NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Post Reply
Markk
Charlatan
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:49 am

NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Markk »

Typically I would not paste something like this because it more than often come from a right wing source, which means the story would be shewed away, and the source attacked and not the subject. But see this is NBC I think maybe the story can be addressed for what it is now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vi ... 6709701909

I am just in the beginning of discussing Hunter with Res, but hopefully we can get to Hunter and China sooner than later.

Anyways it is clear Hunter had ties to China that Joe denied he had. And if NBC is now admitting this, what the right wing has been saying all along???There seems to be more to come.
Markk
Charlatan
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:49 am

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Markk »

Just in case you were wondering, the republican senator in the video, is not Gordon B. Hinkley.
K Graham
God
Posts: 1676
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 am

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by K Graham »

Awesome. Another innuendo driven nuthin burger for Res Ipsa to dismantle.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Markk
Charlatan
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:49 am

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Markk »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:16 am
Awesome. Another innuendo driven nuthin burger for Res Ipsa to dismantle.
Kevin you are more than welcome to opine…your opinions are welcomed.

Let me offer up this…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orrdt8qUH3Q

Is the lap top a smear? or is it real?
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 5846
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Location: Playing Rabbits

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:16 am
Awesome. Another innuendo driven nuthin burger for Res Ipsa to dismantle.
I wouldn’t say that. Like I’ve told Markk, it would be crazy for me to claim that I could prove that any given person never did anything corrupt. I don’t have videos on Hunter Biden or Joe Biden 24/7.

Grand jury leaks aren’t always a good source. But if there’s something there, we’ll see an indictment and what’s alleged in it. I’m not cocky enough to think I can debunk something I haven’t seen yet.
he/him
"Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see."
– Rene Magritte
Markk
Charlatan
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:49 am

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:47 am
K Graham wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:16 am
Awesome. Another innuendo driven nuthin burger for Res Ipsa to dismantle.
I wouldn’t say that. Like I’ve told Markk, it would be crazy for me to claim that I could prove that any given person never did anything corrupt. I don’t have videos on Hunter Biden or Joe Biden 24/7.

Grand jury leaks aren’t always a good source. But if there’s something there, we’ll see an indictment and what’s alleged in it. I’m not cocky enough to think I can debunk something I haven’t seen yet.
LOL…This is a discussion board, nothing we say here means nothing more than what we say. We can form opinions in that what we are projecting. We can help others see things differently.

I am not trying to debunk anything either, I am trying to show there is more than enough evidence for a real investigation into several things.

Here on this thread, JB backed by mainstream media pooh poohed the laptop as Russian disinformation, and Res, we have countless videos stating this is fact…Joe did so on the debate stage. As it turns out, we have video stating that the laptop was indeed true, and not Russian disinformation.

Putin, Xi, and other unfriendly world leaders are laughing their rears off in that the US media, and folks like Kevin, made up, or bought into a hoax that put a weak declining man, and a inept VP, into the White House.

We were deservedly fools on this and now we need own it and admit it and fix it.

So given this video evidence what should be done? Money from Russia? Is it possible JB is the big guy? And what should happen about the government agency who had the lap top and knew it was real, not stating it was not Russian disinformation. This fact no doubt changed the election results, and whether people like Kevin will ever admit it or not, Trump was right all along on this…
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 5846
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Location: Playing Rabbits

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:40 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:47 am


I wouldn’t say that. Like I’ve told Markk, it would be crazy for me to claim that I could prove that any given person never did anything corrupt. I don’t have videos on Hunter Biden or Joe Biden 24/7.

Grand jury leaks aren’t always a good source. But if there’s something there, we’ll see an indictment and what’s alleged in it. I’m not cocky enough to think I can debunk something I haven’t seen yet.
LOL…This is a discussion board, nothing we say here means nothing more than what we say. We can form opinions in that what we are projecting. We can help others see things differently.

I am not trying to debunk anything either, I am trying to show there is more than enough evidence for a real investigation into several things.

Here on this thread, JB backed by mainstream media pooh poohed the laptop as Russian disinformation, and Res, we have countless videos stating this is fact…Joe did so on the debate stage. As it turns out, we have video stating that the laptop was indeed true, and not Russian disinformation.

Putin, Xi, and other unfriendly world leaders are laughing their rears off in that the US media, and folks like Kevin, made up, or bought into a hoax that put a weak declining man, and a inept VP, into the White House.

We were deservedly fools on this and now we need own it and admit it and fix it.

So given this video evidence what should be done? Money from Russia? Is it possible JB is the big guy? And what should happen about the government agency who had the lap top and knew it was real, not stating it was not Russian disinformation. This fact no doubt changed the election results, and whether people like Kevin will ever admit it or not, Trump was right all along on this…
But there is a real investigation. It’s happening right now. But remember who is curating which e-mails we see and which we don’t. The DA has a copy, but if he’s doing his job, his office isn’t leaking them. Who else has copies? Rudy Giuliani and Senate Republicans. We’re seeing only the cherry picked e-mails they want us to see. We’d be folks to think that we’re getting anything like the whole story. And I’d say exactly the same thing if the political parties were reversed. When political partisans control the evidence, we should all be checking our wallets frequently. (As an aside, did you notice how heavily redacted the document shown in the clip was — what’s up with that?

The more I read about Devon and Hunter, the more they remind me of people I’ve met in my career. They’re smart — too smart for their own good. It’s Dunning Kruger. They see these huge markets opening up and they know there’sa ton of money to be made. They aren’t the only ones by any stretch of the imagination. But it doesn’t look like they really know what they are doing. Coincidentally, I just finished a project that consisted of figuring out the ownership structure of companies that sell building materials. One of them was a roll up, which got gobbled up in some big acquisitions. It involved an amazing number of holding companies. The deals were complicated. And I don’t think Hunter and Devon had the chops to do what they were trying to do.

Just one example: that Rosemont Seneca Bohai account. It almost looks they were using it as a general account for revenues from several projects. It’s Devon’s company, but it was used both for them Galinis roll up, the money from Burisma, and it looks like other projects. If that’s the, it’s dumber than dumb. The main reason why you use LLCs is to shield yourself from personal liability if things go wrong. But throwing money together from unrelated projects into one account is a good way to lose that protection. Each project should have its own LLC. Serving on the Burisma board should have had its own LLC that is not the same as one for other consulting services or projects. Hunter’s salary should be paid to an LLC wholly owned by Devon.

Chris Heinz was smart to cut those two loose.
he/him
"Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see."
– Rene Magritte
Marcus
God
Posts: 1739
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:39 pm
…Just one example: that Rosemont Seneca Bohai account. It almost looks they were using it as a general account for revenues from several projects. It’s Devon’s company, but it was used both for them Galinis roll up, the money from Burisma, and it looks like other projects. If that’s the, it’s dumber than dumb. The main reason why you use LLCs is to shield yourself from personal liability if things go wrong. But throwing money together from unrelated projects into one account is a good way to lose that protection. Each project should have its own LLC. Serving on the Burisma board should have had its own LLC that is not the same as one for other consulting services or projects….
interesting point. Recently, there was some objection to Dehlin having an LLC related to Thrive, as well as the non-profit overseeing it, but this explains why he would. Even DCP has a separate LLC for his movie donations and expenses, which this also explains. Thanks for sharing your expertise in this area, RI. it’s very helpful!
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 5846
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Location: Playing Rabbits

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:46 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:39 pm
…Just one example: that Rosemont Seneca Bohai account. It almost looks they were using it as a general account for revenues from several projects. It’s Devon’s company, but it was used both for them Galinis roll up, the money from Burisma, and it looks like other projects. If that’s the, it’s dumber than dumb. The main reason why you use LLCs is to shield yourself from personal liability if things go wrong. But throwing money together from unrelated projects into one account is a good way to lose that protection. Each project should have its own LLC. Serving on the Burisma board should have had its own LLC that is not the same as one for other consulting services or projects….
interesting point. Recently, there was some objection to Dehlin having an LLC related to Thrive, as well as the non-profit overseeing it, but this explains why he would. Even DCP has a separate LLC for his movie donations and expenses, which this also explains. Thanks for sharing your expertise in this area, RI. it’s very helpful!
You’re welcome. How these private equity funds structure their ownership is amazing. One of the holding companies I looked at bought up local lumber yards with solid track records and customers. It didn’t try to standardize operations. The local folks still ran the businesses. The holding company just owned them. It was owned by a holding company that owned by another holding company, owned by two individuals and another holding company owned by the top level private equity company.

That entire branch of local companies was sold to another holding company created and owned by two different private equity companies. That holding company with close to a hundred local businesses, was sold to another holding company owned by the original private equity firm that started the while thing in the first place.

One of the companies was a local siding installer. You’d never know that it went through all these changes in ownership because it still did business as it always has. Except that the profits don’t go to a couple of local guys, as the did for years. They’re now hovered up by a Wall Street private equity fund.
Welcome to America.
he/him
"Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see."
– Rene Magritte
K Graham
God
Posts: 1676
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 am

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:43 am
K Graham wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:16 am
Awesome. Another innuendo driven nuthin burger for Res Ipsa to dismantle.
Kevin you are more than welcome to opine…your opinions are welcomed.

Let me offer up this…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orrdt8qUH3Q

Is the lap top a smear? or is it real?
It is both. No one ever denied it wasn't real. That's a useless straw man from the side engaged in the smear.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Post Reply