Oh what a tangled web we weave

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Oh what a tangled web we weave

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:36 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:57 pm

I deny it. Although, in contrast to Trump, he relies on a competent set of advisers to keep him informed and give him advice.
Who are these advisers? I often wonder who is really in charge. When my mother in law was entering into dementia, she showed the same signs as JB. She had her good days, and her ok days, and some bad days. She would close her eyes to think when pressed like Biden, and get angry like Biden when questioned about certain things. It obvious he is i early stages of this.

My point is when she started to decline, we had to slowly take over duties for her. her accounting, make sure she was taking her meds and that she took care of her dogs, and just basic things like hygiene. So I think with Joe it is a little more complicated than advisers keeping him informed and giving him advice…good God he is, or should be the most powerful man in the world.

Who is really calling the shots…who creates his notes and tells him what to say? Susan Rice? His wife? Hunter? ( a joke to keep this light).
His cabinet, The intelligence community,

Absent evidence To the contrary, he’s calling the shots.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:56 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:55 pm

Well, what I'm envisioning could be integrated in to a timeline to examine that, but I'd like to keep this project centered on the issues of whether Joe Biden used his governmental powers improperly for the purpose of enriching Hunter.
Of course. I do wonder about the purpose of the project given the same exercise was undertaken specific to the Ukraine and shared in the previous thread when the issue was more fresh but I'm purely a spectator in this effort. Adding the objective to be distracted from might lend novelty to the enterprise given I am unaware of similar timelines existing.

There was some discussion in the old thread about the sincerity of Markk and why myself and others viewed him as being sincere when many did not. My impression then and still is that Markk is among many people who do not allow new information to have subtractive power for their theories, only additive. A product of John Wayne/Dalen Oaks "never apologize" machismo, perhaps. So when new information is presented that should cause the original argument to reframe around a disproven view, they instead reassert the claim and the new information largely dismissed. It's not insincere so much as it is simply not in their capacity to deconstruct their prior beliefs based on new information. If it doesn't synthesize with the theory, it is sincerely if mistakenly seen as non-responsive. One is greeted with renewed appeals to "think about it", and the just so thinking that fed the original belief is reasserted as obvious and unaddressed. It cannot be reduced, only acknowledged and reframed which is not what one ought to do with mistaken beliefs when evidence disproves them but that isn't inherently how we all think. As a result, one cannot show that this just so thinking was wrong and needs to reeled back. Instead, one ends up chasing conjecture after conjecture like the multiplying heads of a hydra.

Do you foresee the timeline being more successful this go around in removing imagination from the primary fuel feeding the claims of Biden corruption? If so, I'm interested in observing what success you achieve. So far I see your successes coming in the form of withheld judgement and the potential for Hunter Biden to prove the scoundrel. I don't know that that is in dispute but it's apparently news worthy. Given your evidence presented about the meetings and other claims that form the basis for attaching Joe Biden to the speculated scandal was less successful in finding purchase, well...

I'm sure it will be fruitful.
LOL Honor…we are both pig headed. We both have our lines we stay within…everything you stated about me I could equally say about you. Personally I believe folks like me, you, res, Steuss, and a few others are pretty opened minded, we certainly have our moments, but we can communicate most of the time. There are those like Kevin, Gad, Schmo, Doc…that are like talking to a brick wall, they aren’t even fun to talk to, and all they want to do is drag you into a trolling war…which they have been successful at at times.

Remember this is a discussion board, not a “I’m going to change your mind board.” I learn a lot here. I learn about my prejudices, my pig headedness, and pride.

I get a lot of heat here and labeled as a Trump “fan”…when I stated from the beginning it was sad that the only choices we had was a reality TV host and Hillary…and now we have maybe the most inept administration in the History of our country. I said before was elected, on this site, that if a Dem gets elected I hope it Biden…man I was wrong, but that is what I thought. I voted for Carter, and I voted for Perot…so I am more open than you give me credit for. I even almost, but did not vote for Bill Clinton his first time. LOL I was pissed at Bush the sr, and ironically I think he is the best president of my generation looking back. You just never know.

Trump is a idiot I get that…but he did a lot of things well, and did things that I value that you might not. I honestly believe that Washington is a swamp, on both sides. Lindsay G. Is a tool, as is Cruz. OAC and her crew are dangerous…and Pelosi, Mitch and especially Schumer are life long politicians that need to retire. Schiff is a criminal. Right or wrong that is how I see it.

I hope in three years we get a president that can truly unite us, for my Grandchildren's sake.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:40 pm
Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:36 pm

Who are these advisers? I often wonder who is really in charge. When my mother in law was entering into dementia, she showed the same signs as JB. She had her good days, and her ok days, and some bad days. She would close her eyes to think when pressed like Biden, and get angry like Biden when questioned about certain things. It obvious he is i early stages of this.

My point is when she started to decline, we had to slowly take over duties for her. her accounting, make sure she was taking her meds and that she took care of her dogs, and just basic things like hygiene. So I think with Joe it is a little more complicated than advisers keeping him informed and giving him advice…good God he is, or should be the most powerful man in the world.

Who is really calling the shots…who creates his notes and tells him what to say? Susan Rice? His wife? Hunter? ( a joke to keep this light).

How do you know that Res? No possible way he has the energy and cognitive awareness to do so.

Again how do you know this?
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:17 pm
How do you know that Res? No possible way he has the energy and cognitive awareness to do so.
How do you know this Markk?

Because the Right Wing disinformation machine has you convinced Biden is senile and mentally compromised? You don't understand much about cognitive decline do you. Not everyone who studders is mentally compromised.

In December 2019, Biden’s primary care physician, at Biden’s request, issued a summary of his medical and surgical history. "Vice president Biden is a healthy, vigorous, 77-year-old male, who is fit to successfully execute the duties of the presidency, to include those as chief executive, head of state and commander in chief," wrote Kevin C. O’Connor, Biden’s doctor since 2009 and director of executive medicine at The GW Medical Faculty Associates.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... oe-biden-/
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:40 pm

Based on the fact that the President is the person who calls the shots in the executive branch. Absent evidence that Biden is not and someone else is, there is no reason to assume otherwise. Subjective impressions by heavily biased critics aren't evidence.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

There was far more evidence that Trump was being dragged around by the nose while he was in office. He did virtually everything Stephen Miller told him. Remember after Trump refused to block increasing the debt limit by insisting funding for the border wall? Yeah. Immediately after Right Wing talk radio hosts like Ann Coulter called him a coward, he immediately shifted gears.

How Stephen Miller Manipulates Donald Trump to Further His Immigration Obsession

Ronald Reagan was the same way. Something about celebrities expected to become leaders of the free world.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:34 pm
Markk wrote:

Based on the fact that the President is the person who calls the shots in the executive branch. Absent evidence that Biden is not and someone else is, there is no reason to assume otherwise. Subjective impressions by heavily biased critics aren't evidence.
Well, I think there are reasons to assume otherwise. Such as when he states things like they told me not to say this or that…reads off of cue cards, and struggles with getting words out. He was sharp 4 or 5 years ago, he is clearly declining. It might be hard for you to talk about, bout it is obviously evident. Both my parents passed away in their mid 80’s because of Cancer (F Cancer) but they were declining the same way that Joe is.

Reagan’s last years were rough, he was not calling the shots from many reports. What do you think about Mike Donilon?

One generally knows there is a problem when it can’t be openly discussed.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

K Graham wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:50 pm
There was far more evidence that Trump was being dragged around by the nose while he was in office. He did virtually everything Stephen Miller told him. Remember after Trump refused to block increasing the debt limit by insisting funding for the border wall? Yeah. Immediately after Right Wing talk radio hosts like Ann Coulter called him a coward, he immediately shifted gears.

How Stephen Miller Manipulates Donald Trump to Further His Immigration Obsession

Ronald Reagan was the same way. Something about celebrities expected to become leaders of the free world.
Kevin,

I agree with Reagan, I think he was over rated on many things, especially closeting down mental health. But, disagree about Trump. If anyone disagreed with him he got rid of them. in my opinion some good fires (Bolton) and bad ones. You can criticize him for a lot of things, but being the boss is not one of them.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:
No possible way he has the energy and cognitive awareness to do so.
Your evidence for this assertion is what? Are you a doctor? Have you examined him? You sure have some irrational ideas about how reality works.

But don't go by me.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Here is the (dirty and likely corrupt) man whom Markk now imagines has no energy or cognitive awareness.

Biden: 'I make no apologies' for Putin comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0hUAQVWRII
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!