Oh what a tangled web we weave

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: Oh what a tangled web we weave

Post by Markk »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:21 am
Markk wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:58 am

LOL…huh…okay please… please …expound how what I wrote is “the least thoughtful response you have read in a serous conversation?” To say such a thing you must know why you said it? And while your at it please expound on what our two positions are?
You are asking for evidence that something unseen did NOT happen. If you don't understand the thoughtlessness behind that, you're on your own. I'll be making popcorn.
Where did i ask for evidence CFR
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:32 am
Marcus wrote:

You are asking for evidence that something unseen did NOT happen. If you don't understand the thoughtlessness behind that, you're on your own. I'll be making popcorn.
Markk wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:12 pm

LOL…so even though Archers name is on the sign in log, even with his sons, you are saying he did not meet the VP? Where is your evidence they did not meet alone?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:44 am
Markk wrote:

Markk wrote:

LOL…so even though Archers name is on the sign in log, even with his sons, you are saying he did not meet the VP? Where is your evidence they did not meet alone?
:lol:
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Markk wrote:

Markk wrote:

Your are just trolling for your tribe,without reading, just like Atlantic Mike. Go back and read the times wrote things like this…” The fact is that you, or I, or PS…have no idea what was said or exchanged…but it happened.” Which is the context of what I wanted a CFR from.

If you choose you can go back and read through Res’ and mine conversation and join in and for once try to have objective conversation, or you can just troll for negatives, errors, mistakes about what I write and ignore them when Res does the same…either way is fine. You are also welcome to nanny and demand things like the Red Queen. (This is more for Marcus in that I promised him I would show him how this forum works for those not in the dominate tribe)

Anyways you choose are fine…
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Markk wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:29 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

Your are just trolling for your tribe,without reading, just like Atlantic Mike. Go back and read the times I wrote things like this…” The fact is that you, or I, or PS…have no idea what was said or exchanged…but it happened.” Which is the context of what I wanted a CFR for.

If you choose you can go back and read through Res’ and mine conversation and join in and for once try to have objective conversation, or you can just troll for negatives, errors, mistakes about what I write and ignore them when Res does the same…either way is fine. You are also welcome to nanny and demand things like the Red Queen. (This is more for Marcus in that I promised him I would show him how this forum works for those not in the dominate tribe)

Anyways you choose are fine…
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Markk wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:34 pm
This is more for Marcus in that I promised him I would show him how this forum works for those not in the dominate tribe….
:roll: you are showing all about yourself, nothing else.
Markk wrote:
…Go back and read the times wrote things like this…” The fact is that you, or I, or PS…have no idea what was said or exchanged…but it happened.” Which is the context of what I wanted a CFR from…
Exactly my point. You don’t know what happened and even admit you don’t!
Marcus wrote:
You are asking for evidence that something unseen did NOT happen.
Your insistence that “it happened” when even you admit you have no evidence showing it, followed by a demand that others must disprove what you believe—simply because you believe it, with no evidence beyond coincidence, is illogical.

Coincidence can always be found after the fact, especially when you are driven by an insupportable belief. That’s not good thinking and it shows in your posts, regardless of what “tribe” you think you’re in or not in.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:30 am
Ok. If you aren’t claiming that the meeting had anything to do with Burisma, I’ll take that as a concession that it isn’t evidence of any corruption by Joe Biden. Cool.

But your statement is still false. Devon Archer and Joe Biden had a private meeting means nobody else was in the room when it happened. At a minimum, your statement would have to be “Hunter Biden, Devon Archer, and Luke Archer… And as there is no evidence that there was a meeting, let alone a private meeting, that part is in no way “true.”

A lie by omission is still a lie. And that’s what your source did.

This has nothing to do with political ideology. That’s pure projection on your part. It has to do with how to do research with the purpose of finding the evidence and drawing reasonable inference from it. If Biden actually acted corruptly, as a Peter defined corruption, then impeach his ass. A guy who actually uses his political position to enrich himself or his kids shouldn’t be president. Same standard I applied to the last President.

But I did stumble upon a reporter who, unlike Peter, actually made an effort to investigate what the “meeting” actually was. I wasn’t right, but I was light years closer than you and Peter.
Hunter, Archer, and Archer’s son Lukas, who is now twelve, told me that the visit was arranged by Hunter for Lukas, who was working on a model of the White House for a grade-school assignment. Afterward, Lukas posted a picture on Instagram of himself shaking the Vice-President’s hand. Hunter and Archer said that Burisma was never discussed.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019 ... s-campaign

Peter looked at the White House log, fabricated a story about what it meant, and withheld relevant evidence that undermined his story. If a story that a political smear artist pulled out of his butt is the hill you want to die on, be my guest. But, according to the actual evidence we have, a truthful description of what happened would be something like:

Hunter Biden arranged to take his friend Devon Archer and Devon’s seven year old son to the White House because Devon was building a model of the White House for a school project. The visit included a photo op with Hunter’s Dad, who was Vice President at the time.

by the way, the article contains facts that explain some of things you find “odd.” You should give it a read.

??? I responded to this last night but it did not keep?

Anyways
Ok. If you aren’t claiming that the meeting had anything to do with Burisma, I’ll take that as a concession that it isn’t evidence of any corruption by Joe Biden. Cool.
What I am claiming is that they met, and there was a lot of other things that happened in regards to the Ukraine, Joe Biden, Burisma, and Archer, Hunter, and others. Including things like Joe establishing a sop/protocol for major funds to be distributed to the Ukraine for Natural Gas assistance, with Burisma being a leader in that industry. And Hunter and Archer being paid monies before Joe went on the trip, and then their being hired by Burisma directly after the trip. Then landing jobs with Burisma

I don’t know if Burisma was discussed or not at the meeting, I have told you that many times, and you don’t know that it wasn’t discussed…fair? But we know they met a a very critical time in all this.

Also, with all that happened in that short month, I am not naïve enough to believe Joe did not talk to his son about this. If I were Joe I would have said Son, their is no way you are taking that job, it is a conflict of I trust and is begging for trouble. And as you wrote Hunter and Archer are best friends, and I am equally naïve enough to believe he was not in the loop between Joe and Hunter.

Do you believe Joe was the naïve one and did not know anything about what Hunter and Archer were up to?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:02 pm
Markk wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:34 pm
This is more for Marcus in that I promised him I would show him how this forum works for those not in the dominate tribe….
:roll: you are showing all about yourself, nothing else.
Markk wrote:
…Go back and read the times wrote things like this…” The fact is that you, or I, or PS…have no idea what was said or exchanged…but it happened.” Which is the context of what I wanted a CFR from…
Exactly my point. You don’t know what happened and even admit you don’t!
Marcus wrote:
You are asking for evidence that something unseen did NOT happen.
Your insistence that “it happened” when even you admit you have no evidence showing it, followed by a demand that others must disprove what you believe—simply because you believe it, with no evidence beyond coincidence, is illogical.

Coincidence can always be found after the fact, especially when you are driven by an insupportable belief. That’s not good thinking and it shows in your posts, regardless of what “tribe” you think you’re in or not in.
What do you mean I don’t know what happened? I know exactly what happened in that facts that are available…and what happened is they met and much more beyond that which I have spelled out some of that and want to get into more of it. What i don’t know is what was said at the meeting in question, and either does Res.

What do you think about the bigger picture here, can you elaborate a little on this. Do you believe that the standing Vice President of the United States, who was about to go to the Ukraine in order to figure out how US monies ( millions ) will be distributed to the Ukrainian Natural Gas industry, and at the same time the VP’s son and best friend receive deal that would pay them millions from one of th e leading benefactors of the many millions we would give to that industry?

The meeting happened, Res admits it…Archer along with his son signed in…you need to focus and read the thread.

But anyways, What do you think…do you just think Joe read it in the papers after this happened like the rest of us, or do you think he was informed ahead of time on this and talked to his son and Archer about this…?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Markk wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:22 pm

What do you mean I don’t know what happened? I know exactly what happened in that facts that are available…and what happened is they met and much more beyond that which I have spelled out some of that and want to get into more of it. What i don’t know is what was said at the meeting in question, and either does Res….

The meeting happened, Res admits it…Archer along with his son signed in…you need to focus and read the thread….
I have been, and you even quoted Res Ipsa, but apparently not while understanding him…
Markk wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:06 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:30 am

But your statement is still false. Devon Archer and Joe Biden had a private meeting means nobody else was in the room when it happened. At a minimum, your statement would have to be “Hunter Biden, Devon Archer, and Luke Archer… And as there is no evidence that there was a meeting, let alone a private meeting, that part is in no way “true.”

A lie by omission is still a lie. And that’s what your source did….

…But I did stumble upon a reporter who, unlike Peter, actually made an effort to investigate what the “meeting” actually was. I wasn’t right, but I was light years closer than you and Peter.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019 ... s-campaign

Peter looked at the White House log, fabricated a story about what it meant, and withheld relevant evidence that undermined his story. If a story that a political smear artist pulled out of his butt is the hill you want to die on, be my guest. But, according to the actual evidence we have, a truthful description of what happened would be something like:

Hunter Biden arranged to take his friend Devon Archer and Devon’s seven year old son to the White House because Devon was building a model of the White House for a school project. The visit included a photo op with Hunter’s Dad, who was Vice President at the time.
I highlighted a couple key parts for you. Stop being facetious and arguing RI agrees with you, because he does not.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:39 pm
Markk wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:22 pm

What do you mean I don’t know what happened? I know exactly what happened in that facts that are available…and what happened is they met and much more beyond that which I have spelled out some of that and want to get into more of it. What i don’t know is what was said at the meeting in question, and either does Res….

The meeting happened, Res admits it…Archer along with his son signed in…you need to focus and read the thread….
I have been, and you even quoted Res Ipsa, but apparently not while understanding him…
Markk wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:06 pm
I highlighted a couple key parts for you. Stop being facetious and arguing RI agrees with you, because he does not.
LOL..Marcus, Archer was signed into the White House as to met with Joe Biden, they met, and Res agreed to this, he just not believe they discuss burisma…which may or may not be true…neither one of us know for sure, we do know the other things that happened around this meeting which hopefully we can get to, but I am losing confidence it will happen anytime soon.

Now focus if you don’t want to read the thread in any real context, Res believe that this might have been discussed at the meeting …. “ Hunter, Archer, and Archer’s son Lukas, who is now twelve, told me that the visit was arranged by Hunter for Lukas, who was working on a model of the White House for a grade-school assignment. Afterward, Lukas posted a picture on Instagram of himself shaking the Vice-President’s hand. Hunter and Archer said that Burisma was never discussed.”

I asked you this which you did not respond to,

What do you think about the bigger picture here, can you elaborate a little on this. Do you believe that the standing Vice President of the United States, who was about to go to the Ukraine in order to figure out how US monies ( millions ) will be distributed to the Ukrainian Natural Gas industry, and at the same time the VP’s son and best friend receive deals that would pay them millions from one of the leading benefactors of the many millions we would give to that industry? “
Please opine to this…thanks