NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:53 pm
It's unlikely the laptop issue is one that falls neatly and definitively on one side of a line. Just as the COCO is simply wishing when they see every little snippet of text or post on it as evidence of Joe Biden being corrupt, it would be wrong to imagine the types of tampering seen on the laptop will prove it was all a hoax. The reality is more complicated.

That said, it isn't "both-siding" to acknowledge that. That's just choosing reality over partisan fantasy thinking. The need is to get past the innuendo and "IF this, THEN that" imaginings to the facts. As tabloids tend to do, the facts are rarely presented in the headlines and the bulk of the reports are whiplash-inducing time jumps meant to insinuate some external event has relevance to the item being reported on. Sorting though it most often shows the relationships being proposed are simply speculation for folks like Markk who think something being circumstantial evidence to their conspiracy theory is more than just confabulatory nonsense.

In the case of the most recent dump presented to us by ajax, the entire issue is obviously flawed. It tries to sucker a person in to believing Joe paid off Hunters massive bills including one tied to the holy grail of this conspiracy, China. They salivate just imagining that they can finally prove China money made it into Joe Biden's pocket which he laundered as part of a scheme involving him having a stake in a Chinese business. But the email provided explains Joe offered to pay Hunter's bills - as in his monthly payments - on a temporary basis until Hunter got his feet back under him. They want their readers to believe because one of bills being for a business deal it proves Joe knew everything about everything Hunter ever did and is in bed with China. Garbage thinking pretending their ability to exercise their imaginations in creating "CE" is what people call critical thinking. The math involved in trying to make it seem like there is money missing from nefarious sources is just another example of how folks like Markk imagine anything that doesn't look like someone working their 40 and getting their paycheck on Friday is probably dirty money.

It's meh. BUT HEY! Both ajax and Markk are welcome to prove they actually believe there is more to this and take the nipple piercing bet. I've already said I'll take my side of that bet. I've put skin in this game. Probably because I can organize information when I read but again, taking advantage of dopes is kinda the point of gambling. So...ajax? Markk?
Let me guess triple malt? When all else fails, blame the messenger.

Yeah sure everybody I know ( “somebody”) has a VPOTUS as a father that is the lead on negotiating billions of dollars of aid for a corrupt country, while they are getting paid 83k + a month by a Russian backed oligarch who owns a company that will most likely receive part of that aid. No problem here Honor. Or flying to China with your VPOTUS father on Air Force 2, and most likely making a million dollar deal that might be traced back to communist Chinese government….yeah, I know a lot of “somebody’s” that do that. And hey I know a lot of somebody’s that meet with the VPOTUS that are associated with the VP’s son in business, that golf with, ad meet with, the VP that are in prison for fraud and conspiracy. And hey I also know a lot of lobbyists and forign investment company presidents that have power of attorney of at least part of the VPOTUS investments and tax doc’s. Yeah just a man making his 40 Honor…
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:45 am
Yeah sure everybody I know ( “somebody”) has a VPresident as a father that is the lead on negotiating billions of dollars of aid for a corrupt country, while they are getting paid 83k + a month by a Russian backed oligarch who owns a company that will most likely receive part of that aid. No problem here Honor. Or flying to China with your VPOTUS father on Air Force 2, and most likely making a million dollar deal that might be traced back to communist Chinese government….yeah, I know a lot of “somebody’s” that do that. And hey I know a lot of somebody’s that meet with the VPOTUS that are associated with the VP’s son in business, that golf with, ad meet with, the VP that are in prison for fraud and conspiracy. And hey I also know a lot of lobbyists and forign investment company presidents that have power of attorney of at least part of the VPOTUS investments and tax doc’s. Yeah just a man making his 40 Honor…

Every time I read something like this, I have to wonder how your mind was processing the previous Administration.

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
...most likely receive part of that aid. ...most likely making a million dollar deal ...Yeah just a man making his 40 …

I see the COCO have their best man on the case still.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

canpakes wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:10 am
Markk wrote:
Yeah sure everybody I know ( “somebody”) has a Vthe President as a father that is the lead on negotiating billions of dollars of aid for a corrupt country, while they are getting paid 83k + a month by a Russian backed oligarch who owns a company that will most likely receive part of that aid. No problem here Honor. Or flying to China with your VPOTUS father on Air Force 2, and most likely making a million dollar deal that might be traced back to communist Chinese government….yeah, I know a lot of “somebody’s” that do that. And hey I know a lot of somebody’s that meet with the VPOTUS that are associated with the VP’s son in business, that golf with, ad meet with, the VP that are in prison for fraud and conspiracy. And hey I also know a lot of lobbyists and forign investment company presidents that have power of attorney of at least part of the VPOTUS investments and tax doc’s. Yeah just a man making his 40 Honor…

Every time I read something like this, I have to wonder how your mind was processing the previous Administration.
Every time I read responses to this kind of nonsense I wonder how people have been able to translate enough of his word salad to even argue with.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:23 am
Markk wrote:
...most likely receive part of that aid. ...most likely making a million dollar deal ...Yeah just a man making his 40 …

I see the COCO have their best man on the case still.
Yeah, the Biden family, are just a average family getting their 40 hours a week…. A hard working blue collar family.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Markk wrote:
Yeah sure everybody I know ( “somebody”) has a Vthe President as a father that is the lead on negotiating billions of dollars of aid for a corrupt country, while they are getting paid 83k + a month by a Russian backed oligarch who owns a company that will most likely receive part of that aid. No problem here Honor. Or flying to China with your VPOTUS father on Air Force 2, and most likely making a million dollar deal that might be traced back to communist Chinese government….yeah, I know a lot of “somebody’s” that do that. And hey I know a lot of somebody’s that meet with the VPOTUS that are associated with the VP’s son in business, that golf with, ad meet with, the VP that are in prison for fraud and conspiracy. And hey I also know a lot of lobbyists and forign investment company presidents that have power of attorney of at least part of the VPOTUS investments and tax doc’s. Yeah just a man making his 40 Honor…

LOL….I tell you one way I did not look at them, as hard working folks just getting their 40 hours a week!

Are you saying because the Trump Family was shady, that it is okay for the Biden family to be left alone? Is that a fair statement?
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 2:16 pm
canpakes wrote:

Every time I read responses to this kind of nonsense I wonder how people have been able to translate enough of his word salad to even argue with.
You can always actually jump in FF….go ahead and break down each item I referenced…I’ve discussed them over and over with Honor and Pakes….please jump in…I’ll make it easy on you…

1st point…

“The VP President as a father that is the lead on negotiating billions of dollars of aid for a corrupt country, while they are getting paid 83k + a month by a Russian backed oligarch who owns a company that will most likely receive part of that aid.”

Is this a true or false statement and does it depict a average family working a 40 hour week?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk,

Let me know when you can do more than blow smoke and insinuate Joe Biden must be party to whatever dealings Hunter Biden engaged in that sets you off because Hunter cashed in on his family name.

That you have absorbed the comment about the 40 hr=earned paycheck as you have supports my observations. I'd ask if you knew that but you can't understand the point. Your blind to it because your worldview doesn't allow that to be framed accurately and that's the point. It is interesting, though.
Last edited by honorentheos on Sun May 01, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Markk wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:23 pm
Father Francis wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 2:16 pm
You can always actually jump in FF….go ahead and break down each item I referenced…I’ve discussed them over and over with Honor and Pakes….please jump in…I’ll make it easy on you…

1st point…

“The VP President as a father that is the lead on negotiating billions of dollars of aid for a corrupt country, while they are getting paid 83k + a month by a Russian backed oligarch who owns a company that will most likely receive part of that aid.”

Is this a true or false statement and does it depict a average family working a 40 hour week?
You want a true of false answer based on a statement that includes "most likely"? We know where that "most likely" ended up. You then follow up loaded question that has nothing to do with anything. No one here thinks the Bidens are regular working folk.

You're way over your head. Out of your depths, out of your element.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:50 pm
Markk,

Let me know when you can do more than blow smoke and insinuate Joe Biden must be party to whatever dealings Hunter Biden engaged in that sets you off because Hunter cashed in on his family name.

That you have absorbed the comment about the 40 hr=earned paycheck as you have supports my observations. I'd ask if you knew that but you can't understand the point. Your blind to it because your worldview doesn't allow that to be framed accurately and that's the point. It is interesting, though.
He's been doing that for 50 pages. I doubt he has anything new to bring to the discussion, yet it keeps on going.