Did Trump "Drain" the swamp?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
canpakes
God

Re: Did Trump "Drain" the swamp?

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:17 am
But anyways, is there anything Trump did that was a positive? Kevins responses were predictable, I called it, they will never change, but honestly what is a positive you can say about Trump?

First, let’s finish with that question about the Ukraine situation. What would you prefer us to do differently? Or do you prefer that we would stay completely outside of the situation in both opinion and supplies?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:32 am
Markk wrote:
But anyways, is there anything Trump did that was a positive? Kevins responses were predictable, I called it, they will never change, but honestly what is a positive you can say about Trump?

First, let’s finish with that question about the Ukraine situation. What would you prefer us to do differently? Or do you prefer that we would stay completely outside of the situation in both opinion and supplies?
Pakes…I said the Biden administration seems to be doing a good job so far, it is a slippery slope, so far so good…did you read what I wrote? I am not about to second guess what we should do there…one thing I know about war, being novice a ww2 buff, is that disinformation is critical, being discrete, yet always strong is essential. I don’t want to see boots on the ground for sure…so I have to trust our military is doing the right things. Do I think JB is calling the shots, I doubt it, but he will get the blame if this goes south, and he will get the credit if he/we pull off a Reagan tear down the wall moment…

Answer my question please.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:32 am
Markk wrote:

Pakes…I said the Biden administration seems to be doing a good job so far, it is a slippery slope, so far so good we aren’t glowing…did you read what I wrote? I am not about to second guess what we should do there…one thing I know about war, being novice a ww2 buff, is that disinformation is critical, being discrete, yet always strong is essential…I honestly hope we are not broadcasting our “plans”…so I am careful what I believe. I don’t want to see boots on the ground for sure…so I have to trust our military is doing the right things. Do I think JB is calling the shots, I doubt it…did you see him looking for the blue dot yesterday? But he will get the blame if this goes south, and he will get the credit and much more…if he/we pull off a Reagan tear down the wall moment…

Answer my question please?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk - thanks. To clarify, I wasn’t asking you a question with a clear ‘right or wrong’ answer, as I see it. But you chose to highlight our willingness to aid Ukraine (this conflict) as a negative (‘’X’s war”) as regards ‘Trump vs. Whomever’, and I find that interesting.

To your own question, the answer is ‘yes’.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:51 am
Markk - thanks. To clarify, I wasn’t asking you a question with a clear ‘right or wrong’ answer, as I see it. But you chose to highlight our willingness to aid Ukraine (this conflict) as a negative (‘’X’s war”) as regards ‘Trump vs. Whomever’, and I find that interesting.

Huh…??? LOL what are you talking about? Look all war is a negative to me. People are dying and suffering are you that insensitive? I never said anything about our willingness…period, you are trying to force some sort of personal political narrative in my response, I guess. I stated clearly that this is Biden’s war, in regards to that he is President…he has to manage it and deal with it Pakes…focus, he is commander and chief. if it happened on Trumps watch it would be his war.

That said, again under Trump…he did a good job on managing our military conflicts and was weening us our of these long running conflicts. It is just a fact.
Give me a list of some positives Trump did?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Markk wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:34 pm
canpakes wrote:

Huh…??? LOL what are you talking about? Look all war is a negative to me. People are dying and suffering are you that insensitive? I never said anything about our willingness…period, you are trying to force some sort of personal political narrative in my response, I guess. I stated clearly that this is Biden’s war, in regards to that he is the President…he has to manage it and deal with it Pakes…focus, he is commander and chief. if it happened on Trumps watch it would be his war.

That said, again under Trump…he did a good job on managing our military conflicts and was weening us away our of these long running conflicts. It is just a fact.
Give me a list of some positives Trump did? You didn’t answer my question.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

The fact that Markk cannot demonstrate anything positive Trump can legitimately take credit for is astonishing. This guy must have been the worst President in history.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
canpakes wrote:
Huh…??? LOL what are you talking about? Look all war is a negative to me.

Sure. War is a ‘negative’ thing, in and of itself.

People are dying and suffering are you that insensitive?

I don’t see anything ‘insensitive’ about my comments so far, but you are free to point anything out that you think meets that description.

I never said anything about our willingness…period, you are trying to force some sort of personal political narrative in my response, I guess. I stated clearly that this is Biden’s war, in regards to that he is President…he has to manage it and deal with it Pakes…focus, he is commander and chief. if it happened on Trumps watch it would be his war.

I see the statement that Ukraine is ‘Biden’s war’ to be politically motivated, in that this ‘X’s war’ labeling has been used by folks - fans of Trump especially - to disparage other Presidents while claiming that Trump’s Administration was free and clear of conflicts abroad. Not that we didn’t stay in Afghanistan through the entire time Trump was in office, or that we didn’t actually increase our engagement in Somalia.

I also believe that the simple sentiment, ‘war is bad’, doesn’t really take into account that aiding one side may end up in keeping overall casualties lower and democracy preserved in the end, as opposed to allowing any country to run roughshod over another freely, because to fight back would be bad. Would you agree?

You’ve said that you trust our military. That more or less answers a question that I posed earlier (“What would you prefer us to do differently?”) if I assume that you’re trying to say that you would not have done anything differently, operationally speaking. But, that’s after-the-fact of our having agreed to assist, and I’m still curious about your thoughts on this other question:
Or do you prefer that we would stay completely outside of the situation in both opinion and supplies?

That said, again under Trump…he did a good job on managing our military conflicts and was weening us our of these long running conflicts. It is just a fact.

Yet, we hadn’t exited Afghanistan by the end of his 4 years in office, and his Administration increased our involvement in Somalia’s civil war.

Every Administration has its positive accomplishments. Perhaps the Trump Administration’s most notable accomplishment is managing to convince Trump to leave the White House after he lost the election. : D

But, seriously - I do appreciate the Trump Administration’s strategic refocus on Russia and China as primary military/economic adversaries and away from the prioritization of fighting insurgents and terrorists in the Middle East. It was time for that change.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Markk wrote:

Abandoning the Kurds was a good idea?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:55 pm
Markk wrote:

Huh…??? LOL what are you talking about? Look all war is a negative to me.

Sure. War is a ‘negative’ thing, in and of itself.

People are dying and suffering are you that insensitive?

I don’t see anything ‘insensitive’ about my comments so far, but you are free to point anything out that you think meets that description.

I never said anything about our willingness…period, you are trying to force some sort of personal political narrative in my response, I guess. I stated clearly that this is Biden’s war, in regards to that he is the President…he has to manage it and deal with it Pakes…focus, he is commander and chief. if it happened on Trumps watch it would be his war.

I see the statement that Ukraine is ‘Biden’s war’ to be politically motivated, in that this ‘X’s war’ labeling has been used by folks - fans of Trump especially - to disparage other Presidents while claiming that Trump’s Administration was free and clear of conflicts abroad. Not that we didn’t stay in Afghanistan through the entire time Trump was in office, or that we didn’t actually increase our engagement in Somalia.

I also believe that the simple sentiment, ‘war is bad’, doesn’t really take into account that aiding one side may end up in keeping overall casualties lower and democracy preserved in the end, as opposed to allowing any country to run roughshod over another freely, because to fight back would be bad. Would you agree?

You’ve said that you trust our military. That more or less answers a question that I posed earlier (“What would you prefer us to do differently?”) if I assume that you’re trying to say that you would not have done anything differently, operationally speaking. But, that’s after-the-fact of our having agreed to assist, and I’m still curious about your thoughts on this other question:
Or do you prefer that we would stay completely outside of the situation in both opinion and supplies?

Yet, we hadn’t exited Afghanistan by the end of his 4 years in office, and his Administration increased our involvement in Somalia’s civil war.

Every Administration has its positive accomplishments. Perhaps the Trump Administration’s most notable accomplishment is managing to convince Trump to leave the White House after he lost the election. : D

But, seriously - I do appreciate the Trump Administration’s strategic refocus on Russia and China as primary military/economic adversaries and away from the prioritization of fighting insurgents and terrorists in the Middle East. It was time for that change.
What about the economy? Did he do a good job?