Did Trump "Drain" the swamp?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
K Graham
God

Re: Did Trump "Drain" the swamp?

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:15 pm
Res wrote…I have absolutely zero knowledge about what was actually possible in terms of a COVID Vaccine as of the time the virus was discovered, so I’ve got no benchmark against which to measure “great job.”
Then you did not listen to Collins … he stated normally vaccines take up to 5 years, we had it in 11 months. Even Biden said that he did a good job

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/politics ... index.html

This is all nonsense as you've failed at every request to show any causation from Trump's actions and how it translated to the production of the first vaccine. As I already told you, coronaviruses were already known before the pandemic and there had already been efforts made towards a vaccine. The main reason for the speed is that companies were implementing a groundbreaking technology, "years in the making," in Messenger RNA which is much, much faster than the traditional way of producing vaccines. It wasn't like they were starting from scratch on day one and miraculously came up with a vaccine months later. The company that produced the first vaccine had no funding from Trump's "Operation Warp Speed." That's just a fact. As far as "record time," that's still not true.

When Obama was confronted with H1N1 guess how long it took to come up with a vaccine? The first cases in the USA were discovered in April of 2009 and the first vaccine trials began in July of that same year. The vaccine was FDA approved in September, just five months after the virus was first known. Obama didn't go bragging about how his decisive actions produced the vaccine or saved millions of lives. It is disingenuous for you and Trump to say what you're saying.
Last edited by K Graham on Mon May 02, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:23 pm
Biden is crapping on the constitution everyday in ignoring the border crisis, it is a clear dereliction of duty…why do you stand for that?
Because it isn't a "clear dereliction of duty." It is nothing more than a Right Wing talking point you're sure to insist you never got from a Right Wing source. Only they are driving this narrative about a border crisis. The only way you could possibly spin this as a constitutional crisis is by envisioning migrants as an "invading army" as FOX News often describes them. But you say you don't watch FOX. So what is your rationale for saying Biden is violating the Constitution?

This should be good.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Kevin,

Are you denying a border crises? The administration has no real plan that I know of, other than basically ignoring the crises and just see what happens…Maybe it is to just have a open border, I don’t know?

Question…”What is Biden’s plan at the Border”? Break it down for me.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

K Graham wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 2:12 pm
Markk wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:15 pm

Then you did not listen to Collins … he stated normally vaccines take up to 5 years, we had it in 11 months. Even Biden said that he did a good job

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/politics ... index.html

This is all nonsense as you've failed at every request to show any causation from Trump's actions and how it translated to the production of the first vaccine. As I already told you, coronaviruses were already known before the pandemic and there had already been efforts made towards a vaccine. The main reason for the speed is that companies were implementing a groundbreaking technology, "years in the making," in Messenger RNA which is much, much faster than the traditional way of producing vaccines. It wasn't like they were starting from scratch on day one and miraculously came up with a vaccine months later. The company that produced the first vaccine had no funding from Trump's "Operation Warp Speed." That's just a fact. As far as "record time," that's still not true.

When Obama was confronted with H1N1 guess how long it took to come up with a vaccine? The first cases in the USA were discovered in April of 2009 and the first vaccine trials began in July of that same year. The vaccine was FDA approved in September, just five months after the virus was first known. Obama didn't go bragging about how his decisive actions produced the vaccine or saved millions of lives. It is disingenuous for you and Trump to say what you're saying.
Well, did you listen to Collins , Biden, and others that actually complimented Trumps administration. What they did was get past red tape road blocks allowing the companies to move faster and do their job.

No matter what you will never give Trump credit for anything…
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:28 pm
. What they did was get past red tape road blocks allowing the companies to move faster and do their job.

Not really for Pfizer, the folks who produced the first usable vaccine:
The BioNtech project to develop a novel mRNA technology for a COVID-19 vaccine was called "Project Lightspeed", which started in mid-January 2020 at BioNTech's laboratories in Mainz, Germany, just days after the SARS-Cov-2 genetic sequence was first made public. In September 2020, BioNTech received €375 million (US$445 million) from the government of Germany to accelerate the development and production capacity of the Pfizer–BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
Pfizer later accepted Warp Speed dollars in July as advance payment on a quantity of vaccine doses, but they were already funded and in trials at that point.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

And? Does that mean Trump did a bad job?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 5:40 pm
And? Does that mean Trump did a bad job?

A bad job of what?

I can tell you that whomever he hired as his personal tailor should have been fired years ago. That hire was a bad decision. : D
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

LOL…with handing the vaccine? Can I get a “okay out you”…or maybe a “incomplete.”
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

Markk wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:15 pm
I love that Markkk went from claiming that trump "drained the swamp" (you know, the title of this thread) only to have his ass handed to him as anyone with half a brain could see that trump was/is beyond corrupt and in bed with those evil "lobbyists" (another subject markkk seems to know nothing about).

Then, instead of rethinking his position, like any normal, intelligent non-cultist, he decided to wave his hands frantically and attempt to list things his mushroom endowed cheeto-cult-leader accomplished based on broadly debunked right-wing talking points...only to have his ass handed to him again (and again, and again) further showing that markkk doesn't even understand things like basic economics, foreign affairs, how private companies work, etc.

NOW, he has gotten so desperate to save face that he is badgering other posters to name just ONE thing trump did right all while trying to change the subject to Biden "crapping on the constitution every day" (another right-wing talking point markkk has chosen to parrot without understanding what he is saying) only to ignore requests for examples of where Biden is ignoring constitutional law (yet ANOTHER subject about which markkk is completely ignorant).

Anyone with an ounce of self-awareness would, by this point, just concede that they were wrong, but not our special guy, markkk! He has been so badly thrashed that the best he can do is whittle trumps "accomplishments" all the way down to not getting in the way of vaccine production (ignoring that he hindered and caused hesitancy with the rollout and completely botched the distribution) in order to try to find one thing trump did right - lol...

Here you go markkk - trump wasn't all bad!

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I think I can name another thing Trump did, well, rather that he didn’t do anything. As states began to legalize marijuana, his Justice department didn’t do anything, that I’m aware of, to hinder it. Thirty-something states have now legalized weed to one degree or another, and as a result have shifted vast sums of money from cartels and dealers to businessmen, doctors, and state coffers. That was a big win.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.