NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Markk »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:41 pm
Res…

Read the post from Doc that I pasted, and now that we know it is real, LOL…especially this 2nd sentence…

Hunter, while living in California, decides to fly 3,000 miles to Delaware. All to drop off a laptop for repair, coincidentally at a huge MAGA fan shop. 😉 he decided to never pick up his own laptop. 😉
Not the sharpest tack on the board. (Hunter Biden not Doc)

by the way, what happen to Doc?

Also what about all those that defend Burisma and Hunter Biden for being hired because he was intelligent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=John Dehlin-ZPO89ulw
LOL…wow. I pasted a link of Hunter Biden Smoking Crack,and some how it got change with a John Dehlin video that is no longer available

lets see if that happens again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=John Dehlin-ZPO89ulw What the heck is gong on?

One more time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=John Dehlin-ZPO89ulw
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

LOL what the heck

Search “Hunter Biden Smoking Crack Cocaine” on you tube.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:58 am
Typically I would not paste something like this because it more than often come from a right wing source, which means the story would be shewed away, and the source attacked and not the subject. But see this is NBC I think maybe the story can be addressed for what it is now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vi ... 6709701909

I am just in the beginning of discussing Hunter with Res, but hopefully we can get to Hunter and China sooner than later.

Anyways it is clear Hunter had ties to China that Joe denied he had. And if NBC is now admitting this, what the right wing has been saying all along???There seems to be more to come.
The video has a begining and end about the source claims regarding the investigation. Those being:

1) The federal investigation into Hunter Biden regarding potential failure to pay some or all of the taxes due from payments received from foreign companies is expanding.

2) This expansion is reported to be investigating if he violated lobbying and reporting laws.

The 1:50 minutes is largely conjecture or tangential to those points, and it misrepresents the history of the laptop and the review of the emails.

If the interest is in discussing the topic of the video, that wouldn't be the laptop. Given the almost complete requirement to engage in conjecture about what may or may not be of concern to the investigation, what's to discuss that the video facilitated that hasn't been discussed already, extensively, and in numerous threads going back to the first Trump impeachment? What new information came to light?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:25 pm
Markk wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:58 am
Typically I would not paste something like this because it more than often come from a right wing source, which means the story would be shewed away, and the source attacked and not the subject. But see this is NBC I think maybe the story can be addressed for what it is now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vi ... 6709701909
Or
I am just in the beginning of discussing Hunter with Res, but hopefully we can get to Hunter and China sooner than later.

Anyways it is clear Hunter had ties to China that Joe denied he had. And if NBC is now admitting this, what the right wing has been saying all along???There seems to be more to come.
The video has a begining and end about the source claims regarding the investigation. Those being:

1) The federal investigation into Hunter Biden regarding potential failure to pay some or all of the taxes due from payments received from foreign companies is expanding.

2) This expansion is reported to be investigating if he violated lobbying and reporting laws.

The 1:50 minutes is largely conjecture or tangential to those points, and it misrepresents the history of the laptop and the review of the emails.

If the interest is in discussing the topic of the video, that wouldn't be the laptop. Given the almost complete requirement to engage in conjecture about what may or may not be of concern to the investigation, what's to discuss that the video facilitated that hasn't been discussed already, extensively, and in numerous threads going back to the first Trump impeachment? What new information came to light?
My point in the OP is that at the time this came to light before the election it was spun as Russian disinformation, and that was a false narrative and misinformation in it’s self.

These video clips show what the context of this thread is about Honor. Social media disallowed one presidential candidate (A) free speech, while letting their candidate of choice (B) speak freely. As it now turns out (A) was telling the truth, while (B) was not. Left wing media blindly and incorrectly championed a lie.

If you can, look at this as candidate (A) and candidate (B) and not Trump and Biden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5DUwolazyA
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:59 am
My point in the OP is that at the time this came to light before the election it was spun as Russian disinformation, and that was a false narrative and misinformation in it’s self.

These video clips show what the context of this thread is about Honor. Social media disallowed one presidential candidate (A) free speech, while letting their candidate of choice (B) speak freely. As it now turns out (A) was telling the truth, while (B) was not. Left wing media blindly and incorrectly championed a lie.

If you can, look at this as candidate (A) and candidate (B) and not Trump and Biden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5DUwolazyA
You have it wrong, Markk. It was first looked into by most major news organizations. The concerns about it being disinformation arose when Rudy Giuliani and others refused to provide anything more than prints of the emails even though they claimed to have copies of the drive from the laptop with the electronic copies available. The reporting at the time was assessing if the claims were worthy or an attempt by the Trump campaign to repeat the October surprise of email scandal from 2016.

I'll repeat what I said I'm the other thread:
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:05 am
Western media has given Biden a pass,and that’s why folks are perplexed at the Times coming clean with the laptop being a reality after so much when Denile when the story first broke. Honor, A sitting VP’s son worked for a corrupt Russian backed gangster and made millions for basically nothing for his name and connections. Not to mention the quid quo pro. That is an issue, and it will surface sooner or later..if the media turns on Joe, it won’t take much in that the table is set.
Who is perplexed about the reporting on the lap top? Apparently there is crazy being passed around on conservative news channels or something because in real world the issue with the laptop was always about the credibility of the information it supposedly contained. So tell me, Markk: Why did Fox News and the Wall Street Journal determine there was no "there" there when they were the only outlets given access to the actual emails besides hard copy prints? Do you understand enough about how technology works to get why a refusal to share electronics copies of emails that could be used to verify their authenticity and source would be considered a problem? And why in October 2020 the Trump campaign wanted the news to be taken over by claims of a Biden scandal they alleged but wouldn't back up with the kinds of evidence they claimed to have but wouldn't share?
I agree, the video clips show what the intent of the OP is, but that's because the OP is a reflection of a 1:50 conspiracy sandwich with the potential of Hunter Biden scandal between a source saying the investigating into Hunter's taxes expanded into questioning if there were issues around
lobbying. You could ask yourself what we might gleen from a concern about Hunter potentially not filing as a lobbyist but I am afraid it won't make you happy.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... d-n1245533

Here is a news report from the period in question explaining that the concern over the laptop being potential Russian disinformation was tied to how it was being presented. It wasn't the media conspiring to ignore a story about Biden to help him beat Trump because they didn't like Trump. It was due to the story being innuendo at a time that was remarkably convenient for the same people holding the evidence.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Honor wrote…You have it wrong, Markk. It was first looked into by most major news organizations. The concerns about it being disinformation arose when Rudy Giuliani and others refused to provide anything more than prints of the emails even though they claimed to have copies of the drive from the laptop with the electronic copies available. The reporting at the time was assessing if the claims were worthy or an attempt by the Trump campaign to repeat the October surprise of email scandal from 2016.
The way I understand it the FBI had the lap top and the hard drive in Dec 2019, almost a year before the election? Again,the FBI had this a year before the election. This is not Rudys fault, or the Washington Posts. Remember when Trump was saying the FBI was dirty?

I’ll let you decide what this means Honor.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:04 am

The way I understand it the FBI had the lap top and the hard drive in Dec 2019, almost a year before the election?
Oh? Source?

ETA: Sources do say the FBI has acknowledged receiving or taking the laptop in December 2019. The Department of Justice confirmed the laptop was possessed by the FBI in October 2020 to counter questions about the laptop being real after the NY Post first began reporting on the emails.

So what we have is DOJ and the FBI possessed the laptop while copies of the hard drive were given to Giuliani's attorney who gave copies to the Post as well as the Wall Street Journal. Bill Barr was hardly a candidate for a fifth column who would hide decisive information that would show Joe Biden was compromised.

It doesn't change the discussion. You have conservative news outlets not seeing stories in the actual content of the emails and how they are being shared that could be pushed effectively to attack Joe Biden. And most news outlets being denied access to the original electronic material.

Imagining Hunter Biden did terrible things that involved his dad is certainly something one can do without constraint. But one needs to be able to exchange evidence as well as engage the discussion as it evolves. If the discussion is trapped in the same loop as being discuss d pre-quarantine, what is the point?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:08 am
Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:04 am

The way I understand it the FBI had the lap top and the hard drive in Dec 2019, almost a year before the election?
Oh? Source?

ETA: Sources do say the FBI has acknowledged receiving or taking the laptop in December 2019. The Department of Justice confirmed the laptop was possessed by the FBI in October 2020 to counter questions about the laptop being real after the NY Post first began reporting on the emails.

So what we have is DOJ and the FBI possessed the laptop while copies of the hard drive were given to Giuliani's attorney who gave copies to the Post as well as the Wall Street Journal.

It doesn't change the discussion. You have conservative news outlets not seeing stories in the actual content of the emails and how they are being shared that could be pushed effectively to attack Joe Biden. And most news outlets being denied access to the original electronic material.

Imagining Hunter Biden did terrible things that involved his dad is certainly something one can do without constraint. But one needs to be able to exchange evidence as well as engage the discussion as it evolves. If the discussion is trapped in the same loop as being discuss d pre-quarantine, what is the point?
This in not the one I read and remember, but is reads pretty much the same…I’ll see if I can find the other one.

The Post published a grand jury subpoena for the laptop and hard drive. The subpoena had been issued by a federal prosecutor who already had the serial numbers of the devices when they were ordered to be handed over in early December 2019, indicating federal law enforcement was aware of the specific devices they want to examine.“
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... n-n1243620