Musings of a Nurse (my work life)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Musings of a Nurse (my work life)

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:43 pm
It is scary the folks who drive out on the roads who have no business driving.

Nurse to patient, "If you are experiencing chest pain/tightness, shortness of breath, fatigued, dizzy, can't walk more than 15 feet without getting dizzy, you should not drive yourself. Call 9-1-1 and go to the nearest ER." Patient to nurse, "I don't think I need to go to the ER. I will show up at the clinic tomorrow [likely driving himself]."

Document, document, document-- patient strongly encouraged not to drive himself, instead call 9-1-1 to go to nearest ER, or if insists upon coming into the clinic tomorrow, to have someone else drive him.

Looks like cardiology also advised emergent care. Arg!
:shock:

So in your professional opinion...is it wrong that I once drove myself to the ER to get cardioverted during an afib/rvr episode? :lol:

My only defense:

But I HAD to...by the time EMS got to me and finally got me transported it would've been at least a 45 min to an hour and...the Boy was in town so by the time he got home and drove me in it would have been a solid hour. And I had that red hot poker in the chest feeling. And I never get dizzy. So I went for it.

I got there in less than 15 minutes.

Yes, I got a ride home. So I only drove one way. That's gotta count for something.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Got to be one of the worst jobs for abuse. Sounds awful.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

“So in your professional opinion...is it wrong that I once drove myself to the ER to get cardioverted during an afib/rvr episode? :lol:

I’m way more okay with that than I am with a 97 year old with severe heart failure and the above symptoms driving.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Patient asks for a "referral to prophetic."

I so want to give a Dr. Shades response, but I must restrain myself.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:24 pm

I could use a prophecy. Get me a referral, okay? 8-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

msnobody wrote:

Do it!! Dr. Shades responses are the best responses.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:49 pm
msnobody wrote:

WWDS say?

Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:54 pm
msnobody wrote:

I did a “I see heart valve surgery in your future” crystal ball once. J/K. We had an artificial heart valve inside a glass sphere/orb.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:49 pm
msnobody wrote:

You are right. Very educational responses, maybe with a little sarcasm. Maybe a lot of sarcasm masked as little sarcasm. 😋

I replied back asking for clarification. It could just be a case of auto-incorrect on the patient’s phone. I’m guessing it was meant to be a request for an item from prosthetics, or maybe a referral to podiatry. Maybe tomorrow, I’ll have a response with terms available to draw a contrast.

Why do I get the feeling I’m going to be corrected? 😉

Sometimes you have to help patients figure out just what it is they are requesting.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:34 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:54 pm
I did a “I see heart valve surgery in your future” crystal ball once. J/K. We had an artificial heart valve inside a glass sphere/orb.
Sounds close enough to a crystal ball to me! ;-)

Slava Ukraini!