Oh what a tangled web we weave

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Oh what a tangled web we weave

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:49 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:51 am
Here’s a question. What’s odd about the amount that Hunter and Devon were paid during at least their first few months on the board?
??? What?
I’m surprised nobody has mentioned it. If you’re used to splitting things like mediation costs among multiple parties, It jumps right off the page. 83,333.33 is one third of $250,000. Now, perhaps Burisma originally budgeted $250k per month for outside directors and the other third was paid to the Polish director. If not, I’d be keeping a lookout for the other third. I don’t think the Treasury Agents missed this, and it will be interesting to see if there was a three-way split of $250K and, if so, who got the other third.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:56 am
canpakes wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:43 am
:P

This.

Regardless of what one thinks about Zlochevsky being corrupt, he doesn’t seem to have been stupid. Hunter was (and in some respects, still legally is) a hot mess during his time on the board, and I don’t see Zlochevsky entrusting any new schemes to Biden. It would be far better to use Biden as cover, merely parking him onto the board and simply having the name lend legitimacy to Burisma and Zlochevsky if the latter felt endangered by any possible investigations. That would have been the safest bet.

But, Hunter - for being a hot mess - was his own hot mess. I’ll be amazed if all of this attention down through the past several years doesn’t end up with some sort of indictment being issued. I don’t think that Joe Biden can then be assumed to be guilty by association, though. His financials and record are far more transparent than his son’s, and it would seem unlikely that the right-wing media establishment just hasn’t been able to connect any dots on anything because of how incredibly well hidden those dots supposedly are.
Cash is cash if he is indeed dirty, so I’m sure Joe was smart enough to to just take cash, again if he is dirty. Hunter Biden is protected and unless the media turns on him, which might be starting to happen, it will be really hard to get a conviction unless they find something really clear and over the top.

But he could be the first son of a sitting president pardoned?
Nope.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:59 pm
Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:49 am

??? What?
I’m surprised nobody has mentioned it. If you’re used to splitting things like mediation costs among multiple parties, It jumps right off the page. 83,333.33 is one third of $250,000. Now, perhaps Burisma originally budgeted $250k per month for outside directors and the other third was paid to the Polish director. If not, I’d be keeping a lookout for the other third. I don’t think the Treasury Agents missed this, and it will be interesting to see if there was a three-way split of $250K and, if so, who got the other third.
LOL, maybe I didn’t see it that way. In my conversation with pakes a few years ago I stated that the 83.33 x 12 = 1 million dollars a year…but I like your observation also…

If my observation is true, I could see MZ saying “ I’ll pay you a million a year to come on board…but yours makes more sense if their is a silent partner.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Two words: Trump Soho.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Any timeline of the issue really ought to integrate the Trump family's involvement with the Bayrock Group, as well as the dealings of Paul Manafort. To understand the misdirection, one should follow both hands. As with any trick, the hand presented by the magician to watch closely is providing cover for the other hand working nearby.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:46 pm
Any timeline of the issue really ought to integrate the Trump family's involvement with the Bayrock Group, as well as the dealings of Paul Manafort. To understand the misdirection, one should follow both hands. As with any trick, the hand presented by the magician to watch closely is providing cover for the other hand working nearby.
Let’s just say that Trump is guilty of everything and anything you want. He is not president and certainly has his own problems. The issue here is about the current president and his son and other family members and friend. Or if you must lets add Obama stating after he elected he can deal with Pusan’s requests better, or Nixon to the timelines, Regan with Iran Contra…Clinton and so on and son…Honor this thread and topic is about the Biden family.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:06 am
honorentheos wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:46 pm
Let’s just say that Trump is guilty of everything and anything you want. He is not president and certainly has his own problems. The issue here is about the current president and his son and other family members and friend. Or if you must lets add Obama stating after he elected he can deal with Pusan’s requests better, or Nixon to the timelines, Regan with Iran Contra…Clinton and so on and son…Honor this thread and topic is about the Biden family.
But it's not about Joe Biden except in your imagination. The depths and details are all supposition and conjecture. The dealings of Trump and his children with Russian money, the Russian Mafia, and the worst kinds of unsavory characters you imagine are smoking cigars and conspiring with Joe Biden are proven and known to be associated with Trump. And we have four years of Trump destroying democracy while enriching himself and his businesses while President.

I would that Donald Jr. was half the man Beau Biden was, or any of the Trump children. But you know, Hunter smokes crack while Donald's kids prefer their cocaine more white collar in it's form. I'm sure the concern you express is genuine...
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:21 am
Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:06 am

But it's not about Joe Biden except in your imagination. The depths and details are all supposition and conjecture. The dealings of Trump and his children with Russian money, the Russian Mafia, and the worst kinds of unsavory characters you imagine are smoking cigars and conspiring with Joe Biden are proven and known to be associated with Trump. And we have four years of Trump destroying democracy while enriching himself and his businesses while President.

I would that Donald Jr. was half the man Beau Biden was, or any of the Trump children. But you know, Hunter smokes crack while Donald's kids prefer their cocaine more white collar in it's form. I'm sure the concern you express is genuine...
Okay Honor, my thread that I authored is not about the Biden’s. Honor in my hiatus a lot must have happened in your life for you to be so bitter, as I recall you use to be very objective and somewhat pragmatic and fun to discuss our differences together,…things have obviously changed. I am truly sorry if I offend you.

I am enjoying my conversation with Res, and I don’t know if have the energy to quibble over Trump. So once again, he is not president, he is a a-hole, a narcissist and was a billionaire playboy who was a you know what grabber. I hope he does not run again, and I hope we have two worthy candidates to choose from that can get our country back on the right track.

I am worried about our current administration big time. There is no denying Biden is not calling the shots. Most of us have gone through this with a parent or grand parent…he is not fit. And we know Harris is maybe the most inept VP that might very well be president in our history, at the least that I can relate to. If this was during a past era where we were somewhat stable, maybe we could just sit back and wait three more years, but we know that isn’t the case. If you want to blame it on Trump…fine, it’s all his fault. But the reality Biden is at the helm, what do we do? Your call.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:32 am
I am worried about our current administration big time. There is no denying Biden is not calling the shots. Most of us have gone through this with a parent or grand parent…he is not fit. And we know Harris is maybe the most inept VP that might very well be president in our history, at the least that I can relate to. If this was during a past era where we were somewhat stable, maybe we could just sit back and wait three more years, but we know that isn’t the case. If you want to blame it on Trump…fine, it’s all his fault. But the reality Biden is at the helm, what do we do? Your call.
Supposing that your resurrecting this old issue is founded in concern that Joe Biden is a George W. Bush figure, mainly the folksy guy people would vote for but was really a vehicle for neocon policy makers to take the White House, where do you see evidence of China or Russia having actual influence? I mean, that's the implication here, right? I hope we all agree no one in Russia is benefiting from Biden being in the White House. China? Corrupt oligarchs and global new world order elite?

The arguments you are presenting aren't new. This has been discussed and discussed to death. You intend to freshen up the discussion with an injection of concern about Joe? Put evidence on the table that casts a light on potential beneficiaries of the Biden administration that support your concern expressed above.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:26 am
Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:32 am
Supposing that your resurrecting this old issue is founded in concern that Joe Biden is a George W. Bush figure, mainly the folksy guy people would vote for but was really a vehicle for neocon policy makers to take the White House, where do you see evidence of China or Russia having actual influence? I mean, that's the implication here, right? I hope we all agree no one in Russia is benefiting from Biden being in the White House. China? Corrupt oligarchs and global new world order elite?

The arguments you are presenting aren't new. This has been discussed and discussed to death. You intend to freshen up the discussion with an injection of concern about Joe? Put evidence on the table that casts a light on potential beneficiaries of the Biden administration that support your concern expressed above.
Honor, the NYT brought his back…it settled down to a he said she said…and now we know that Trump,whether you like him or not, was right, and everyone that criticized him for it was wrong. What is very new is that the laptop and what it contains is real, very real…and NOT Russian disinformation…no one can say that anymore. Again look at the videoI pasted.

It has been discussed to death, but now it is validated…it appears that Trumpet was screwed,whether you like him or not. In other words the disinformation was not Russian, but from the left, and all along the FBI could have cleared it up. Is that new no, is it finally validated yes, and that is what is new.

It takes time for things to settle down and surface, and it is coming more and more apparent that this was indeed a witch hunt to get Trump out, my guess is the FBI, the Clintons, the Bush’s and other never Trumpers just might be behind a lot this, and the media were their pawns.

How could the FBI sit on the laptop for almost a year, and not say a thing? That is a big deal to, but maybe nobody else cares.

And I agree no one is benefiting in Russia because of BIden, or the Ukraine. Russian people are hurting,they don’t want a war. The Ukraine is obviously hurting.

I never speak about my wife on forums, but she said something a while back that really makes sense…she said she feels for Joe, and she prays for our president, but she has a real problem with his wife. How can she let her obviously loosing it husband make such a fool of himself and by default our country.