NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:35 pm
Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:57 pm

LOL…No, I am running with Hunter Biden is part of all this, which lends to the pattern of a father and son connection.
Yes, they’re ‘connected’ as father and son. : )

I am not judging the administrations prowess, you are doing a fine job of that. Remember you showed the record with dates, that conflict with the actual e-mail date (if real and correct)
… which busts your case, as the dates clearly show that there was no influence from this correspondence in nominating Becker, as the email dates are well after Becker had been nominated by the White House (includes VP) and was already being vetted by the Senate.

Again…why was Hunter cc’d? Your argument is…that it was just happenstance that she cc’d Hunter Biden?
She’s already conversing with the VP, and the VP had already engaged in the nomination process. Are you suggesting that Ryan needed to remind the son to talk to his father in the same email (which can’t even be proven to have ever been written) going directly to the father in the first place, about the nomination that the father had already made?

Work that one out. I guess that you’re trying to tell me that Ryan did something wrong … what would that be?

Yes, they’re ‘connected’ as father and son. : )
But in your opinion, in all the years Hunter was lobbying, working with and for a Russian backed oligrach, making deals with folks connected to the Chinese Governments…this was never discussed? Why? Because Joe did not give a rip about his son’s life? Or Joe knew he was dirty, and just ignored that yet still worked with his business. Or was Joe just stupid and ignorant of all this…? is there another reason?
which busts your case, as the dates clearly show that there was no influence from this correspondence in nominating Becker, as the email dates are well after Becker had been nominated by the White House (includes VP) and was already being vetted by the Senate.
Focus…My “case” if anything is that there is enough CE for an investigation…I have maintained that from day one. Second, my point was and is why was Hunter cc’d on the e-mail? Third, We don’t know if this particular story is real…which I stated. Fourth, and this lends to my first point…my “case” has scores of CE that supports an investigation in my opinion.

She’s already conversing with the VP, and the VP had already engaged in the nomination process. Are you suggesting that Ryan needed to remind the son to talk to his father in the same email (which can’t even be proven to have ever been written) going directly to the father in the first place, about the nomination that the father had already made?

Work that one out. I guess that you’re trying to tell me that Ryan did something wrong … what would that be?
No I am asking why Hunter was cc’d on the e-mail…? It is between a Union rep, and the VP assistant…not a owner of a Global Investment company, and a lobbyist…unless Hunter was actually lobbying for the union to the VP’s office.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:54 pm
Thing is, it wouldn't matter if Chris Sloan made the recommendation first. He represents a labor union, one of the major constituencies of the Democratic party, supporting a recommendation for the National Labor Relations Board. That's not an example of corruption in and of itself. Now were Joe Biden to be seeking a kickback for pushing their guy through, yeah, that's an issue. But even if Hunter Biden were still engaged in lobbying activity at the time or even just suggested Sloan talk to Ryan over drinks? Not criminal behavior. Yeah, it would be an example of Hunter making money due to being related to Joe Biden if he were being paid by the Union as a lobbyist but that alone isn't criminal. The case isn't made by simply saying, or even proving, "See! People in positions talked to each other and did things they agreed to do!"
That is a good response…and more CE in Hunters connections with his father. If this was the only thing, probably not such a big deal…but it is at every corner.

If Hunter was taking money from the Union, and Joe made a key recommendation to Obama to secure the nominee…based on Hunters request that would be bad. It is obvious that Hunter is involved some way in this, or he would not have been cc’d?

But anyways you understand what I am saying here, at least to a degree.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

It's a revelation to me how this whateveritis is almost certainly rooted in the failure to recognize the reality of how the privileged and those with station do business when one has assumed the narrative that success is earned, wealth is the fruit of smarts and elbow grease, that gave rise to the concept of "job creators" as a class. Like you said, it's impossible to make sense of what you observe without assuming all kinds of corruption and wrong-doing if one sees that being connected, trading on ones name, failing yet still ascending, are tied to a person who by all other accounts should be sleeping in a ditch if the GOP narrative were valid. Of course, as you noted, you need to be able to detach the target from their status as one of the job creator class to even entertain a person of wealth isn't standing on a pillar they hewed from hard work and sharp wits.

Anyway, you still don't understand how evidence works. The way you use the term circumstantial evidence has seriously left me reconsidering your sincerity as it seems impossible even you would be so...ridiculous? I don't know.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:48 am
If Hunter was taking money from the Union, and Joe made a key recommendation to Obama to secure the nominee…based on Hunters request that would be bad. It is obvious that Hunter is involved some way in this, or he would not have been cc’d?
So many, "Ifs",...

Hunter being cc'd isn't evidence of anything in particular here, Markk. The NYP article made it into something by tying a visit between Schwerin and Ryan in 2009 with an email from 2010 between Ryan and Sloan with Hunter copied where nothing about the email is actually problematic. You don't seem to understand what it would take for the situation to be one where any party involved could be rightly accused of wrongdoing. It is all innuendo. You are being told a new story to bolster your faith in Lamanites.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:24 am
I could have said the same thing when Trump was being impeached and the focus was on him and his family.
I pointed this out to you two years ago and you didn't understand it then so I doubt that's changed. But the different here is that Trump was seeking to profit personally off of actions he was taking in the name of the US government. He wasn't seeking to help the Ukraine fight corruption, he was seeking to get dirt on who he saw (rightly it turned out) as his biggest challenger in maintaining power. His kids and the institutions around him used the office of the President to make money. Trading on the Trump name was already the business model for decades before he took office. Profiting off the Office of the President is where the blatant corruption lies.

I do agree that Hunter Biden's relationship to Burisma was more than just problematic. Even though I don't think Joe was seeking to do Hunter favors, and it's incredibly improbable he was actually profiting off of his efforts in the Ukraine, its indisputable that Hunter being on the board of Bursima Holdings undermined efforts to fight corruption there. And Joe shouldn't have been passive about that even if it was his son, Beau had recently passed away, and I think Joe was not willing to admit he had a hard job he left undone when he didn't step in there. But anyway, there were two investigations of that already, both coming away with conclusions Joe did not profit off of his office as VP. One of those was conducted by the Senate, led by Republicans. The other, the office of the Prosecutor General in Ukraine. But hey, it's an election year so here we go again...
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:21 am
It's a revelation to me how this whateveritis is almost certainly rooted in the failure to recognize the reality of how the privileged and those with station do business when one has assumed the narrative that success is earned, wealth is the fruit of smarts and elbow grease, that gave rise to the concept of "job creators" as a class. Like you said, it's impossible to make sense of what you observe without assuming all kinds of corruption and wrong-doing if one sees that being connected, trading on ones name, failing yet still ascending, are tied to a person who by all other accounts should be sleeping in a ditch if the GOP narrative were valid. Of course, as you noted, you need to be able to detach the target from their status as one of the job creator class to even entertain a person of wealth isn't standing on a pillar they hewed from hard work and sharp wits.

Anyway, you still don't understand how evidence works. The way you use the term circumstantial evidence has seriously left me reconsidering your sincerity as it seems impossible even you would be so...ridiculous? I don't know.
You know what? Even the Big Lie seems to be an extension of this. How else could Joe Biden have beat Donald J. Trump in an election except through cheating, right?

If one's worldview does not provide the narrative means to comprehend reality, one is going to interpret reality using the narrative ones worldview has given them...
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:

Common Honor…You are just making excuses in an attempt to justify JB as some how above the mess around him and the CE’s that point his direction over and over again. We haven't even got into Hunter and China, or his brother James…and other things that point too Him. Biden either has to be aware of all this or he is incredibly stupid. He has been accused of both.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:11 am
honorentheos wrote:

Common Honor…You are just making excuses in an attempt to justify JB as some how above the mess around him and the CE’s that point his direction over and over again. We haven't even got into Hunter and China, or his brother James…and other things that point too Him. Biden either has to be aware of all this or he is incredibly stupid. He has been accused of both.
May I use this? I have plans now.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:40 am
But in your opinion, in all the years Hunter was lobbying, working with and for a Russian backed oligrach, making deals with folks connected to the Chinese Governments…this was never discussed? Why? Because Joe did not give a rip about his son’s life? Or Joe knew he was dirty, and just ignored that yet still worked with his business. Or was Joe just stupid and ignorant of all this…? is there another reason?
Focus…Second, my point was and is why was Hunter cc’d on the e-mail?
With all the CE out there, is there a possibility that Joe was aware and discussed his business with his father. I mean they amend a lot of time together, they flew half way around the world together…and in all this time they never discussed this?
This is the Markk-variation on the Betteridge law of headlines…
Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states:

"Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

It is named after Ian Betteridge, a British technology journalist who wrote about it in 2009, although the principle is much older.[1][2] It is based on the assumption that if the publishers were confident that the answer was yes, they would have presented it as an assertion; by presenting it as a question, they are not accountable for whether it is correct or not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridg ... _headlines
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:11 am
honorentheos wrote:

You know what? Even the Big Lie seems to be an extension of this. How else could Joe Biden have beat Donald J. Trump in an election except through cheating, right?

If one's worldview does not provide the narrative means to comprehend reality, one is going to interpret reality using the narrative ones worldview has given them...
Donald Trump with the help of covid beat himself…there is no doubt about that. If he would have learned to keep his mouth shut, and there was no covid, the economy would have got him elected even with the Russian hoax and the no Trumpers. The dem’s have no real powerhouse leaders (nor the GOP) and if a reality TV host can beat Hillary, and then lose by only a few states while dealing with a world wide pandemic…it does not say much about your party (if you are a democrat), or the GOP.

But that said Trump did some good things, that I doubt you will admit.