Did Trump "Drain" the swamp?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
canpakes
God

Re: Did Trump "Drain" the swamp?

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:15 pm
LOL…with handing the vaccine? Can I get a “okay out you”…or maybe a “incomplete.”
I don’t know what “okay out you” should mean, so I won’t say that. : D

I will, however, say that the Administration did well in promoting measures that aided in quick development of a vaccine, while noting that it wasn’t the only entity engaged in the effort. I also appreciate that Trump, on a few very rare occasions, encouraged folks to get their shot, although those occasions were painfully few, and overshadowed by his exponentially greater avalanche of inflammatory comments/tweets regarding other mitigation efforts such as masks or social distancing.

It would also appear that the Administration didn’t have a terribly effective plan in place for distribution of the vaccine, with details left for individual States to work out, with funding and logistics largely unresolved.

I’d give the Administration kudos for their efforts regardless, although I’d rate Trump more critically for his constant attempts at sowing division and agitation with regard to the pandemic in general.

If not for his need to pander to the emotionally injured ‘F*Celestial Kingdom your Feelings’ crowd, and had he decided instead to ask Americans to support some very simple mitigation measures, the social environment of this country would have been greatly improved, and he probably would have been re-elected. But he turned the opportunity into another reason to give any re-election quest by him a hard pass.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:01 am
Markk wrote:
LOL…with handing the vaccine? Can I get a “okay out you”…or maybe a “incomplete.”
I don’t know what “okay out you” should mean, so I won’t say that. : D

I will, however, say that the Administration did well in promoting measures that aided in quick development of a vaccine, while noting that it wasn’t the only entity engaged in the effort. I also appreciate that Trump, on a few very rare occasions, encouraged folks to get their shot, although those occasions were painfully few, and overshadowed by his exponentially greater avalanche of inflammatory comments/tweets regarding other mitigation efforts such as masks or social distancing.

It would also appear that the Administration didn’t have a terribly effective plan in place for distribution of the vaccine, with details left for individual States to work out, with funding and logistics largely unresolved.

I’d give the Administration kudos for their efforts regardless, although I’d rate Trump more critically for his constant attempts at sowing division and agitation with regard to the pandemic in general.

If not for his need to pander to the emotionally injured ‘F*Celestial Kingdom your Feelings’ crowd, and had he decided instead to ask Americans to support some very simple mitigation measures, the social environment of this country would have been greatly improved, and he probably would have been re-elected. But he turned the opportunity into another reason to give any re-election quest by him a hard pass.
Okay out of you…sorry?

Fair enough to the rest of your post.
Last edited by Markk on Wed May 04, 2022 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:19 am
Okay out of you…sorry?

Don’t be sorry, Markk. Just don’t vote for Trump again.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:21 am
Markk wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:19 am
Okay out of you…sorry?

LOL..but I will over Biden or Harris hands down…but rest assured, I live in California so it does not really matter much. Are you sure I voted for Trump?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:28 am
Are you sure I voted for Trump?

Of course not. As I’m not a registered Democratic Party member, I don’t have access to the voting machine data.

C’mon, you know you want to believe that. : D
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Trump didn't "handle" the vaccine. He had nothing whatsoever to do with its production. This has been demonstrated over and over, so the burden is on you to demonstrate otherwise. All you've got are a couple of politically correct statements of praise from Biden and Collins, but nothing more. I suspect they were trying not to trigger him and they were more terrified that the former child President known as Donald Trump would encourage his base not to get vaccinated after Biden whipped him in the election. He didn't do that thankfully, which is about the only credit I can give him.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
canpakes wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:21 am

LOL..but I will over Biden or Harris hands down…but rest assured, I live in California so it does not really matter much. Are you sure I voted for Trump?

It tickles me silly to see Trump voters try to justify their vote for him by saying he's better than Biden. Biden couldn't, even if given twenty years in office, damage the fabric of this nation in the way Trump successfully did during his short tenure in office.

Did Biden load the courts with unqualified judges and appointed them based on nothing more than the Federalist Society ordering him to do so? I'm sure you're tickled to death than Women's rights are gradually being overturned because a tiny minority of fringe elements think their idiotic religious views should dictate society. Why is it Republicans only care about polls and surveys when its about Biden's approval? Virtually everything Republicans have stood for legislatively is vastly unpopular. They don't care what the American people want, they care about pushing their religiously driven agenda.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

K Graham wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 5:05 pm
Markk wrote:
Trump didn't "handle" the vaccine. He had nothing whatsoever to do with its production. This has been demonstrated over and over, so the burden is on you to demonstrate otherwise. All you've got are a couple of politically correct statements of praise from Biden and Collins, but nothing more. I suspect they were trying not to trigger him and they were more terrified that the former child President known as Donald Trump would encourage his base not to get vaccinated after Biden whipped him in the election. He didn't do that thankfully, which is about the only credit I can give him.
We have a lot more, a vaccine in what…11 months? he pushed and managed and streamlines the production. Kevin, Trump with all his faults did some good things, some very good things…sorry!
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

K Graham wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 5:07 pm
Markk wrote:

It tickles me silly to see Trump voters try to justify their vote for him by saying he's better than Biden. Biden couldn't, even if given twenty years in office, damage the fabric of this nation in the way Trump successfully did during his short tenure in office.

Did Biden load the courts with unqualified judges and appointed them based on nothing more than the Federalist Society ordering him to do so? I'm sure you're tickled to death than Women's rights are gradually being overturned because a tiny minority of fringe elements think their idiotic religious views should dictate society. Why is it Republicans only care about polls and surveys when its about Biden's approval? Virtually everything Republicans have stood for legislatively is vastly unpopular. They don't care what the American people want, they care about pushing their religiously driven agenda.
LOL…under Biden they are promoting there is basically no such thing as a Woman…How can you say that when the judge that Biden appointed is not even sure what a Women is?

What they ar e going to do is give the states control over whether a Baby is murdered or not…so don’t worry, many states will carry on your wish.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:37 am
LOL…under Biden they are promoting there is basically no such thing as a Woman…How can you say that when the judge that Biden appointed is not even sure what a Women is?

Has any Justice ever answered that question?

Perhaps you should ask the ones that are already on the court, if this irks you so. Or maybe consider why it was asked in the first place. ; )