The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Elizabeth
Stake President

THIS and That.

Post by Elizabeth »

Moses 8: 17 And the Lord said unto Noah: My Spirit shall not always strive with man,

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... ng=eng#p16

Moses 8: 22

And God saw that the wickedness of men had become great in the earth; and man was lifted up in the imagination of the thoughts of his heart, being only evil continually.
canpakes
God

Re: THIS and That

Post by canpakes »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:21 pm
In my youth I had period of fascination with astronomy. I learned about the visible night sky and am familiar with looking at the Andromeda gaIaxy with the naked eye. It is a hazy patch definitely larger than a star but quite a bit smaller than the moon. This observation would not change the view that the photo combines a telescope's time exposure image with a landform image.

I don’t think that I had ever seen Andomeda, knowingly, until pointed out by a friend while on a camping trip in a remote area of Idaho last year. As you say, it’s definitely noticeable with the unaided eye as a hazy patch, if you’re far enough away from urban light pollution. With a pair of binoculars, the view resolves well enough to be obvious what you’re looking at. It’s quite a sight, to be peering into our galactic neighbor.

The view is just going to get better, too. I understand that we’re due to collide with Andromeda in just a few billion years. : )
Elizabeth
Stake President

THIS and That.

Post by Elizabeth »

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: THIS and That

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Why not open your own thread and post your family photos there?
Are you incapable of opening a thread?
Sadly, it seems this is an antifa communist site, I was not aware of this when I opened my account.
You will be pleased to know I will not post here again.
Marcus
God

Re: .......

Post by Marcus »

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:03 pm
Are you incapable of opening a thread?
Sadly, it seems this is an antifa communist site, I was not aware of this when I opened my account.
someone is disappointed.... why does this seem very familiar? : D
Gadianton
God

Re: .........

Post by Gadianton »

Not true at all, that's exactly why you opened an account here.
This isn't Twitter or instagram, this is a discussion board. The rules are pretty open, and so if you want to treat it as an instagram or Twitter account you can, but you can't force everyone else to treat your threads as your own private platform.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:11 am
Not true at all, that's exactly why you opened an account here.
This isn't Twitter or instagram, this is a discussion board. The rules are pretty open, and so if you want to treat it as an instagram or Twitter account you can, but you can't force everyone else to treat your threads as your own private platform.
OMG, OMG, OMG.

This is really damn funny and not off topic at all.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: .......

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:03 pm
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

It's kind of hard to post off topic when the topic is "this and that".

Even worse when the topic is ".........", as a regular expression, that means substitute any letter, number, or character for a "."