Musings of a Nurse (my work life)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Re: Musings of a Nurse (my work life)

Post by Xenophon »

Unsure if it was just a joke she used to tell or a legit story but my mother told me about a patient who she had to carefully explain that it was pronounced anlˈjēzik, not ˈānl jēzik and that the pills worked better when taken orally.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:24 pm
Unsure if it was just a joke she used to tell or a legit story but my mother told me about a patient who she had to carefully explain that it was pronounced anlˈjēzik, not ˈānl jēzik and that the pills worked better when taken orally.
LOL. I love the way patients sometimes pronounce medical terms or medication names. Just make me grin and want to hug them.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

My coworker nurse had a patient come in with like a thousand staples in his urinary catheter bag. I never figure that one out except to wonder if it was so it would fit better into his pants leg.

About a year ago, I had to tell my nurse coworker about the pickle factory. Every now and then as a nurse, you run across a patient you need for your fellow nurse to take the call or do something for the patient because a patient crosses the line a bit. I asked her to please call the patient back. Had to explain after I blurted out I couldn’t deal with the little pickle factory.

Ya’ll stop me if I need to stop.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

msnobody wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:38 am
My coworker nurse had a patient come in with like a thousand staples in his urinary catheter bag. I never figure that one out except to wonder if it was so it would fit better into his pants leg.

About a year ago, I had to tell my nurse coworker about the pickle factory. Every now and then as a nurse, you run across a patient you need for your fellow nurse to take the call or do something for the patient because a patient crosses the line a bit. I asked her to please call the patient back. Had to explain after I blurted out I couldn’t deal with the little pickle factory.

Do you know the difference between a rectal thermometer and an oral one?
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Father Francis wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:48 am
msnobody wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:38 am

Why do I get the feeling I’ve heard this before? What’s the difference?
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

msnobody wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:21 am
Father Francis wrote:

Medical training must not be as rigorous as I thought. :shock: :shock: :shock:
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:44 am
msnobody wrote:

Medical training must not be as rigorous as I thought. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I thought you were telling us a joke. My bad!
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

msnobody wrote:
Father Francis wrote:
The flavor.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Father Francis wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:24 pm
msnobody wrote:
The flavor.
Ewww! I’m a nurse so I can hear your joke and go on eating my lunch! 😝
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

I hate to tell you, but you’re not going to get back to your hot 20 year old body by taking Ozempic without making some lifestyle changes.