Oh what a tangled web we weave

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
K Graham
God

Re: Oh what a tangled web we weave

Post by K Graham »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:24 am
I don't believe Biden will run against in 2024. But he also won't announce this until 2023-24 so as to not undermine his presidency by create a lame duck condition normally associated with second term presidents with two years left. It's an apparent weakness that comes with the limits for executives.
I hope he doesn't. But I don't want Harris running either. I think there are far better candidates to choose from. Michelle Obama would win in a landslide no matter who the Republicans choose to run.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:14 am
honorentheos wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:24 am
I don't believe Biden will run against in 2024. But he also won't announce this until 2023-24 so as to not undermine his presidency by create a lame duck condition normally associated with second term presidents with two years left. It's an apparent weakness that comes with the limits for executives.
I hope he doesn't. But I don't want Harris running either. I think there are far better candidates to choose from. Michelle Obama would win in a landslide no matter who the Republicans choose to run.
I absolutely agree with you on all three counts. I don't think MB will run, but if she did I would vote for her over any Republican candidate.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Pete Buttigieg was the smartest and most able of the candidates on the 2020 pre-nomination ballots. I hope he runs, although I suspect the LDS Church would be willing to break all election laws and donate up to $100 billion dollars to defeat him should he get the nomination. Perhaps they would go with the World Congress of Families or another Moscow-friendly group (Death to the West?) to funnel these monies.

The Republicans would go with some venal cartoon-like villain as their candidate.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace