I’m thankful for Ya’ll

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
msnobody
First Presidency

I’m thankful for Ya’ll

Post by msnobody »

Last Thursday I spent the day with my natural family and my church family, and had a wonderful day. The day wasn’t complete until I checked in on my online family. I realized how especially blessed I am to have you all in my life— blessed beyond measure. I’m so not deserving, but thankful. So, thank ya’ll for being here. I am grateful for you.
Joyfully,
Msnobody a.k.a. weaps
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Res Ipsa
God

Re: I’m thankful for Ya’ll

Post by Res Ipsa »

Thanks weaps. I’m glad you’re here.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Ah Weaps... you are a wonderful part of our online fam!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Hope all is going well, and also continues to go well!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:31 am
Last Thursday I spent the day with my natural family and my church family, and had a wonderful day. The day wasn’t complete until I checked in on my online family. I realized how especially blessed I am to have you all in my life— blessed beyond measure. I’m so not deserving, but thankful. So, thank ya’ll for being here. I am grateful for you.
Joyfully,
Msnobody a.k.a. weaps

Isn't it an amazing journey that brought us all here? Nearly 23 years ago I made my first post with the help of one of my kids because I didn't know anything about how to do it, what a message board was, or if people could actually read what I typed.

Some guy asked a question and I answered it.

There are people on this board with whom I discuss things openly that I really don't know anyone in real life who wants to talk about them. There are people on this board with whom I discuss things privately because I know which person I want to share news with or ask a question of because it falls into their area or their personality suits it or we have a dialogue that fits the issue and I know they'll be perfectly honest with me because those are the folks I like most and the only people I trust here.

Weaps you have no idea how much you keep me in tow on a board like this. I can't tell you how many times I hammered out a post where I went total Jersey and said. "Oh no, what if Weaps reads that?" So I go back into the post and modify the um, language. It's not that I think you are critical of me, it's because you set an example for me. The example that the Lord gives me about how he wants me to be in contrast to how I really am...because you know I always shrug it off with "Well heck, the Lord knows who I am." But the thing is, He doesn't want me to stay that way and I know it. I know it more when I read your posts. When I know you are here. There's no question in my mind but that the Lord brought us all here. People can call it coincidence and that's totally fine with me. I simply believe otherwise.

I think we rub off on each other in various ways. Mostly good ways! We show each other something new and teach each other.

If I tried to make a list of all the things the individuals in this community have been through at different times, it would take pages and pages and pages. Or how the community came together for a person in need. Or how someone shared good news or sad news with me behind the scenes...or when I shared the same with them. It would take forever.

I'm so happy how I bumped into you on Z! What a ride that was! Keep riding with us!

LSD
;-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

It has indeed been an amazing journey over the past 20 or so years. I had asked a question and a person who posted on ZLMB started a thread and invited me to read the responses, and participate. That was my first experience with a discussion board and I was concerned about remaining anonymous. That’s why I had a username no one could even figure out what it said and just shortened it to weaps. I even had to stop to think what order to type the letters of the username when I’d login.

All I can say is that the past 20+ years of participation has brought me great joy, because of the people I’ve met and forged friendships with, whom I may or may not meet in person. I think participation over the years has served to make me who I am today. Like you, I don’t think it is coincidence, but that the Lord brought us all together for His purpose and plan.

I know I’ve certainly had to sensor myself and my posts over the years, yet I feel like I can be me here, even the me with all the flaws and struggles this life throws at us. I feel like being here has grown me and disciplined me in a lot of ways.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7