NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:06 am
Markk wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:56 am
I’ll get to your questions…

Should I set my alarm for, say, April of 2025?
Are these your questions?

I hereby acknowledge (1) that you are incapable of explaining why Trump did not ask the DoJ to investigate a situation that you say we must investigate, (2) that you cannot produce one fact or point of evidence that illustrates any connection between the US aid package and Burisma, and (3) that you cannot answer what level of pay Hunter Biden becomes ‘overpaid’ in the midst of your ranting about Hunter Biden being overpaid, or (4) how ‘overpaid’ then automatically translates into ‘corrupt’.
I answered these, but things have changed

1. I explained he did not have to…and now out of hindsight, he was paranoid and, right or wrong, did not trust anyone but Rudy…certainly nothing FBI and probably not the DoJ.

2. MZ is in hiding for bilking the Government out of Monies and there are billions of monies missing that no one knows where the money went…remember that story? Enough for a investigation in my opinion.

3.a million plays dollars a year for doing nothing that I know of, except help finding a lawyer to try to get MZ off. CFR on what he did for a million plus a year?

4. In this case it may because his father was the lead for our country in the Ukraine, which was to receive Billions in aid. Again…CFR on what he actually did for Burisma? can you site any landmark things he did for Burisma…any strategic programs he personally developed or SOP’s? Again CFR Pakes? What did Burisma get out of Hunter and Archer for their time with Burisma?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:10 am
Markk wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:07 am
If Hunter was receiving money for his name from a... foreign government, in hopes that that “entity” could take advantage of Hunter as a Senators son, VP…or even the President…then that would be an issue most folks would have a real problem with. Maybe Joe didn’t get a dime,...
This isn't illegal and my answer would be, "no" if you had presented your question this way.

This would not affect my opinion of Joe Biden as it's purely about Hunter Biden.
Fair enough,we certainly have a fundamental difference of opinion here.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:28 am
honorentheos wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:10 am

This isn't illegal and my answer would be, "no" if you had presented your question this way.

This would not affect my opinion of Joe Biden as it's purely about Hunter Biden.
Fair enough,we certainly have a fundamental difference of opinion here.
When the blatant profiteering from office on the part of Trump has been raised you seem nonplussed about it, casually acknowledging his being terrible but then tossing out some item of praise. It's hard to see your position as genuine concern about corruption. You yawn when obvious cases are presented or confabulate them away with a "maybe it's not what you say it is" while being quite concerned about Biden where just his son trading on the family name is impeachable. Yeah. We have fundamental differences of opinions here.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:26 am
canpakes wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:06 am
Should I set my alarm for, say, April of 2025?
Are these your questions?

I hereby acknowledge (1) that you are incapable of explaining why Trump did not ask the DoJ to investigate a situation that you say we must investigate, (2) that you cannot produce one fact or point of evidence that illustrates any connection between the US aid package and Burisma, and (3) that you cannot answer what level of pay Hunter Biden becomes ‘overpaid’ in the midst of your ranting about Hunter Biden being overpaid, or (4) how ‘overpaid’ then automatically translates into ‘corrupt’.
I answered these, but things have changed
OK. Here we go -
1. I explained he did not have to…and now out of hindsight, he was paranoid and, right or wrong, did not trust anyone but Rudy…certainly nothing FBI and probably not the DoJ.
Nonsensical non-answer. You’re doing, “We have to investigate, but Trump didn’t have to investigate!!” all over again, which is clearly confused and contradictory. So, this first question remains unanswered.
2. MZ is in hiding for bilking the Government out of Monies and there are billions of monies missing that no one knows where the money went…remember that story? Enough for a investigation in my opinion.
Nonsensical non-answer again. Which government? The US government? From which aid and what dollar amounts? What did Burisma receive that was part of the US aid efforts? All of these finer questions remain unanswered by you, so this second question remains unanswered on the whole.
3.a million plays dollars a year for doing nothing that I know of, except help finding a lawyer to try to get MZ off. CFR on what he did for a million plus a year?
I’ll assume that you’re trying to say that earning a million (or more) in BoD salary would be the threshold of ‘overpaid’. Given that Hunter Biden wasn’t paid that much per year, I’ll assume that you believe that he was not overpaid.

Finally, there’s an answer, but it undermines your complaints. It renders my fourth question unnecessary, but let’s look at what you wrote -
4. In this case it may because his father was the lead for our country in the Ukraine, which was to receive Billions in aid. Again…CFR on what he actually did for Burisma? can you site any landmark things he did for Burisma…any strategic programs he personally developed or SOP’s? Again CFR Pakes? What did Burisma get out of Hunter and Archer for their time with Burisma?
This is a strange paragraph that doesn’t address my question of, “how ‘overpaid’ then automatically translates into ‘corrupt’”. As such, you’ve provided no answer to this last question.

You’ve answered 1 question out of 4, and your single answer works against your argument.

By the way, I’m still interested in knowing why these geniuses of money laundering and corruption were bickering over a monthly cellphone bill of $190. Where’s the money, Markk?
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

So by now I supposed you guys have figured out what I pointed out many years ago. That Markk lives in an ideological bubble and doesn't really care about what's true, what's proven, what's disproven, and what's actual reality. At least not when those things conflict with his preferred worldview that says, basically, all our problems in life are caused by some faction of "the Left."

Conspiracy theorists are a particular breed. And Markk is going to cling to those things that make him feel important. People who get off thinking that only they know the real truth, and anyone else who doesn't get it is just not "thinking critically."

Kudos to Honor, Res Ipsa, Gadianton, chap, canpakes, etc who gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to talk some sense into him.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Omit old post
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Pakes wrote…Nonsensical non-answer. You’re doing, “We have to investigate, but Trump didn’t have to investigate!!” all over again, which is clearly confused and contradictory. So, this first question remains unanswered.
LOL Says who? It is an answer and a real answer, it is just not the answer you are some how trying to choreograph. If you have a better answer, please present it

Nonsensical non-answer again. Which government? The US government? From which aid and what dollar amounts? What did Burisma receive that was part of the US aid efforts? All of these finer questions remain unanswered by you, so this second question remains unanswered on the whole.
The Ukrainian Government, please pay attention. MZ was a energy minister and basically gave permits and leases ( what ever the proses is there) to his own company. He is hiding in Morocco or Cypress because the Government is after him. I have no idea how much…we know that Billions went missing though…and being that we gave billions to a corrupt government, from the president on down, and that MZ was in and out of that government and a oligarch of “high standings,” and again he is wanted by the new government administration….

My answer is a very good answer to a very ignorant and uneducated question.
Pakes wrote…
I’ll assume that you’re trying to say that earning a million (or more) in BoD salary would be the threshold of ‘overpaid’. Given that Hunter Biden wasn’t paid that much per year, I’ll assume that you believe that he was not overpaid.
LOL I am saying that a million dollars is a lot of money…and it is more (Rosemont) if you consider Archer also got a million a year that we know of. Can you tell me what they actually did and accomplished for that 2 million? They I believe attended two board meeting a year (never in the Ukraine). Hunter as far as i know helped hire a legal team from the US to help MZ in his defense for his criminal accusations against him…That is all I know they did. Again answer my question…what did he do as a sitting board member?

Pakes wrote…This is a strange paragraph that doesn’t address my question of, “how ‘overpaid’ then automatically translates into ‘corrupt’”. As such, you’ve provided no answer to this last question.

You’ve answered 1 question out of 4, and your single answer works against your argument.
It is not strange…I am asking you to back up your question. What did Hunter actually accomplish at Burisma? I have answer you question, again just not th e answer you want and somehow you think you need ( I guess).
By the way, I’m still interested in knowing why these geniuses of money laundering and corruption were bickering over a monthly cellphone bill of $190. Where’s the money, Markk?
That is weak and showing you are not paying attention…it is about a pattern and not just one bill? The president of Rosemont was paying the bills of Joe Biden. Hunter and Archer owned Rosemont…so again this is just more muck the leads to our president. If you want to, or maybe more correctly put “need to” dismiss these patterns I understand, I really do….I was LDS for 34 years, I understand how denial and being afraid to explore beyond ones comfort zone works.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:52 am
Pakes wrote…Nonsensical non-answer. You’re doing, “We have to investigate, but Trump didn’t have to investigate!!” all over again, which is clearly confused and contradictory. So, this first question remains unanswered.
LOL Says who? It is an answer and a real answer, it is just not the answer you are some how trying to choreograph. If you have a better answer, please present it
No, its a crappy answer, and its not my responsibility to fix your crappy answer for you. Not only that, but it's based off a senseless assertion that you made, which you apparently cannot explain.

But, if you insist on holding the line on this one, then I would say that your non-response can be flipped right back on to you. As in,

Markk: We should investigate the Bidens..!!
canpakes: No, because we don't have to.

See? We're done with the subject. No need to investigate.

The Ukrainian Government, please pay attention. MZ was a energy minister and basically gave permits and leases ( what ever the proses is there) to his own company. He is hiding in Morocco or Cypress because the Government is after him. I have no idea how much…we know that Billions went missing though…and being that we gave billions to a corrupt government, from the president on down, and that MZ was in and out of that government and a oligarch of “high standings,” and again he is wanted by the new government administration….

My answer is a very good answer to a very ignorant and uneducated question.
Nope. Your answer reveals that you have an accusation about MZ corruptly obtaining money from the Ukranian Government. That's all.

It says nothing about what any investigation by the Ukranian Government concluded.
It gives no details or information on whether or not any illegally-obtained monies were ever tied to any aid that the Ukranian Government received from the US.
It gives no details or information on any connection between US aid and the Bidens, and does not even begin to support any corruption claims re: the Bidens.
In short, my rejection of your first answer - as nonsensical - forces you to abandon your previously vague wording, and to now spin up into distractions about MZ that do nothing for your claims against anyone else.

LOL I am saying that a million dollars is a lot of money…and it is more (Rosemont) if you consider Archer also got a million a year that we know of. Can you tell me what they actually did and accomplished for that 2 million? They I believe attended two board meeting a year (never in the Ukraine). Hunter as far as i know helped hire a legal team from the US to help MZ in his defense for his criminal accusations against him…That is all I know they did. Again answer my question…what did he do as a sitting board member?
Well, Hunter Biden didn't meet your threshold for overpaid as he wasn't paid $1M USD by Burisma. So, why are you still saying that he was? And why are you asking me what he did for Burisma? Don't make me ask you to justify this distraction with how 'x' level of salary supposedly indicates fraud, because you won't be able to do that, either.

This is a strange paragraph that doesn’t address my question of, “how ‘overpaid’ then automatically translates into ‘corrupt’”. As such, you’ve provided no answer to this last question.

It is not strange…I am asking you to back up your question. What did Hunter actually accomplish at Burisma? I have answer you question, again just not th e answer you want and somehow you think you need ( I guess).
'Back up (my) question"..? Are you forgetting how this works?

Here's how you must be imagining this should go:

Markk: Hunter Biden was overpaid in my opinion, which proves that he's corrupt ..!!1!
canpakes: Why?
Markk: Back up your question, 'pakes!!

I think that you need to back your statement up. That's what my question is asking. If you want me to 'back up' my question, then I'll do so by stating that your assertion is a wild-eyed, unsubstantiated claim that can be made against hundreds of board members across America.

Happy, now? : D

That is weak and showing you are not paying attention…it is about a pattern and not just one bill? The president of Rosemont was paying the bills of Joe Biden. Hunter and Archer owned Rosemont…so again this is just more muck the leads to our president. If you want to, or maybe more correctly put “need to” dismiss these patterns I understand, I really do….I was LDS for 34 years, I understand how denial and being afraid to explore beyond ones comfort zone works.
Not that it matters if Hunter Biden bought JB a hamburger with money stolen from a homeless underage minority orphan ... because not even that would implicate JB in or for anything. And 'paying bills', like a $190 phone bill, just doesn't do anything to support your claim that JB was shaking down the Ukranian Government ... in order to pay his Verizon bill?

I can't even type this without giggling. : D
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I started a chronology thread in the hopes that we could untangle this mish mash of claims that Markk keeps throwing out. What exactly happened and when is critical to gaining any understanding of what actually happened. For example, Markk conflates events that happened before the revolution, when Ukraine was controlled by a pro-Russia government (MZ awarded licenses to companies that Burisma later purchased) with events that happened after the revolution (aid given the new pro-Western government by the U.S. and other nations.)

Then we get mish mashes of scattered texts and e-mails over time and on different subjects, treating them as if they all have something to do with each other. But Markk, you keep ignoring that every leaked document from the laptop is cherry picked by political enemies of Joe Biden. Even though multiple individuals have copies of the hard drive, no one has ever simply posted its complete contents. Cherry picked snippets of facts mean absolutely nothing because they are completely devoid of context. You should have learned that with the alleged "private meeting" for which there is zero evidence. But you keep falling for the same trick time after time after time.

If you want to make a case, be disciplined enough to organize the evidence you think you have instead of Gish Galloping around a hill of out of context factoids.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:50 pm

If you want to make a case, be disciplined enough to organize the evidence you think you have instead of Gish Galloping around a hill of out of context factoids.
Amen.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!