Aging, death, and the gospel

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
msnobody
First Presidency

Re: Aging, death, and the gospel

Post by msnobody »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:12 pm
I would assert that the gospel, or good news, is not a plan of happiness, but a plan of holiness. I’ve always heard that God isn’t concerned about our happiness, but instead his desire is to make us holy.
I couldn't think of anything that would bring more happiness to me than to be truly made whole through Jesus Christ.
Do you want to be made whole through Jesus Christ? To know your sins are forgiven; past, present, and future, never having again to wonder if you are fully forgiven? To know Jesus is able to keep you from stumbling and is he is able to present you blameless before our Heavenly Father? To know you are perfected forever (Heb. 10:14, Heb. 10:10)?
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Do you want to be made whole through Jesus Christ? To know your sins are forgiven; past, present, and future, never having again to wonder if you are fully forgiven? To know Jesus is able to keep you from stumbling and is he is able to present you blameless before our Heavenly Father? To know you are perfected forever (Heb. 10:14, Heb. 10:10)?
Yes of course. It's all I ever wanted. I'm not exactly sure how the future sins part works since I believe I have free will. But in my mind holiness and being made whole are versions of the same idea and come from the same Germanic root word. But yes, it's a very simple belief and faith that I believe you share and I certainly believe it's possible for that simple faith to take you to the highest level of holiness.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:30 am
Yes of course. It's all I ever wanted. I'm not exactly sure how the future sins part works since I believe I have free will. But in my mind holiness and being made whole are versions of the same idea and come from the same Germanic root word. But yes, it's a very simple belief and faith that I believe you share and I certainly believe it's possible for that simple faith to take you to the highest level of holiness.
You should present your request to the Lord.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7