The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Elizabeth
Stake President

THIS and That

Post by Elizabeth »

[YOUTUBE]pb-M6iPtM5w[/YOUTUBE]

Elizabeth
Stake President

THIS and That

Post by Elizabeth »

SoCal: Armed Robbers Pistol Whip Asian Couple, Rob Man of $60,000 Rolex in Broad Daylight Attack.

July 11, 2022

Armed robbers pistol whipped an Asian couple and robbed the man of his $60,000 Rolex in a broad daylight attack.
Marcus
God

Re: THIS and That

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:04 pm
Personally, I think it's very helpful to observe attempts to mainstream bigotry, including racism. I think Elizabeth's posts demonstrate a helpful contrast between the exquisite beauty that can be found in the world and universe with the ugliness and depravity that can exist in the human soul. If truth is beauty, then the claim that COVID-19 vaccinations are equivalent to abortions is the epitome of ugliness. It is demonstrably false. Here's just one article discussing the claim. https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL2N2X2251

Misrepresenting the meaning of VAERS data and even gaming the system with false reports have become anti-vax tactics. The spreaders of this misinformation prey on the perfectly natural desire of pregnant women to want to give birth to a healthy child. They result will be more disease, suffering and death for both pregnant women and the baby they hope to give birth to. The complete disregard of the life and health of both for the purpose of advancing an essentially political agenda shows the depths of human ugliness that can exist in a world of beauty.

So also with the lie that diversity=white genocide. To the extent that "white race" is an intelligible concept, "diversity" is irrelevant to its continued existence. What is relevant is whether white people choose to make babies with each other. What Elizabeth is talking about has nothing to do with "white genocide" -- she's talking about "white supremacy." And the notion that white people are supreme is pure and simple racism -- again, about as ugly as things get.

I think this entire thread is a stark reminder of how the depravity of a human soul can try to conceal itself in the beauty we can find all around us. Try, but fail for anyone willing to use their eyes and their brains.
I think it would have even greater impact if it were a stark reminder that got moved to an appropriate forum.
Elizabeth
Stake President

THIS and That.

Post by Elizabeth »

Two brothers, 10 and 14, surrender to police over fatal beating of James Lambert

July 11, 2022

"Two young brothers turned themselves into Philadelphia police Monday over the vicious beating death of 73-year-old James Lambert that was caught on camera, police said.

The siblings, ages 10 and 14, surrendered to authorities in connection to the fatal attack carried out by the crew of youngsters, according to authorities. Lambert was hit with a traffic cone during June 24 attack and died from his injuries a day later, police said.

Police confirmed the two minors were among the seven kids allegedly involved in attacking the lifelong Philadelphia resident, though it is unclear what role the brothers had.

Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner told CBS 3 Philadelphia the investigation is very active and juveniles involved could likely face murder charges “certainly on the very limited information we have.”

No formal charges have been brought.

Investigators were still working to identify some of the minors in the attack, CBS 3 Philadelphia reported.

14-Year-Old Boy To Be Charged With 3rd-Degree Murder In Connection To Fatal Beating Of 73-Year-Old Man: Sources

July 12, 2022

Sources close to the investigation tell CBS3 a 14-year-old boy is being processed on charges of third-degree murder and conspiracy in connection to the brutal beating of a 73-year-old man that was captured on camera in North Philadelphia. James Lambert later died from his injuries.

Eyewitness News cameras were there at Philadelphia police headquarters as two young brothers — ages 10 and 14 — turned themselves in to authorities around 4 p.m Monday.

Police confirm the brothers were among seven juveniles captured on camera in a violent attack that happened last month in North Philadelphia.

Investigators are still working to identify some of the teens seen in that hard-to-watch security video.

Surveillance video shows the group of four males and three females taunting and striking Lambert with a traffic cone along the 2100 block of Cecil B. Moore Avenue in North Philadelphia. Lambert died the next day from injuries to his head.

It’s not clear what the roles were of the two brothers who walked into police headquarters."

[YOUTUBE]nFOaqS4ZcY4[/YOUTUBE]
Elizabeth
Stake President

THIS and That.

Post by Elizabeth »

Marcus,
It is not for you to choose where I post my thread.
No one is forcing you to read any of my posts.
I will only post in this section ( Super Spirit Paradise) in this thread, and in my three threads in Celestial.
Marcus wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:40 pm
I think it would have even greater impact if it were a stark reminder that got moved to an appropriate forum.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
... What Elizabeth is talking about has nothing to do with "white genocide" -- she's talking about "white supremacy." And the notion that white people are supreme is pure and simple racism -- again, about as ugly as things get.
Agreed.
I think this entire thread is a stark reminder of how the depravity of a human soul can try to conceal itself in the beauty we can find all around us. Try, but fail for anyone willing to use their eyes and their brains.
Agreed again. So, could we move this depravity to the appropriate location?
[/quote]
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:24 pm
[YOUTUBE]pb-M6iPtM5w[/YOUTUBE]

Although a picture can be worth a thousand words, sometimes a picture needs words for context. This particular picture appears to have been taken during the Baltimore riots over the police killing of Freddie Gray. The treatment of the black citizens by the Baltimore Police Department has been an issue for decades. The BPD is currently operating under a consent decree and statistics show racially disparate treatment of complaints by black residents and complaints against black officers. https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com ... 083367.pdf

But notice the not so subtle positioning in the thread of the white and delightsome folks with the violent and criminal black folks. Is it any wonder why some white folks feel it's their duty to execute a black jogger in their neighborhood?

Elizabeth urges us to put only healthy things into our bodies, while urging us to put the most vile ideas into our brains.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:32 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
... What Elizabeth is talking about has nothing to do with "white genocide" -- she's talking about "white supremacy." And the notion that white people are supreme is pure and simple racism -- again, about as ugly as things get.
Agreed.
[/quote]

Why is this not an appropriate location? Why not call out racism where we find it? Are we not capable of discussing the loathsomeness of her racist posts within SSP rules. Note how she has doubled and tripled down on the racist posting by posting additional references to violent crimes committed by black folks. It's kind of ironic given how her posting comes on the heels of a not black person using a military grade weapon to turn elementary schoolers into blobs of jelly.

Pictures of kittens and sunsets are only skin deep. Racial bigotry goes down to the bone.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Elizabeth
Stake President

THIS and That

Post by Elizabeth »

:lol:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:31 pm
Marcus wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:32 pm

Agreed.
Why is this not an appropriate location? Why not call out racism where we find it? Are we not capable of discussing the loathsomeness of her racist posts within SSP rules. Note how she has doubled and tripled down on the racist posting by posting additional references to violent crimes committed by black folks. It's kind of ironic given how her posting comes on the heels of a not black person using a military grade weapon to turn elementary schoolers into blobs of jelly.

Pictures of kittens and sunsets are only skin deep. Racial bigotry goes down to the bone.
:lol: no argument there. It just seems that Elizabeth's racial bigotry doesn't qualify as keeping " all communications "Rated G," as per SSP Forum Rule 1.