Memes and stuff

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Res Ipsa
God

Memes and stuff

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger posted this meme and talking ensued:

What is "this?"
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:17 pm
What is "this?"
I think that it was 'off topic'. : D
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:14 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
What is "this?"
No it's not. The Topic includes the word "Biden" and it's a picture of Biden.
he/him

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:39 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:14 pm

No it's not. The Topic includes the word "Biden" and it's a picture of Biden.
Fine. I was about to satisfy my drunken desire for absolute power by moving posts around, but now you've ruined everything.

I blame Biden. : D
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
What is "this?"
"This" is information from Biden that would contradict a suggestion made in a previous post or generate a different response.

Do you ever read opinions of or listen to Barrington Martin II? He is a very interesting guy who ran for congress in Georgia. My suspicion is that you will reject his POV or his commentary. I find him interesting not just for his comments and views, but mostly for the responses and reactions to his views.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:58 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
What is "this?"
"This" is information from Biden that would contradict a suggestion made in a previous post or generate a different response.

Do you ever read opinions of or listen to Barrington Martin II? He is a very interesting guy who ran for congress in Georgia. My suspicion is that you will reject his POV or his commentary. I find him interesting not just for his comments and views, but mostly for the responses and reactions to his views.
I get my entertainment mostly from fiction podcasts. I get the game. No matter what substantive comment makes about your meme, you will respond in whatever way you think portrays you as a being with superior insight. It's easy with memes. Much harder when one simply states one's opinions or views.
he/him

Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:11 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:58 pm

I get my entertainment mostly from fiction podcasts. I get the game. No matter what substantive comment makes about your meme, you will respond in whatever way you think portrays you as a being with superior insight. It's easy with memes. Much harder when one simply states one's opinions or views.
That is not it. Let's continue this discussion. What other reasons could there be in posting a meme, rather than engaging in dialogues with words, thoughts and ideas? For example, could a meme be used to portray a person as having the same ideas and insights? What if I wanted to be your buddy, and your buddy's buddy, and your buddy's buddy's buddy and your buddies' buddy? If that was my ambition, could I use a meme to make me look cool, like you, your buddies, and your buddies' buddies? What about a meme that would make me look submissive to them so they would like me? What about a meme that would make me look like I was the alpha asshole and was smashing the people that you and your buddies want smashed?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:26 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:11 pm

That is not it. Let's continue this discussion. What other reasons could there be in posting a meme, rather than engaging in dialogues with words, thoughts and ideas? For example, could a meme be used to portray a person as having the same ideas and insights? What if I wanted to be your buddy, and your buddy's buddy, and your buddy's buddy's buddy and your buddies' buddy? If that was my ambition, could I use a meme to make me look cool, like you, your buddies, and your buddies' buddies? What about a meme that would make me look submissive to them so they would like me? What about a meme that would make me look like I was the alpha asshole and was smashing the people that you and your buddies want smashed?
I think that would be an interesting conversation, but I think it belongs in a separate thread. Want to start one?
he/him

Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:34 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:26 pm

I think that would be an interesting conversation, but I think it belongs in a separate thread. Want to start one?
Yep. Gimme a bit. Want it in paradise? Would there be any reason to take it up a notch to [super duper] or to let it fly unchained in prison?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:46 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:34 pm

Yep. Gimme a bit. Want it in paradise? Would there be any reason to take it up a notch to [super duper] or to let it fly unchained in prison?
Let's try SSP as an experiment. If it feels too restrictive, we can adjust.
he/him