Musings of a Nurse (my work life)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
msnobody
Prophet

Re: Musings of a Nurse (my work life)

Post by msnobody »

This morning, I was reading an article be Jonathan Chan, The Deadly Double Door Standard, that got me to thinking about when I rotated between the various disciplines while in nursing school. During the obstetrics rotation, I learned that if I were to misread or not act upon appropriately an abnormal rhythm strip, I could be held accountable for my actions or inaction. That was a factor in my not choosing obstetrics for my career path. Sure, nurses are held accountable in all other areas of nursing as well.

I think if there were only two doors for a nursing career path, as listed in the article below, I’d have to choose the life door. I would not want enter into or go home from work every day from the alternate door.

The article:
Saturday, March 23, 2024
“Proverbs 16:11 speaks about double standards. In many hospitals, there are two doors. One door is prenatal care, where everything is devoted to the carrying of unborn babies. The doctors are devoted to making sure the unborn baby's needs are met. Through the other door, there are no doctors devoted to ensuring the unborn baby is healthy. Beyond this door, the baby is not safe. The doctors, rooms, and machines are wholly devoted to the killing of the baby- abortion. It could be the same baby, if a mother changes her mind. It all depends on which door the mother enters. Through one door, the baby is protected, through the other door, the same baby becomes the victim of a killing. How can that same baby's life be priceless in one door and worthless in the other? When there are two sets of weights and values, you have a double standard. Do not get used to the double standard in regards to life. Uphold God's standard. Be a person for righteousness and life. No matter what changes in society, you hold to what is true.”

I, myself, was an unwanted pregnancy.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:29 pm

I was the surprise child of an identical twin. My mom and her identical twin both had 5 kids in sync. One brother and three sisters matched with a cousin of the same sex, but my same aged cousin was a girl. Genetically my cousins are my half siblings which always causes me to act completely normal in all situations.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

High Spy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:47 pm
msnobody wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:29 pm

I was the surprise child of an identical twin. My mom and her identical twin both had 5 kids in sync. One brother and three sisters matched with a cousin of the same sex, but my same aged cousin was a girl. Genetically my cousins are my half siblings which always causes me to act completely normal in all situations.
Does that mean you had the same father?
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:51 pm
High Spy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:47 pm

Does that mean you had the same father?
It means my mom and one of my aunts have the same DNA. Recently I’ve met an identical twin in Mustang OK and another in King Salmon AK, after having never met any to my knowledge.