIB every two weeks. And again, you could set your calendar by it.

I finally got fed up with it and saw my cardio. I showed her the documentation on this and guess what she recommended? That I take MORE of the beta blocker than I was. :surprised: I'm thinking lady, you have GOT to be joking!!!

She also referred me to an electrophysiologist (EP). I met with him four days after the cardio. I told him about the frequency of meds and frequency of events. After less than 5 minutes he said he wanted to put me on a 30-day holter monitor study and I should stop taking the beta blocker. :idea:

I'm nearing the end of the study and didn't go off the BB as planned. Long story. I have 6 days left. I've been off the beta blocker for 30+ hours. It leaves your system after 12 hours.

I feel cautiously and optimistically....NORMAL. :eek:

Hoping and praying that I was right all along that the medication was messing me up this whole entire time and I might not ever need a med again. I have no clue if I'll go into AFIB again. If I do I'll pop a BB. If not, I'll be like the happiest person on EARTH.

So...back to the fat stuff.

I weigh 122.5 lbs now. I believe that's a few pounds lighter than the last time I posted here. I dropped my dance class due to anxiety. But...I've been exercising again. :cool:

Got me some stretchy work out bands and a medicine ball for inspiration! Really like them so far! Back to walking the driveway and also taking the elder Pug in her stroller for walks as well.

So far so good! I'm hoping for the very best outcome here!!!

:-)
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

118 pounds

Get. Out.
Chinese Proverb
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Jersey Girl wrote:118 pounds

Get. Out.

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Ceeboo wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:118 pounds

Get. Out.

Thanks! That's largely from not eating right for months. Get this. As some folks know here I have had a long journey with heart issues and also more recently (2-3 months) of high levels of anxiety, panic attacks, withdrawal from a medication----very difficult and scary I don't mind saying! Five weeks of withdrawal!! And even more recently (a month?) of low level anxiety and ectopic heartbeats--what folks usually call skipped heartbeats.

I haven't had AFIB since I went off the med that wasn't sitting well with me. I've had to get used to what a normal heart does again---speeding up when I run up the stairs and all. It's been a weird journey of self talk "It's okay, it's supposed to do that." "Just wait a few minutes, it'll settle down." And it did, but still...it was a bit scary.

I had done (Sorry for the rambling but this is important to me to tell a 30 day holter monitor study while going off the not-so-good-for-me medication. It shows me at day one of the study in full blown no-joke-get-my-heart-shocked-AFIB/RVR...then the very last week when I went off the medication...it shows PEACE. I had the follow up on the study yesterday. Long story short...this time I told THEM what I was going to do. I told them that I had been given a new BP medication at the ER (a different ER visit by ambulance--rebound hypertension event--scary) and more recently got a higher dose to correct BP and see how that goes.

TODAY I started the higher dose of a certain medication that was earlier today and...

I FEEL NORMAL!!!! NO anxiety today AT ALL. NO palps AT ALL.

And I ate! Okay I ate clean but I ate! I do expect some of the weight to return again but...I THINK MY JOURNEY MAY BE NOW COMPLETE!!!!! I continue to hope and pray for the best outcome!!!

I can't feel my heart beating!!!!!

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Drum roll....dtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdtdttdtd….

I now weigh less than what I weighed in senior year of high school.

I ain't lyin'

:mrgreen:
Chinese Proverb