Oh what a tangled web we weave

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Res Ipsa
God

Oh what a tangled web we weave

Post by Res Ipsa »

This is a tale of about political smears, how authors make big bucks off them, and how politicians use them. The smear is Joe Biden Ukraine, the author is Peter Schweizer, and the politicians are senate republicans who conducted an "investigation" into Joe Biden and the Ukraine in the run up to the 2020 election.

But, I'm going to start here, with a claim by Markk on another thread about Joe Biden and the Ukraine:
Markk wrote:
Devon Archer…

In part…

He was Hunter Biden’s college roommate, they were partners in a few companies. They both worked for Burisma being employed by a Russian backed Oligarch, or to put it simply a gangster or goverment mafia member. Mykola Zlochevsky, their boss and employer is now hiding out in maybe Monaco, where offshore accounts thrive.

In 2014 Archer met with Joe Biden at the White House. A day after Burisma deposited over 100k into a bank in C/O Archer. A few days later Archer was a member of the Burisma board and a while later Biden was on the Burisma Board also.
viewtopic.php?p=2774215#p2774215

When asked about sources of the meeting and bank transfer, Markk said this:
Markk wrote:
It was the previous day, I first read it in “Profiles of Corruption” by Peter Schweizer…I then google and cross referenced it with several links. Do your home work. there is a lot written on this.

I am reading through this now… https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/in my opinion/media/ ... _FINAL.pdf

If you have something that counters, please cf and i will read through it? His visit to Biden is public record in that every person that visits a president or VP has to sign in. Google Archer v. ganis and explore the different hits…again do a little research.
viewtopic.php?p=2774247#p2774247

So, I did what Markk invited me to do. I did some research on that White House meeting.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Oh what a tangled web we weave

Post by Markk »

Great, let me know what you found and please provide cf.

Being that I have been away for a while…what is the difference between Super paradise and just regular spirit paradise?
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Never mind i found it..G rated I appreciate that, thanks.
Res Ipsa
God

The author of the smear: Peter Schweizer

Post by Res Ipsa »

Who is Peter Schweizer? Well, according to Wikipedia, he's this guy:
Peter Franz Schweizer (born November 24, 1964) is an American political consultant and writer. He is the president of the Government Accountability Institute (GAI), senior editor-at-large of far-right media organization Breitbart News,[1] and a former fellow at the conservative Hoover Institution.[2]

Schweizer wrote Clinton Cash, a 2015 book discussing donations made to the Clinton Foundation by foreign entities and Bill and Hillary Clinton's income after they left the White House in 2001. Journalists and fact-checking organizations have criticized the book for speculation, conclusions not supported by the evidence presented, and for factual errors which were corrected in the Kindle edition.[3][4][5]
In his hit book on Hillary Clinton, Clinton Cash, he manufactured the Uranium One conspiracy theory.
Wikipedia wrote:]In 2015, Harper Collins published Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich, a 256-page book discussing the donations made to the Clinton Foundation by foreign entities.[24] Several media outlets received advance copies, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Fox News, all of whom agreed to pursue stories found in the book.[24] While promoting the book, Schweizer falsely claimed that then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had veto power to stop the sale of Uranium One to a Russian state-owned company.[5][25]
Note the timing of the book -- 2015. During the Presidential election season when the very likely democratic candidate for the election would be... Hillary Clinton. The book was paid for, in advance, by a familiar name:
Wikipedia wrote:The book was funded by the Mercer Family Foundation with a $1.7 million contribution in 2015 to the Government Accountability Institute (GAI) whose researchers Schweizer used.[31][32][33]
Schweizer, remember, was President of the GAI. What is the Mercer Foundation?
Mercer Family Foundation
Founder Robert Mercer
Type Charitable foundation
Headquarters New York, New York
Director Rebekah Mercer[1]
Disbursements $13,492,358 (2013)[2]
Website mercerfamilyfoundation.org

The Mercer Family Foundation is a private grant-making foundation in the United States. As of 2013, it had $37 million in assets.[3] The foundation is run by Rebekah Mercer, the daughter of computer scientist and hedge fund manager Robert Mercer.[4][5]

Under Rebekah’s leadership, the family foundation invested about $70 million into conservative causes between 2009 and 2014.[6] The foundation has also donated to groups that reject the scientific consensus on climate change.[7]
And [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebekah_Mercer]Rebekah Mercer?[/quote]
Rebekah Mercer is an American heiress and Republican[2 wrote:[3] political donor who is the director of the Mercer Family Foundation. She began overseeing day-to-day operations of political projects for the Mercer family when the Mercers became involved in conservative causes.[2][4][5][6][7][8] Her father, billionaire Robert Mercer, said in November 2017 that he had sold his stake in the news site Breitbart to his daughters.[9] In August 2018, she funded and co-founded the social networking service Parler.[10][11]
Her political activities:
Wikipedia wrote:Mercer first became widely known in conservative circles in 2012 after Mitt Romney's defeat in the presidential election. She spoke to a group of wealthy conservative donors at New York's University Club about what the GOP had done wrong in canvassing and technology operations during the election cycle.[6]

Mercer helped start Reclaim New York with Steve Bannon in 2013. The organization trains citizens to watch their government closely, and uses freedom-of-information laws to force the New York government to disclose public spending.[6]

Mercer joined the board of the Heritage Foundation in 2014 as a trustee.[6]

A September 2016 Politico headline called her "the most powerful woman in GOP politics."[15] She has been more aligned with the anti-establishment part of the GOP than most other big Republican donors.[6] Newsmax Media owner Christopher Ruddy called her the "First Lady of the Alt-Right".[2]

Mercer supported Mitt Romney in 2012 and Ted Cruz for the 2016 presidential election. After Trump won the GOP nomination, she and her father switched their support to him. Mercer supported Jeff Sessions for Secretary of State over Mitt Romney.[2][7]

2016 presidential election[edit]

Mercer, along with her father, contributed $25 million to the 2016 presidential election.[5]

During the 2016 U.S. presidential primaries, Mercer led Keep the Promise I, a Super PAC (political action committee) which was the largest outside benefactor of Ted Cruz.[6]

In June 2016 after Trump won the primary, Mercer created the Defeat Crooked Hillary PAC, and ran the daily operations.[5] The PAC was incorporated with the name Make America Number 1 at the Federal Election Commission[16] and supported Donald Trump in the general election including making anti-Clinton ads.[16][17]

During the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Mercer proposed creating a searchable database for Hillary Clinton's e-mails in the public domain and then forwarded this suggestion to several people, including Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix, who e-mailed a request to Julian Assange for Clinton's emails.[18][19] Assange responded to the report by saying he denied Nix's request.[20] Mercer worked with Steve Bannon to create the film Clinton Cash.[8] She has consulted extensively with former Democratic strategist and pollster Patrick Caddell on campaigns.[21]

The Mercers stood behind Trump after the famous Access Hollywood tape was leaked in late 2016, dismissing Trump's claim of grabbing women's genitals against their will[22] as "locker room braggadocio."[23]
Yes, Ms. Mercer and Steve Bannon made a film out of the hit job her foundation paid $1.7 million for. When was it released?
wikipedia wrote:In May 2016, a film adaptation of the book, funded by co-founder of Government Accountability Institute and Breitbart News executive chairman Steve Bannon (CEO of the Donald Trump presidential campaign, 2016), was screened at the Cannes Film Festival.[22][23]

Time magazine reported that conservatives were not the intended audience for the film adaptation of the book: "Environmentalists. Anti-nuke activists. Gay-rights advocates. Good-government folks. They're all going to find themselves increasingly uncomfortable over claims that the likely Democratic nominee, in the film's words, takes cash from the 'darkest, worst corners of the world.'"[24]

The film's U.S. premiere was scheduled for July 24, 2016, in Philadelphia (prior to the 2016 Democratic National Convention there) and the film had a limited release in four other major U.S. cities in early August.[22][23]

Unlike the book, the target audience of the book was Democrats. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... n-finances More specifically, it was aimed at supporters of Bernie Sanders.

And, arguably, the smear worked. In an election as close as the 2016 election, any number of things could make the difference. So, when the 2020 election season rolled around, you'd have to be a fool not to try the same thing again. And whatever Mr. Schweitzer is, he's not a fool.
he/him

Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: The author of the smear: Peter Schweizer

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:11 pm
Who is Peter Schweizer? Well, according to Wikipedia, he's this guy:
Peter Franz Schweizer (born November 24, 1964) is an American political consultant and writer. He is the president of the Government Accountability Institute (GAI), senior editor-at-large of far-right media organization Breitbart News,[1] and a former fellow at the conservative Hoover Institution.[2]

Schweizer wrote Clinton Cash, a 2015 book discussing donations made to the Clinton Foundation by foreign entities and Bill and Hillary Clinton's income after they left the White House in 2001. Journalists and fact-checking organizations have criticized the book for speculation, conclusions not supported by the evidence presented, and for factual errors which were corrected in the Kindle edition.[3][4][5]
In his hit book on Hillary Clinton, Clinton Cash, he manufactured the Uranium One conspiracy theory.
Wikipedia wrote:]In 2015, Harper Collins published Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich, a 256-page book discussing the donations made to the Clinton Foundation by foreign entities.[24] Several media outlets received advance copies, including The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Fox News, all of whom agreed to pursue stories found in the book.[24] While promoting the book, Schweizer falsely claimed that then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had veto power to stop the sale of Uranium One to a Russian state-owned company.[5][25]
Note the timing of the book -- 2015. During the Presidential election season when the very likely democratic candidate for the election would be... Hillary Clinton. The book was paid for, in advance, by a familiar name:
Wikipedia wrote:The book was funded by the Mercer Family Foundation with a $1.7 million contribution in 2015 to the Government Accountability Institute (GAI) whose researchers Schweizer used.[31][32][33]
Schweizer, remember, was President of the GAI. What is the Mercer Foundation?
Mercer Family Foundation
Founder Robert Mercer
Type Charitable foundation
Headquarters New York, New York
Director Rebekah Mercer[1]
Disbursements $13,492,358 (2013)[2]
Website mercerfamilyfoundation.org

The Mercer Family Foundation is a private grant-making foundation in the United States. As of 2013, it had $37 million in assets.[3] The foundation is run by Rebekah Mercer, the daughter of computer scientist and hedge fund manager Robert Mercer.[4][5]

Under Rebekah’s leadership, the family foundation invested about $70 million into conservative causes between 2009 and 2014.[6] The foundation has also donated to groups that reject the scientific consensus on climate change.[7]
And [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebekah_Mercer]Rebekah Mercer?
Rebekah Mercer is an American heiress and Republican[2 wrote:[3] political donor who is the director of the Mercer Family Foundation. She began overseeing day-to-day operations of political projects for the Mercer family when the Mercers became involved in conservative causes.[2][4][5][6][7][8] Her father, billionaire Robert Mercer, said in November 2017 that he had sold his stake in the news site Breitbart to his daughters.[9] In August 2018, she funded and co-founded the social networking service Parler.[10][11]
Her political activities:
Wikipedia wrote:Mercer first became widely known in conservative circles in 2012 after Mitt Romney's defeat in the presidential election. She spoke to a group of wealthy conservative donors at New York's University Club about what the GOP had done wrong in canvassing and technology operations during the election cycle.[6]

Mercer helped start Reclaim New York with Steve Bannon in 2013. The organization trains citizens to watch their government closely, and uses freedom-of-information laws to force the New York government to disclose public spending.[6]

Mercer joined the board of the Heritage Foundation in 2014 as a trustee.[6]

A September 2016 Politico headline called her "the most powerful woman in GOP politics."[15] She has been more aligned with the anti-establishment part of the GOP than most other big Republican donors.[6] Newsmax Media owner Christopher Ruddy called her the "First Lady of the Alt-Right".[2]

Mercer supported Mitt Romney in 2012 and Ted Cruz for the 2016 presidential election. After Trump won the GOP nomination, she and her father switched their support to him. Mercer supported Jeff Sessions for Secretary of State over Mitt Romney.[2][7]

2016 presidential election[edit]

Mercer, along with her father, contributed $25 million to the 2016 presidential election.[5]

During the 2016 U.S. presidential primaries, Mercer led Keep the Promise I, a Super PAC (political action committee) which was the largest outside benefactor of Ted Cruz.[6]

In June 2016 after Trump won the primary, Mercer created the Defeat Crooked Hillary PAC, and ran the daily operations.[5] The PAC was incorporated with the name Make America Number 1 at the Federal Election Commission[16] and supported Donald Trump in the general election including making anti-Clinton ads.[16][17]

During the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Mercer proposed creating a searchable database for Hillary Clinton's e-mails in the public domain and then forwarded this suggestion to several people, including Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix, who e-mailed a request to Julian Assange for Clinton's emails.[18][19] Assange responded to the report by saying he denied Nix's request.[20] Mercer worked with Steve Bannon to create the film Clinton Cash.[8] She has consulted extensively with former Democratic strategist and pollster Patrick Caddell on campaigns.[21]

The Mercers stood behind Trump after the famous Access Hollywood tape was leaked in late 2016, dismissing Trump's claim of grabbing women's genitals against their will[22] as "locker room braggadocio."[23]
Yes, Ms. Mercer and Steve Bannon made a film out of the hit job her foundation paid $1.7 million for. When was it released?
wikipedia wrote:In May 2016, a film adaptation of the book, funded by co-founder of Government Accountability Institute and Breitbart News executive chairman Steve Bannon (CEO of the Donald Trump presidential campaign, 2016), was screened at the Cannes Film Festival.[22][23]

Time magazine reported that conservatives were not the intended audience for the film adaptation of the book: "Environmentalists. Anti-nuke activists. Gay-rights advocates. Good-government folks. They're all going to find themselves increasingly uncomfortable over claims that the likely Democratic nominee, in the film's words, takes cash from the 'darkest, worst corners of the world.'"[24]

Unlike the book, the target audience of the book was Democrats. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... n-finances More specifically, it was aimed at supporters of Bernie Sanders.

And, arguably, the smear worked. In an election as close as the 2016 election, any number of things could make the difference. So, when the 2020 election season rolled around, you'd have to be a fool not to try the same thing again. And whatever Mr. Schweitzer is, he's not a fool.

So I understand, you are not going to discuss what he wrote, but his character?

My assertions, going forward slowly is that 1st…Devon Archer visited White House and met with Joe Biden on April 6th 2014…is that a true or false assertion by Archer?

Can we agree that Peter Schweitzer (PS) was at least correct on this assertion of mine? Keep in mind I did not assert anything that PS might have wrote about the things you are discussing, I am being very specific in my assertions, and if I am incorrect I will correct them…we can together work through this if you want to.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/07/biden-rel ... in-secret/

I could be wrong but I do not think this visit was reputed by the dem’s in the impeachment hearings. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day, so let see if PS is correct on some of these assertions.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:15 pm

My assertions, going forward slowly is that 1st…Devon Archer visited White House and met with Joe Biden on April 6th 2014…is that a true or false assertion by Archer?

Can we agree that Peter Schweitzer (PS) was at least correct on this assertion of mine? Keep in mind I did not assert anything that PS might have wrote about the things you are discussing, I am being very specific in my assertions, and if I am incorrect I will correct them…we can together work through this if you want to.

I could be wrong but I do not think this visit was reputed by the dem’s in the impeachment hearings. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day, so let see if PS is correct on some of these assertions.
Funny that you would object to discussing the character of a guy who makes his living smearing other people's character. But it's really not about his character -- it's about what he does. Doing "research" requires understanding your sources and their biases. But, have a little patience. I'll get to your "assertion." And it wasn't Archer's assertion it was Schweizer's.
he/him

Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:38 pm
Markk wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:15 pm

Funny that you would object to discussing the character of a guy who makes his living smearing other people's character. But it's really not about his character -- it's about what he does. Doing "research" requires understanding your sources and their biases. But, have a little patience. I'll get to your "assertion." And it wasn't Archer's assertion it was Schweizer's.

It was neither’ s assertion, It was my assertion; that Archer visited the White House on 4/6/14…I stated I first read about it in PS’s book, and that I then sought to confirm what he wrote.

You need to focus on what MY assertion is, which is in this one instance Archer visited the White House on the date I presented. I am either correct or i am wrong…which is it Res.

But to be fair I will wait and have patience on you rebuttal, allI I ask is keep it is context…Iunderstand it is not easy, but lets try to do the best we can…fair?
Res Ipsa
God

The smear

Post by Res Ipsa »

When Peter Schweizer's book Secret Empires was published on March 18, 2018, Joe Biden was not yet a candidate for the presidency. But he was out raising his visibility by campaigning for Democrats in the mid-terms, and he and Trump were already taking shots at each other. https://www.inquirer.com/Philadelphia/news/po ... 80322.html It was clear to just about everyone that Joe was setting himself up to run, whether he actually would or not.

As I said, Peter Schweizer is no fool. He learned from his experience with Clinton Cash. In that book, he took direct aim at Hillary Clinton, and got caught overplaying his hand on Uranium One. In Secret Empires, he didn't out and out claim that government officials had acted corruptly -- he attacked them through their friends and families under a theory he called: "corruption by proxy." Here's how he defines "corruption"
By corruption, I mean when officials “abuse their positions for private gain . . . Corruption is the dishonest or fraudulent use of power for personal gain.”13
He then segues to how financial fraud in is hidden through the use of offshore financial accounts.
In the world of finance, everyone understands the subterfuge of “offshore” assets. Corporations and high-net-worth individuals stuff their assets and money into obscure limited liability companies or bank accounts in places like Panama, Belize, and Cyprus. By doing so, it becomes very difficult, if not impossible, to map out their transactions.
Then he claims that politicians are "offshoring" their corruption through their families and friends who are paid by foreign interests in countries with weak disclosure laws:
When it comes to corruption in Washington, the same sort of thing is occurring. The American political class is “offshoring” its corruption.

Sometimes, politicians will literally offshore corruption by moving the location of the deal, the entities, and the players involved, abroad. Other times, they offshore corruption metaphorically by shifting the cronyism out of their own hands and into those of their children or a close friend to leverage from afar and avoid detection. Either way, the results are the same: like the financier who puts his assets in a bank in Belize, it becomes very hard to track the flow of money and exchange of services. Politicians and their families are increasingly able to avoid public scrutiny and accountability for the selling of influence. And the sums involved are enormous.
And the best thing about proxy by corruption is that, by definition, you can't prove it by direct evidence:
Besides being off the disclosure grid, offshore transactions provide plausible deniability when facing scrutiny. If money lands in a politician’s bank account, there is evidence of a direct benefit. Even if it shows up in the bank account of their spouse, questions would be raised. But what if the money, the job, or the business opportunity falls to a politician’s adult child or best friend? Even if that transaction were to become public, there would be an added layer of legal protection.
This is pretty genius. The guy who went nuclear on Hillary Clinton was never actually demonstrate corruption on her part in his book -- at lest the way he defines it: "Corruption is the dishonest or fraudulent use of power for personal gain." So, instead of trying to prove corruption in his next book, he creates a new form of corruption that can't be proven. His theory isn't so much "corruption by proxy" -- it's corruption by innuendo. All he has to is find friends or family of governmental officials who leveraged their relation to the official to earn money, and, presto: corruption! He never has to actually demonstrate that the official acted for the benefit of the friend or family member.

Cool.

And that's what he proceeds to do with various former members of the Obama administration. Oh, he throws in a chapter about Mitch McConnell, who wasn't exactly on the best of terms with the alt-right at that time. And he talks about Trump and his children, although the point seems to be "Democrats were worse." But make no mistake -- this book is about "corruption" within the Obama administration. As foreshadowed in the first chapter, it's long on insinuation and innuendo and short on actual corruption. And it's high profile targets are Joe Biden and John Kerry.

The acknowledgments in the book contain some familiar names:

I cofounded the Government Accountability Institute (GAI) in 2012 with Stephen K. Bannon, who stepped down from the board in 2016 to pursue other noteable goals. Today the organization enjoys the benefits of a tremendous board of directors including Chairman Rebekah Mercer, who has enthusiastically supported our work and provided thoughtful leadership. Thanks also go to board members Hunter Lewis, Ron Robinson, and Owen Smith for their insightful guidance.

At GAI we have a formidable band of professional staff who make us one of the most effective investigative organizations in the world. These include Stuart Christmas our general counsel, research director Eric Eggers, program director Steve Post, and data and technical director Chance Hendrix. Sandy Schulz helps us expertly navigate the world of media and communications. They all contributed mightily to this book. Some GAI employees who also contributed have asked to remain anonymous.
So, the same team except for Bannon, who was on the outs with Trump at the time. He doesn't enter this round until later, when he starts the resurrection of the smear by claiming he has a copy of the hard drive from Hunter Biden's laptop.

With all this as background, let's get to the meeting.

After the Introductory Chapter, the next Chapter is titled "American Princelings -- Two Sons and a Roommate. And it's all about the three friends with connections: Hunter Biden, Chris Heinz (John Kerry's step-son) and Devon Archer. Fairly early in the Chapter we get a good look at the depth of analysis we're going to get:
By their own account, Joe and Hunter are extraordinarily close. “The single best thing [Ilearned from my father],” Hunter once said, “is family comes first. Over everything.” We have an expression in our family,” says Vice President Biden. “If you have to ask for help, it’s too late. We’re there for each other.”17

By 2009, Hunter’s father was the vice president of the United States.
This is Schweizer's stock in trade. It's not that anything in that passage is inaccurate. However, it insinuates that, based on two quotes about the importance of family, if Hunter Biden was able to trade on his father's name, it means that Joe corruptly help him do it. That's the formula for the whole book: insinuation and innuendo.

But Chapter 2 is mostly about China. Ukraine gets its own Chapter, titled "Bidens in Ukraine." Keep in mind that the fact that Hunter Biden had joined the Burisma Board of Directors was a story that got quite a bit of coverage at the time in the mainstream media.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424 ... 2284706288 https://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/ ... s/9047751/

What Chapter 2 adds is the insinuation that Joe Biden used his government position corruptly to financially enrich his son and the other princes. And, after reviewing some history of the Ukraine and Barisma, Schweizer starts the insinuation like this:
On April 16, 2014, Devon Archer made a private visit to the White House for a meeting with Vice President Biden. We do not know the duration because, according to White House records, the meeting lasted until 11:59 p.m., the end-of-the-day placeholder when the meeting’s end was not recorded.25

Less than a week later, on April 22, there was a public announcement that Devon Archer had to join the board of Burisma. Three weeks after that, on May 13, it was announced that Hunter Biden would join, too. Neither Biden nor Archer had any background or experience in the energy sector.26.

The timing of the announcement is significant. The day before Archer’s appointment, on April 21, Vice President Joe Biden landed in Kiev for a series of high-level meetings with Ukrainian officials. The vice president was bringing with him highly welcomed terms of a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program to assist the Ukrainian natural gas industry, and promises of more U.S. financial assistance and loans. Soon the United States and the International Monetary Fund would be pumping more than $1 billion into the Ukrainian economy.
The insinuation is pretty clear. As they say, connect the dots. Devon Archer makes a "private visit" to the White house "for a meeting" with VP Joe Biden. Six days later, Biden flies to Ukraine with a boatload of dollars for the natural gas industry. And the next day,
Archer is awarded with a spot on the Burisma Board with a huuuuge salary. OMG, there it is. Corruption by proxy.

Like Schweizer's other books, this one is filled with end notes. This Chapter alone has 84. And the paragraph about Devon Archer's private meeting has a footnote. Here's the source: 25 “White House Visitor Logs,” InsideGov, http://white-house-logs.insidegov.com.

So far, we've only looked at Wikipedia for background, Schweizer's book, and a couple media articles. Now it's time to do "the research." Instead of taking Schweizer's word for what he said, let's look at his source. As a step to increase transparency, the Obama administration made the White House visitor logs publicly available online. And they're still available right here: https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/br ... or-records I downloaded the logs released in 2014, and was rewarded with an enormous spreadsheet with tens of thousands of lines. (Have a boatload of RAM if you try this at home.)

And after search for "Archer" in the last name column, I finally found it. Here's a picture of that part of the log:

I did two things to the log for that screenshot. I hid a bunch of columns that don't have relevant information so that I could get the relavant columns in the same screenshot. And I highlighted the row to make it easy to see.

So, let's check. Yup, Devon Archer. Yup, April 16. Yup, 11:30, Yup, placeholder for ending, but that's true of all the entries in that shot. Yup, VPOTUS. Yup, White House, West Wing. There is a column for purpose of the visit, but it is blank in most entries. A couple said "lunch." On other pages it says "tour group." Some say "meeting." Devon's is blank, like most of them are.

So, we know he went to the White House to see Joe Biden. But why? The log entry doesn't say "meeting." But, wait. If you look at the column headers for the entries "White House" and "West Wing," they are "MEETING_LOC" and "MEETING_ROOM." Aha! So it was a MEETING!! Except, maybe not. The West Wing is a building, not a room. And all the entries I saw had entries under those entries, even tours. So, no real evidence of a "meeting."

But why else would he be there? Everything else checks out, so maybe Schweizer's right...

But what's that pesky little "2" in the row for? Well that's the number in the party. So, not just Devon Archer. Who else was there? Did anyone other than Marcus catch it? Look at the row under Devon's. It's for Lukas Archer. Both Archers have the same number starting with "U" in the column to the right of their names. The header for that column is UIN. And the handy dandy explainer for the column headings that you can also download from the webpage says this: "UIN - Appointment Number "

So, who is Lukas Archer, and why are we hearing about him for the first time from an internet rando who calls himself Res Ipsa?
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:55 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:38 pm

It was neither’ s assertion, It was my assertion; that Archer visited the White House on 4/6/14…I stated I first read about it in PS’s book, and that I then sought to confirm what he wrote.

You need to focus on what MY assertion is, which is in this one instance Archer visited the White House on the date I presented. I am either correct or i am wrong…which is it Res.

But to be fair I will wait and have patience on you rebuttal, allI I ask is keep it is context…Iunderstand it is not easy, but lets try to do the best we can…fair?
Look at you, all jumping in to try and control the narrative when you haven't bothered to do the research on your trusted source. I'm being fair -- much more fair than Peter Schweizer, your source, has ever dreamed of being.
he/him

Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Res it is really a simple question, did Devon Archer visit JB on the 6th? yes he did, I first read it in PS book and verified it with other sources, and you confirm it here…so can we move on with the understanding that Archer met with Joe in the White House? All PS said in the book I read that I am asserting here is this…
As previously noted in Secret Empires, on April 16, 2014, Devon Archer made a private visit to the White House for a meeting with Joe Biden. The day prior, Burisma had deposited more than $112,000 into a Rosemont bank account marked “C/O Devon Archer.”
This is my assertion Res, is this true or not?