NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:59 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 7:27 pm

If you wished to start a new thread I'd be happy to discuss the performance of the Biden administration. I don't believe a thread about Hunter Biden's laptop and a conservative media conspiracy theory is the appropriate place for that discussion. Why? Because the latter isn't actually about Joe Biden.
Now that your own media has admitted that Hunter Biden's laptop is real and not Russian disinformation (which essentially means information that the left doesn't like), do you stil believe this is a right wing media conspiracy theory?

The coverup is often what gets politicians in more trouble than what they cover up, namely having the FBI direct Facebook to shut down the story as admitted by Mark Zuckerburg. But as long as the Democrats keep harvesting ballits and finding just enough mail in votes to win each election they'll get away with and continue to get away with influence pedaling, weaponizing the IRS and justice dept against their political oppents, and squelching free speech through control of social media.
My own media?

Did you read this thread? Your question was the topic for tens of pages.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:21 pm
Did you read …
Anytime you start a question with “Did you read” to Ajax18 the answer is unequivocally “No.”

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:34 am
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... d-n1245533

Here is a news report from the period in question explaining that the concern over the laptop being potential Russian disinformation was tied to how it was being presented. It wasn't the media conspiring to ignore a story about Biden to help him beat Trump because they didn't like Trump. It was due to the story being innuendo at a time that was remarkably convenient for the same people holding the evidence.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:26 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:21 pm
Did you read …
Anytime you start a question with “Did you read” to Ajax18 the answer is unequivocally “No.”

- Doc
I know. Still. Some fruit is hanging so low it had to bounce off his head while he was walking past the tree.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:27 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:26 pm

- Doc
I know. Still. Some fruit is hanging so low it had to bounce off his head while he was walking past the tree.
You could take a Wagner Group sledgehammer to Ajax18’s dome and the tool would split in two.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Republicans Rip Hunter’s Recorded $49,910 Rent/Deposit Payments as Corrupt

Republicans are raising concerns about Hunter Biden’s recorded $49,910 rent and deposit payments, following multiple inconsistencies reported by Breitbart News regarding Hunter’s access to the Delaware house where his father stored classified documents.

Emails found on Hunter’s “Laptop from Hell” show Hunter paid a $49,910 rental deposit to the House of Sweden for an office for the Biden family business’s venture with the infamous CEFC China Energy Co. The Biden family had previously negotiated a deal with CEFC whereby President Joe Biden (Big Guy) would receive a ten percent equity stake in the joint venture, whistleblower Tony Bobulinski stated.

Hunter’s $49,910 deposit also matches the amount of money he logged as rent for housing on a 2018 background check document unearthed by the New York Post’s Miranda Devine. The document also noted Hunter’s residence was Joe Biden’s home in Wilmington, Delaware, where the president kept classified documents alongside his Corvette in the garage.

The document additionally reveals Hunter checked a box showing he was an owner of a “Current Residence.” It’s not clear why Hunter noted he owned a location where he paid rent or why he listed his current address as Joe Biden’s residence with rent payments.

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY), the third most senior House Republican, stated Hunter and the “Biden Crime Family” will be held accountable for their threats to national security.

“Each day it becomes clearer that Joe Biden and the Biden Crime Family are corrupt and significant threats to national security,” she tweeted. “Our Republican House Majority will hold them accountable”:

Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) speculated Joe Biden could have skimmed the rental payments from the Biden family’s business ventures.

“That’s one way to skim 10% off the top for the big guy,” he said.

Rogan O’Handley, a lawyer and civil rights activist, described how he believed Joe Biden sold out America.

“It’s simple corruption: China pays Hunter [–] Hunter pays Joe [–] Joe sells out America [–] We the People lose while Bidens get rich,” he tweeted:

It’s simple corruption:

China pays Hunter

Hunter pays Joe

Joe sells out America

We the People lose while Bidens get rich https://t.co/Z4dcsOpthF

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023 ... s-corrupt/
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Note the use of the term "Biden Family," which is used to mean "some members of the Biden Family, not including Joe Biden." It's slimy.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:33 pm
Emails found on Hunter’s “Laptop from Hell”
Every single copy, other than the one that was analyzed in November (which kind of begs the question why the repair store guy, and his lawyer, waited that long to provide a "clean" copy) has been shown to have been tampered with and altered.

Unless these particular emails came from the only version that Republicans haven't altered (which, as far as I can see, hasn't been made fully public), I'd take anything reported as found on the laptop with a grain of salt.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:27 pm
Note the use of the term "Biden Family," which is used to mean "some members of the Biden Family, not including Joe Biden." It's slimy.
If Joe wasn't involved how do you explain Hunter paying the big guy $50k/month in rent? How is that not money laundering?
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:16 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:27 pm
If Joe wasn't involved how do you explain Hunter paying the big guy $50k/month in rent? How is that not money laundering?
How do Hunter and Joe explain it? That would be The natural way to start? Next, where is the documentation of what you are talking about? Finally, what was the source of the funds? It’s not money laundering if the funds were illegally obtained in the first place.

But you’re doing the same slimy thing right here. The whole “Big Guy” narrative is based on the testimony of one guy, who supposedly gave a Republican controlled committee over two years ago. So where is it? Without his statement, aren’t you making wild leaps from one e-mail from someone not named Biden to someone not named Biden?

As the Jim Jordan clown show is going to milk this at least until the 2024 elections, I’m content to wait for more evidence than one e-Mail and one witness.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.