Libertarian Utopias

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Marcus
God

Re: Libertarian Utopias

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:27 pm
To clarify,

My purpose in describing what I "want" from Mike was to counter his statement that I wanted him to turn tail and run. That's a figment of his imagination. Mike has has known for months what I "want" him to do. He hasn't done it, and he's clearly communicated that he won't. That post does not reflect on my opinion as to what, if any, action the mod team should take. The people with opinions on that topic have expressed them quite clearly and I think we understand them.
I see, thanks.
On the topic of moderator action. The policy here, at least since I've been a moderator, has been not to publicly announce when restrictions are placed on a forum member's posting privileges, whether that restriction is prior approval in certain kingdoms or a complete suspension of privileges. There have been certain exceptions, which are understandable. Shades has been very clear that the purpose of privilege restrictions is to encourage compliance with the rules, not to punish. The temptation to use the fact that restrictions were imposed as something to club a forum member with over weeks or years is too great for some to resist. That runs counter to the stated purpose of restrictions. So, you should not expect us to announce that X's posting privileges have been limited as follows:.....
I’m not sure if you were directing this to me, but I wanted to note that when I ask

“Are the moderators in a position yet to make a decision on this?”

I am NOT asking for an announcement of the status of “ X’s posting privileges…”

I am only asking if there has been some decision on how to handle the current outstanding issues under discussion.
I anticipate that we'll be posting an announcement addressing the subject of trolling soon.
that’s all anyone can expect, thank you.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus, the second paragraph was general in nature. I'm pretty sure you know the drill on what we do and don't announce.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:55 pm
Marcus, the second paragraph was general in nature. I'm pretty sure you know the drill on what we do and don't announce.
:lol: I thought so, but still, there are occasional surprises. Just wanted to be clear.