Musings of a Nurse (my work life)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
msnobody
First Presidency

Musings of a Nurse (my work life)

Post by msnobody »

Patient, unprovoked, cursing, using expletives to make his point.... time passes, nurse goes into the room. The patient states, "You aren't the one who is going to give me the shot are you?" "Yes, sir." Patient says, "Oh no! I hope you're going to be gentle."
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Musings of a Nurse (my work life)

Post by Dr. Shades »

Context, please? Was he directing his original expletives at the selfsame nurse who administered the shot, or at someone else?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

msnobody wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:35 pm
Patient, unprovoked, cursing, using expletives to make his point.... time passes, nurse goes into the room. The patient states, "You aren't the one who is going to give me the shot are you?" "Yes, sir." Patient says, "Oh no! I hope you're going to be gentle."
As a nurse I totally relate! Though I, like Shades, wonder what the context is.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

It's the same nurse. :roll:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:48 am
Context, please? Was he directing his original expletives at the selfsame nurse who administered the shot, or at someone else?
Yes, to yours truly, and a couple of AMSAs (receptionists).

Sometimes we get patients who think they can’t get what they want without starting their conversation with fussing and cussing.
Just have to look past the colorful language. He made me laugh, but I did manage to keep a straight face when I told him yes, I’d be the one giving him the shot. :P
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:40 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:48 am

Sometimes we get patients who think they can’t get what they want without starting their conversation with fussing and cussing.

Just have to look past the colorful language. He made me laugh, but I did manage to keep a straight face when I told him yes, I’d be the one giving him the shot. :P
Pushing drugs and stabbing people is the best way to live. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Father Francis wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:51 pm
msnobody wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:40 pm

Pushing drugs and stabbing people is the best way to live. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
And a license to do it, right? 🤣
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:04 am
Father Francis wrote:
Yes. We're like El Chapo, but without the money and no one hunting us down.
Last edited by Father Francis on Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Father Francis wrote:
I'm beginning to see why the Jersey Boy chose it as a second career. I knew there was something more to that decision! :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:39 am
msnobody wrote:
Yes. We're like El Chapo, but without the money and no one to hunting us down.
Et tu, Father Francis? ;)

Slava Ukraini!