NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:07 am
You are going to believe what ever you need to believe…
That's rich coming from you. Your entire argument rests on the claims of outlets that refuse to share the actual source material with the rest of the world. Gee, wonder why? Because innuendo driven narratives are better for their agenda. Even my eight year old would be skeptical of that. But not you. Not when you're going to believe whatever you need to believe.
Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:07 am
look at the last link provided there is a photo of the subpoena dated Dec 2019. The FBI had it almost a year before the election.
So what? The fact that the FBI had it for so long and didn't indict Biden on anything can only be evidence that the laptop contained no actionable intelligence. Why do you think this helps your whackjob conspiracy theories?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Okay Kevin, the fact that a arm of the DOJ was sitting on the authenticity of the laptop during the last year of a heated presidential election, while allowing the Russia disinformation story about the laptop, which we now no is false, run wild.

The truth is that it wasn’t a Russian Hoax, but by omission a FBI hoax.

Do you believe it was okay for the FBI to sit on this.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:53 am
Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:24 am

What it means is that the FBI had it a year before the election and they let all the pun-dents and even Biden claim it was Russian disinformation…what Rudy did and what Bannon did is after the fact and irrelevant. The FBI is here to protect things like a Presidential Election…they let Trump fry and protected Biden…but again, you will believe not need to believe.

Go back and watch that video I pasted that show th e media saying it was disinformation…the FBI allowed that to happen. That is exactly what I imagine what it mans Honor.
This isn't true, Markk, and shows a serious lack of understanding of how the FBI is obligated to handle evidence.

The DOJ acknowledged possession of the laptop in October 2020 as a counter to claims it was entirely made up.

This has zero bearing on the core issues at hand. Those being the Trump campaigns use of it as a political weapon to create an October surprise and the lack of legitimate ties to Joe Biden.
Honor…the DoJ did not say the Laptop was indeed legit, that just came out. And why would the Trump campaign not use the fact that the Presidents son had ties with foreign governments and that JB might be involved? It is true…

Given you did not know that the FBI had the laptop in 2019, can you give me the link you based the DOJ acknowledged the laptop in Oct 2020? Just curious.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/21/Facebook ... formation/

Again, Markk, it isn't significant that the FBI had it. They don't publicly discuss investigations or evidence. You seem to believe that is evidence of a cover up. Instead, it's evidence you don't understand basic issues that make it easy to get sucked into imagination-driven conspiracy which is the intent main opportunity the Trump campaign saw in the laptop at the time. This is also what fuels the current news reporting on the Times reporting on the laptop as an acknowledgement it is real. The disinformation about it in 2020 and the smoke-raising exercise the right-wing media engages in now is making good use of ignorance and assumptions fueled by partisan hate. It's amazing how much oxygen this topic sucks up precisely because it's dimensions are defined by imagination.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:32 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:19 pm

It turns out that there are a couple of copies floating around. The Washington Post was provided with one, which it hired an expert to investigate. The contents of the drive had been altered just before the FBI subpoenaed the laptop and after it had subpoenaed the laptop. The expert described it as a mess in terms of trying to authenticate documents on it.

I don’t know how intelligent Hunter is, but he doesn’t demonstrate much common sense. He suffered a brain injury in the car crash that killed his mother. He grew up watching Beau be the golden child and seems to have been always trying to prove that he has value. He has a cocaine addiction, and I’ve seen up close and personal What that does to a person’s judgment. There’s a reason his dad hasn’t given him a security clearance or a job in the White House.

He’s trying to make his mark to uphold the family name in international business, as opposed to Beau’s plan to do it in politics. But he just doesn’t have the chops for it. And so he makes bad business decisions. I wouldn’t do a business deal with him if you paid me.
Do you have a cf that the context was altered?

Thanks
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... -examined/
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:27 pm

Again, Markk, it isn't significant that the FBI had it. They don't publicly discuss investigations or evidence. You seem to believe that is evidence of a cover up. Instead, it's evidence you don't understand basic issues that make it easy to get sucked into imagination-driven conspiracy which is the intent main opportunity the Trump campaign saw in the laptop at the time. This is also what fuels the current news reporting on the Times reporting on the laptop as an acknowledgement it is real. The disinformation about it in 2020 and the smoke-raising exercise the right-wing media engages in now is making good use of ignorance and assumptions fueled by partisan hate. It's amazing how much oxygen this topic sucks up precisely because it's dimensions are defined by imagination.
Ok, I stand corrected, it was the democratic congress and liberal media that was spreading the lie? Either way it was a lie. You keep stating I don’t understand, and there is a lot of things I do not understand, I am just a carpenter. But equally you do not understand a lot of things either. You didn’t even know, nor did Res, that the FBI had the lap top..in fact you had to google around and find that Ratcliffe agreed with the FBI and DoJ it was not Russian disinformation, and finally find it on a conservative site. This speaks a lot to just how muzzle this was and who owned the narrative which was a flat out lie.

What I do understand is right and wrong, and we can credit trump with a lot of wrong…but in this case he was 100% correct that the laptop was Hunters and more importantly that it was NOT Russian disinformation, and that as the article states the democrats in congress were the ones feeding the propaganda that it was Russian disinformation.

Some of this is starting to come back and sounds familiar, as I am sure it is with you…but Adam Schiff sat/sits as chairman of the intelligence committee, he was told it was a lie, but still told the American people, flat out, it was from the Kremlin. You went through that video I pasted earlier where the left wing media was apparently parroting Schiff. This is so wrong from so many angles.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:43 pm
Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:32 pm

Do you have a cf that the context was altered?

Thanks
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... -examined/
I don’t have an account, can you please paste how it was done?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:25 pm
I don’t have an account, can you please paste how it was done?
It has a bunch of timeline events. I’ll add the story itself as an event, along with the description.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:24 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:27 pm

Ok, I stand corrected, it was the democratic congress and liberal media that was spreading the lie?
More specifically, Adam Schiff asserted it was a fabrication, the DOJ and FBI were acknowledged to have the laptop, and Schiff changed his claims.

The media is hardly a monolithic entity that can be said to have made any single claim universally.
But equally you do not understand a lot of things either. You didn’t even know, nor did Res, that the FBI had the lap top..in fact you had to google around and find that Ratcliffe agreed with the FBI and DoJ it was not Russian disinformation, and finally find it on a conservative site. This speaks a lot to just how muzzle this was and who owned the narrative which was a flat out lie.
You're right that I had forgotten that detail. It is irrelevant to the issue, though, and in the time since we hashed through this with you before that wasn't meaningful. It only seems meaningful of you believe there is a mass conspiracy. But that requires significant ignorance regarding policies and behaviors that your conjecture paints into living, breathing, and breeding bunny rabbits hopping around in the clouds.

You want to turn the corner to evidence Joe Biden is compromised? The emails claiming he had a meeting with a Ukrainian contact of Hunter has been shown to be at most the potential they both attended a 12-person dinner party. China? Further emails show Hunter saying the potential deal was given a hard no.

You want to argue that Hunter Biden has bad judgement? There's no argument with me. Hunter Biden is a bad judgement powder keg of a person. Some say it comes from trauma associated with his mother and sibling being killed in a car accident where he was present and seriously injured when he was young. Whatever it is, it isn't a Joe Biden scandal.
What I do understand is right and wrong, and we can credit trump with a lot of wrong…but in this case he was 100% correct that the laptop was Hunters and more importantly that it was NOT Russian disinformation, and that as the article states the democrats in congress were the ones feeding the propaganda that it was Russian disinformation.
Again, the issue was the people with the hard drives pushing the narrative of scandal were also refusing to share the electronic copies of the emails. The PDFs that were shared had 2019 in their metadata and looked suspect.
Some of this is starting to come back and sounds familiar, as I am sure it is with you…but Adam Schiff sat/sits as chairman of the intelligence committee, he was told it was a lie, but still told the American people, flat out, it was from the Kremlin. You went through that video I pasted earlier where the left wing media was apparently parroting Schiff. This is so wrong from so many angles.
Markk, step out of the smoke and discuss the fire. What is actually of concern here regarding the laptop and it's contents related to Joe Biden?
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:54 pm
Okay Kevin, the fact that a arm of the DOJ was sitting on the authenticity of the laptop during the last year of a heated presidential election, while allowing the Russia disinformation story about the laptop, which we now no is false, run wild.

The truth is that it wasn’t a Russian Hoax, but by omission a FBI hoax.

Do you believe it was okay for the FBI to sit on this.
Your problem is that you get all your information from the Right Wing Conspiracy sphere, which is why you think the "Russian disinformation" narrative was far more prominent than it really was in the mainstream media. Frankly I don't think I've ever heard anyone in the media say the Hunter Biden laptop didn't exist (Hell doesn't just about everyone own a laptop?) The issue at hand had always been about the crazy claims made about what the laptop proved. You're asserting it proves all kinds of mischievous corruption that involved the sitting President. You can't provide any evidence to this, all you can do is keep alluding to the established innuendo from your favorite propaganda outlets. The fact that THEY have been sitting on this "information" for nearly two years now and yet they absolutely refuse to share it with the rest of us, should give you more cause for pause than any kind of outrage you're feigning over the FBI's refusal to debunk exaggerated narratives.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18