Oh what a tangled web we weave

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: Oh what a tangled web we weave

Post by Markk »

LOL How am I shifting goal posts, this whole bread is a straw-man?

You stated that the west wing is just “a building with a lot of cool stuff,” which is so wrong, it is the center or our government and hold the most important “meeting places” maybe in the world. And now you are doubling down? LOL okay Res…sure, the West Wing is just a place with cool things and not the center of activity for the most powerful men and women in the world and their staff. Just say you got sloppy on this one Res and move on, doubling down just makes it worse, say you were mistaken and it goes away, at least with me.

These are the facts, they met in the west wing in private with the VP. That is fact, whether it is with or without Lucas, it was a private meeting, they were alone. The fact is that you, or I, or PS…have no idea what was said or exchanged…but it happened. What is also fact is that the day before this meeting Burisma deposited 112K into Rosmont’s account in care of Archer. Five days later JB flew to the Ukraine for meeting with their government for the US to assist their natural gas industry. The next day Archer was named to the Board of Burisma and soon to follow Hunter was. These are all verifiable facts from sources apart from PS…among which are the Impeachment hearing Transcripts (google CNN Impeachmet transcripts), and a law case that subpoenaed Rosemont’s financial records, which I told you to read through in another post.

There much more we have not even got into… hopefully we will get past this straw-man and move forward.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:46 pm

You stated that the west wing is just “a building with a lot of cool stuff,” which is so wrong, it is the center or our government and hold the most important “meeting places” maybe in the world. And now you are doubling down? LOL okay Res…sure, the West Wing is just a place with cool things and not the center of activity for the most powerful men and women in the world and their staff. Just say you got sloppy on this one Res and move on, doubling down just makes it worse, say you were mistaken and it goes away, at least with me.

These are the facts, they met in the west wing in private with the VP. That is fact, whether it is with or without Lucas, it was a private meeting, they were alone. The fact is that you, or I, or PS…have no idea what was said or exchanged…but it happened. What is also fact is that the day before this meeting Burisma deposited 112K into Rosmont’s account in care of Archer. Five days later JB flew to the Ukraine for meeting with their government for the US to assist their natural gas industry. The next day Archer was named to the Board of Burisma and soon to follow Hunter was. These are all verifiable facts from sources apart from PS…among which are the Impeachment hearing Transcripts (google CNN Impeachmet transcripts), and a law case that subpoenaed Rosemont’s financial records, which I told you to read through in another post.

There much more we have not even got into… hopefully we will get past this straw-man and move forward.
What is your evidence that they had a “private meeting” with no one else present? Was the West Wing empty that day? Which room was this meeting held in? What sources do these media accounts cite? What sources did the Senate Committees cite? Was evidence about the “meeting” shown in the hearings? Did any witness testify about the “ meeting?”

I’ve looked at more accounts than Peter’s book, and the only evidence ever cited is the White House log. You’re doing just what the Republican senators are doing: parroting the same claim over and over again. What a Republican Senator says is not evidence. What Ron Johnson says in a letter is not evidence. The text of the interim committee report isn’t evidence. The text of Peter’s book isn’t evidence. The log is evidence that Archer and his kid went to the West Wing to see Joe Biden. Hunter’s schedule is evidence that the three of them met at a coffee shop and went there together.
That’s it — that’s the evidence. If you’ve got any other actual evidence, it’s time to put it on the table.

Note that Hunter can visit his Dad without appearing on the log. So, your theory is that, instead of Hunter and Devon concocting a scheme in their own business offices, and then Hunter meeting with his Dad, which would leave no record of his visit, the two of them decided to conspire in the West Wing, where Devon’s presence would leave a publicly accessible record, oh, and let’s bring the kid, too.

What you are actually claiming, based only on insinuation, makes zero sense. Why would Devon need to meet with Joe Biden at all? Heck, if Joe was in on a plan to take action corruptly, he and Hunter could have met in the residence instead of a building filled with people.

And I haven’t strawmanned anything. You referred me to the book, which I quoted. Upthread, you quoted the book to specify what your claim was.

This isn’t a peripheral issue. It’s one only a couple instances in which Joe Biden is alleged to have done something corrupt in connection with Burisma. And it’s based on a misrepresentation of the actual evidence we have because the actual facts show that the conspiracy theory makes no sense.

ETA: and you keeping missing the point about the west wing. For a kid, it’s a cool place to visit. Meeting the VP is a cool thing. It is perfectly understandable that Hunter would take his good friend and his friend’s kid to the West Wing to get a tour with Hunters Dad. The kid’s presence makes no sense in the narrative you keep trying to push.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:27 pm
Markk wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:46 pm

What is your evidence that they had a “private meeting” with no one else present? Was the West Wing empty that day? Which room was this meeting held in? What sources do these media accounts cite? What sources did the Senate Committees cite? Was evidence about the “meeting” shown in the hearings? Did any witness testify about the “ meeting?”

I’ve looked at more accounts than Peter’s book, and the only evidence ever cited is the White House log. You’re doing just what the Republican senators are doing: parroting the same claim over and over again. What a Republican Senator says is not evidence. What Ron Johnson says in a letter is not evidence. The text of the interim committee report isn’t evidence. The text of Peter’s book isn’t evidence. The log is evidence that Archer and his kid went to the West Wing to see Joe Biden. Hunter’s schedule is evidence that the three of them met at a coffee shop and went there together.
That’s it — that’s the evidence. If you’ve got any other actual evidence, it’s time to put it on the table.

Note that Hunter can visit his Dad without appearing on the log. So, your theory is that, instead of Hunter and Devon concocting a scheme in their own business offices, and then Hunter meeting with his Dad, which would leave no record of his visit, the two of them decided to conspire in the West Wing, where Devon’s presence would leave a publicly accessible record, oh, and let’s bring the kid, too.

What you are actually claiming, based only on insinuation, makes zero sense. Why would Devon need to meet with Joe Biden at all? Heck, if Joe was in on a plan to take action corruptly, he and Hunter could have met in the residence instead of a building filled with people.

And I haven’t strawmanned anything. You referred me to the book, which I quoted. Upthread, you quoted the book to specify what your claim was.

This isn’t a peripheral issue. It’s one only a couple instances in which Joe Biden is alleged to have done something corrupt in connection with Burisma. And it’s based on a misrepresentation of the actual evidence we have because the actual facts show that the conspiracy theory makes no sense.

ETA: and you keeping missing the point about the west wing. For a kid, it’s a cool place to visit. Meeting the VP is a cool thing. It is perfectly understandable that Hunter would take his good friend and his friend’s kid to the West Wing to get a tour with Hunters Dad. The kid’s presence makes no sense in the narrative you keep trying to push.
LOL…so even though Archers name is on the sign in log, even with his sons, you are saying he did not meet the VP? Where is your evidence they did not meet alone? Point being this is just a small part of different things that paint the larger picture which you apparently don’t want to address.

LOL again…You act like Hunter and Archer are reputable people? You got one thing right, Devon Archer is Hunter Biden's best friend, and sitting in prison. All three have met other places Res they have golfed together, remember the story about Trump and Tucker getting is wrong about the fourth person in the photo? Who know how many other times they met?

Don’t you find is just a little odd that Biden, who was the lead man for the Obama administration for the Ukraine visited the Ukraine and then Archer, the criminal best friend of Hunter, and Hunter are hired by a Russian backed oligarch who was bilking the Ukrainian government out of millions if not billions of dollars, and at the time JB was flying to the Ukraine on behalf of the US to work on giving monetary assistance to their natural gas industry in which Burisman, which is owned by the Russian back gangster and boss of hunter and his best friend. And like I said many time MZ, the Russian backed oligarch , had to flee the country.

Res you picked a weak straw-man to counter many facts that are clear.

P.S. You had no idea what the West Wing was, “a building with a lot of cool things!” Ha,….now you double down and change your assertion on that.

Your wrote…” You don’t take a seven year old kid to a “private meeting” where you conspire with the Vice President to corruptly conduct foreign policy.” I would counter that by saying you don’t work for Russian backed Oligarchs with your best friend that is the son of a sitting Vice President, and absolutely never ever try to fraud 50 plus millions of dollars from native Americans.

Anyways lets move on to Hunter and Archer landing jobs with Burisma.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Markk wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:12 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
It is perfectly understandable that Hunter would take his good friend and his friend’s kid to the West Wing to get a tour with Hunters Dad.
... you are saying he did not meet the VP?
Turing test: failed.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

LOL…so even though Archers name is on the sign in log, even with his sons, you are saying he did not meet the VP? Where is your evidence they did not meet alone? Point being this is just a small part of different things that paint the larger picture which you apparently don’t want to address.

LOL again…You act like Hunter and Archer are reputable people? You got one thing right, Devon Archer is Hunter Biden's best friend, and sitting in prison. All three have met other places Res they have golfed together, remember the story about Trump and Tucker getting is wrong about the fourth person in the photo? Who know how many other times they met?

Don’t you find is just a little odd that Biden, who was the lead man for the Obama administration for the Ukraine visited the Ukraine and then Archer, the criminal best friend of Hunter, and Hunter are hired by a Russian backed oligarch who was bilking the Ukrainian government out of millions if not billions of dollars, and at the time JB was flying to the Ukraine on behalf of the US to work on giving monetary assistance to their natural gas industry in which Burisman, which is owned by the Russian back gangster and boss of hunter and his best friend. And like I said many time MZ, the Russian backed oligarch , had to flee the country.

P.S. You had no idea what the West Wing was, “a building with a lot of cool things!” Ha,….now you double down and change your assertion on that.

Your wrote…” You don’t take a seven year old kid to a “private meeting” where you conspire with the Vice President to corruptly conduct foreign policy.” I would counter that by saying you don’t work for Russian backed Oligarchs with your best friend that is the son of a sitting Vice President, and absolutely never ever try to fraud 50 plus millions of dollars from native Americans.

No, we’ll stay right here until you get a firm grip on how evidence works. You are the person who claims there was a private meeting. You have the burden to carry the burden of proof on your claims. I have no obligation to disprove your claims. It’s on you. Your whole argument depends on Archer having a private meeting with the VP about Burisma. But now you’re just playing games with the words meet and meeting. To have a private meeting to discuss Burisma means sitting down with Joe Biden in private and having a discussion. That’s the noun “meeting.” That’s what you need to show, but you’ve provided no evidence whatever that any such meeting actually took place.

You keep equivocating between “having a private meeting (noun) with” and “meet” (verb). If I say I’m going to meet someone, it means that I’m going to be in the same place as that person at some time. It could be for five seconds or all day. And the purpose could literally be anything. It doesn’t in anyway imply that the purpose is to have a focused discussion on a specific topic. It would be accurate to say that Hunter, Devon, and Luke “met” Joe Biden. But that does not imply that they had a meeting to discuss Burisma.

This is absolutely not a small thing. This whole picture you keep wanting to talk about is about thing people not named Joe Biden did. To go beyond a political smear, you have to show that Joe Biden did something politically corrupt. For example, you bring up Devon’s criminal conviction involving work he did for a tribe. The part you don’t want to talk about is that Joe Biden wasn’t involved with the tribal issues. But you just can’t stop dishonestly smearing Joe Biden with Archer’s criminal conviction.

“Who knows knows how many other times they met” is not evidence of corruption. It’s the typical political smear through innuendo. A son golfing with his dad and his best friend is not evidence of corruption. If it was, you’d have to put half the country in Prison. You’re acting like Joe was required to have no contact with his son for eight years because his son wasn’t a “reputable person,” whatever that means. “Sorry Hunter, I must banish you because you don’t have a sufficiently high reputation.” :roll:

You keep accusing me of something about a straw man. Anyone can sling around words. Exactly what did I say that is a statement and why. If you can’t do that, it’s disingenuous to keep repeating that.

No, I don’t find the timing odd at all. In fact, the events happened in such a short timeframe that claiming they are causally connected is preposterous. The US government doesn’t just give the VP unlimited authority to fly around the world like Santa Claus, throwing money at anyone he wants. Because of the revolution, the US government has to formulate a U.S. policy towards the new government. Somebody had to give Biden authority to tell the Ukraine government what the US was willing to do. The notion that Biden could have made all the things he announced happen in a few days is ridiculous.

LOL! You haven’t the faintest idea what I know and don’t know. Before we ever had this discussion, I was well aware of the rooms in the west wing. And the actual research I did before I started this thread included looking at floor plans of the West Wing to think through why someone might bring a seven year old there. It’s interesting that you obsessively taking what I said out of its context to try to score points on an irrelevant issue.

Your last Paragraph makes no sense at all. It’s a complete non-sequitur. The likelihood that Devon Archer would take his seven year old to a private meeting with the Vice President to strike some kind of unspecified corrupt deal has nothing to do with the fact that Devon and Hunter joined the Burisma Board.

I totally get why you want so badly to move on. Your parroted conspiracy theory that the fact that Archer went to the White House with his kids shows that Joe Biden was corrupt from the beginning has fallen to pieces. You just keep parroting the same thing over and over, even after being shown that you are parroting the guy who sold you a fake bill of goods by hiding the evidence that contradicts his conspiracy narrative.
he/him

Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:02 pm
Markk wrote:

No, we’ll stay right here until you get a firm grip on how evidence works. You are the person who claims there was a private meeting. You have the burden to carry the burden of proof on your claims. I have no obligation to disprove your claims. It’s on you. Your whole argument depends on Archer having a private meeting with the VP about Burisma. But now you’re just playing games with the words meet and meeting. To have a private meeting to discuss Burisma means sitting down with Joe Biden in private and having a discussion. That’s the noun “meeting.” That’s what you need to show, but you’ve provided no evidence whatever that any such meeting actually took place.

You keep equivocating between “having a private meeting (noun) with” and “meet” (verb). If I say I’m going to meet someone, it means that I’m going to be in the same place as that person at some time. It could be for five seconds or all day. And the purpose could literally be anything. It doesn’t in anyway imply that the purpose is to have a focused discussion on a specific topic. It would be accurate to say that Hunter, Devon, and Luke “met” Joe Biden. But that does not imply that they had a meeting to discuss Burisma.

This is absolutely not a small thing. This whole picture you keep wanting to talk about is about thing people not named Joe Biden did. To go beyond a political smear, you have to show that Joe Biden did something politically corrupt. For example, you bring up Devon’s criminal conviction involving work he did for a tribe. The part you don’t want to talk about is that Joe Biden wasn’t involved with the tribal issues. But you just can’t stop dishonestly smearing Joe Biden with Archer’s criminal conviction.

“Who knows knows how many other times they met” is not evidence of corruption. It’s the typical political smear through innuendo. A son golfing with his dad and his best friend is not evidence of corruption. If it was, you’d have to put half the country in Prison. You’re acting like Joe was required to have no contact with his son for eight years because his son wasn’t a “reputable person,” whatever that means. “Sorry Hunter, I must banish you because you don’t have a sufficiently high reputation.” :roll:

You keep accusing me of something about a straw man. Anyone can sling around words. Exactly what did I say that is a statement and why. If you can’t do that, it’s disingenuous to keep repeating that.

No, I don’t find the timing odd at all. In fact, the events happened in such a short timeframe that claiming they are causally connected is preposterous. The US government doesn’t just give the VP unlimited authority to fly around the world like Santa Claus, throwing money at anyone he wants. Because of the revolution, the US government has to formulate a U.S. policy towards the new government. Somebody had to give Biden authority to tell the Ukraine government what the US was willing to do. The notion that Biden could have made all the things he announced happen in a few days is ridiculous.

LOL! You haven’t the faintest idea what I know and don’t know. Before we ever had this discussion, I was well aware of the rooms in the west wing. And the actual research I did before I started this thread included looking at floor plans of the West Wing to think through why someone might bring a seven year old there. It’s interesting that you obsessively taking what I said out of its context to try to score points on an irrelevant issue.

Your last Paragraph makes no sense at all. It’s a complete non-sequitur. The likelihood that Devon Archer would take his seven year old to a private meeting with the Vice President to strike some kind of unspecified corrupt deal has nothing to do with the fact that Devon and Hunter joined the Burisma Board.

I totally get why you want so badly to move on. Your parroted conspiracy theory that the fact that Archer went to the White House with his kids shows that Joe Biden was corrupt from the beginning has fallen to pieces. You just keep parroting the same thing over and over, even after being shown that you are parroting the guy who sold you a fake bill of goods by hiding the evidence that contradicts his conspiracy narrative.
I never ever said that they met to “strike a secret deal” or “ to meet and discuss Burisma,” nor did PS, those ar e your words…he said “ As previously noted in Secret Empires, on April 16, 2014, Devon Archer made a private visit to the White House for a meeting with Joe Biden. The day prior, Burisma had deposited more than $112,000 into a Rosemont bank account marked “C/O Devon Archer.” All that is 100% true.

My wife and I have had private meetings with our pastor, and even with our attorney just last month preparing our living trust…I am not sure what world you live in in regards to what private meetings mean and only limited to two people? The reality is you are married to a ideology which demands you pledge blind allegiance to it’s cause and leaders, I don’t have to do that, thank God, I am a Independent, and have voted both democratic and conservative. I concede as I get older i am certainly more conservative, but if a liberal actually came into the realm of reality I might lean that way.

Talking with you is kinda like a Mormon debating an atheist…there is no standard the atheist has to really adhere too. Look Trump is a idiot, Rudy was a idiot in his later years, and even now, did you see him laying on the bed thinking he was getting laid, it was comical and sad at the same time? Biden is a old corrupt man, did you see the blunders he said yesterday, which the the staff had to walk back? Harris is just a joke. I could do a better job than her as could you, and we are complete idiots… “ a friend in need is a friend in deed”…what a embarrassment, did you see her say that?

If you won’t move on I’ll just let you dig your hole deeper… But anyways let me ask you this..what kind of person is Hunter Biden and Devon Archer in your mind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuDsUV44h10

And to be fair…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MLoNN8fGwk
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Markk wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
What is your evidence that they had a “private meeting” with no one else present? ...
... Where is your evidence they did not...?
I've been reading this exchange between these two and this pretty much sums it up. Markk, that's one of the least thoughtful responses I've ever read in a serious conversation here.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Ok. If you aren’t claiming that the meeting had anything to do with Burisma, I’ll take that as a concession that it isn’t evidence of any corruption by Joe Biden. Cool.

But your statement is still false. Devon Archer and Joe Biden had a private meeting means nobody else was in the room when it happened. At a minimum, your statement would have to be “Hunter Biden, Devon Archer, and Luke Archer… And as there is no evidence that there was a meeting, let alone a private meeting, that part is in no way “true.”

A lie by omission is still a lie. And that’s what your source did.

This has nothing to do with political ideology. That’s pure projection on your part. It has to do with how to do research with the purpose of finding the evidence and drawing reasonable inference from it. If Biden actually acted corruptly, as a Peter defined corruption, then impeach his ass. A guy who actually uses his political position to enrich himself or his kids shouldn’t be president. Same standard I applied to the last President.

But I did stumble upon a reporter who, unlike Peter, actually made an effort to investigate what the “meeting” actually was. I wasn’t right, but I was light years closer than you and Peter.
Hunter, Archer, and Archer’s son Lukas, who is now twelve, told me that the visit was arranged by Hunter for Lukas, who was working on a model of the White House for a grade-school assignment. Afterward, Lukas posted a picture on Instagram of himself shaking the Vice-President’s hand. Hunter and Archer said that Burisma was never discussed.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019 ... s-campaign

Peter looked at the White House log, fabricated a story about what it meant, and withheld relevant evidence that undermined his story. If a story that a political smear artist pulled out of his butt is the hill you want to die on, be my guest. But, according to the actual evidence we have, a truthful description of what happened would be something like:

Hunter Biden arranged to take his friend Devon Archer and Devon’s seven year old son to the White House because Devon was building a model of the White House for a school project. The visit included a photo op with Hunter’s Dad, who was Vice President at the time.

by the way, the article contains facts that explain some of things you find “odd.” You should give it a read.
he/him

Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:28 am
Markk wrote:

... Where is your evidence they did not...?
I've been reading this exchange between these two and this pretty much sums it up. Markk, that's one of the least thoughtful responses I've ever read in a serious conversation here.
LOL…huh…okay please… please …expound how what I wrote is “the least thoughtful response you have read in a serous conversation?” To say such a thing you must know why you said it? And while your at it please expound on what our two positions are?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Markk wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:58 am
Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:28 am

LOL…huh…okay please… please …expound how what I wrote is “the least thoughtful response you have read in a serous conversation?” To say such a thing you must know why you said it? And while your at it please expound on what our two positions are?
You are asking for evidence that something unseen did NOT happen. If you don't understand the thoughtlessness behind that, you're on your own. I'll be making popcorn.