The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Re: Moved: THISandThat

Post by Elizabeth »

https://independentminute.com/2022/05/2 ... 0DAY%20TWO

Elon Musk:

“I’ve just switched from moderate D to moderate R, as I think many independent voters have done.”
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:57 am
https://independentminute.com/2022/05/2 ... 0DAY%20TWO

Elon Musk:

“I’ve just switched from moderate D to moderate R, as I think many independent voters have done.”
There are no moderate Republicans. The left in the USA is maybe centrist at best in most of the Western world's eye.
Elizabeth
Stake President

THISandThat

Post by Elizabeth »

"The World Health Organization is attempting to seize control over global pandemic monitoring and response and, ultimately, all health care decisions
Bill Gates intends to play a key part in this takeover. He’s building a pandemic response team for the WHO, dubbed the "Global Epidemic Response & Mobilization" or GERM Team, which will have the authority to monitor nations and make pandemic response decisions, such as when to suspend civil liberties to prevent spread of an illness

The globalist cabal plans to seize control through biosecurity governance, and they’re attempting to do this using two different avenues. If we fail to fight off both attacks, we’ll end up under totalitarian governance

The first attack comes in the form of amendments to the International Health Regulations (IHR), which are currently being voted on by the World Health Assembly. These amendments will strip member nations of their sovereignty and give the WHO unprecedented power to restrict your medical freedoms and civil liberties in the name of biosecurity. Get involved and urge your nation’s leaders to reject the amendments if passed. Unless rejected, they will become binding law in November 2022

The second attack comes through a new international pandemic treaty with the WHO. They intend to eliminate individualised medicine and provide blanket rulings for how a given threat is to be addressed, and this can only result in needless suffering — not to mention the loss of individual freedom"
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... 1500240483
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Someone needs a civics lesson. That isn't how anything works anywhere.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

From Dr Mercola's website

"Microplastics From Masks Found Deep in Lungs of the Living"

I guess we'd better alert everyone from orderlies to circulators to surgeons to PA's to CRNA's to surgeons themselves that a crackpot DO insists they're going to die due to microplastics in the masks they've been wearing for decades... He also brings us a fresh take on covid. It's a hoax. His greatest breakthrough is that most of our ills can be cured by well trained people unblocking your chakra by hand. It's called EFT. It's more commonly known as acupressure, or as most people call it "a deliberate fraud or the notions of the delusional".
Elizabeth
Stake President

THISandThat

Post by Elizabeth »

" • Pleasure Versus Happiness.—
“The present is an age of pleasure-seeking, and men are losing their sanity in the mad rush for sensations that do but excite and disappoint. In this day of counterfeits, adulterations, and base imitations, the devil is busier than he has ever been in the course of human history, in the manufacture of pleasures, both old and new; and these he offers for sale in most attractive fashion, falsely labeled, Happiness. In this soul-destroying craft he is without a peer; he has had centuries of experience and practice, and by his skill he controls the market. He has learned the tricks of the trade, and knows well how to catch the eye and arouse the desire of his customers. He puts up the stuff in bright-colored packages, tied with tinsel string and tassel; and crowds flock to his bargain counters, hustling and crushing one another in their frenzy to buy.

“Follow one of the purchasers as he goes off gloatingly with his gaudy packet, and watch him as he opens it. What finds he inside the gilded wrapping? He has expected fragrant happiness, but uncovers only an inferior brand of pleasure, the stench of which is nauseating.

“Happiness includes all that is really desirable and of true worth in pleasure, and much besides. Happiness is genuine gold, pleasure but guilded brass, which corrodes in the hand, and is soon converted into poisonous verdigris. Happiness is as the genuine diamond, which, rough or polished, shines with its own inimitable luster; pleasure is as the paste imitation that glows only when artificially embellished. Happiness is as the ruby, red as the heart’s blood, hard and enduring; pleasure, as stained glass, soft, brittle, and of but transitory beauty.

“Happiness is true food, wholesome, nutritious and sweet; it builds up the body and generates energy for action, physical, mental and spiritual; pleasure is but a deceiving stimulant which, like spiritous drink, makes one think he is strong when in reality enfeebled; makes him fancy he is well when in fact stricken with deadly malady.

“Happiness leaves no bad after-taste, it is followed by no depressing reaction; it calls for no repentance, brings no regret, entails no remorse; pleasure too often makes necessary repentance, contrition, and suffering; and, if indulged to the extreme, it brings degradation and destruction.

“True happiness is lived over and over again in memory, always with a renewal of the original good; a moment of unholy pleasure may leave a barbed sting, which, like a thorn in the flesh, is an ever-present source of anguish.

“Happiness is not akin with levity, nor is it one with light-minded mirth. It springs from the deeper fountains of the soul, and is not infrequently accompanied by tears. Have you never been so happy that you have had to weep? I have.”
—From an article by James E. Talmage, Improvement Era, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 172, 173."
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:57 am
Elon Musk:

As a billionaire, he does not want to pay taxes, but cannot abide by the craziness that comes with conservative R.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Elizabeth
Stake President

THISandThat

Post by Elizabeth »

– We will never seek victory in a just case against us, even if we will probably win.

– We will never surrender/settle an unjust case against us, even if we will probably lose.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 20, 2022
Father Francis
Bishop

Re: THISandThat

Post by Father Francis »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:00 am
– We will never seek victory in a just case against us, even if we will probably win.

– We will never surrender/settle an unjust case against us, even if we will probably lose.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 20, 2022
Things rich people say when they want to sound enlightened. Eat, pray love...
Elizabeth
Stake President

THISandThat

Post by Elizabeth »

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... ated=false

"Letter that Salvatore Cordileone, the Catholic Archbishop of San Francisco, sent to Nancy Pelosi:

To the Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States Congress Nancy Pelosi

The Second Vatican Council, in its Decree on the Church in the Modem World, Gaudium et spes, reiterated the Church’s ancient and consistent teaching that “from the first moment of conception life must be guarded with the greatest care while abortion and infanticide are unspeakable crimes” (n. 51). Christians have, indeed, always upheld the dignity of human life in every stage, especially the most vulnerable, beginning with life in the womb. His Holiness, Pope Francis, in keeping with his predecessors, has likewise been quite clear and emphatic in teaching on the dignity of human life in the womb.

This fundamental moral truth has consequences for Catholics in how they live their lives, especially those entrusted with promoting and protecting the public good of society. Pope St. John Paul II was also quite consistent in upholding this constant teaching of the Church, and frequently reminded us that “those who are directly involved in lawmaking bodies have a ‘grave and clear obligation to oppose’ any law that attacks human life. For them, as for every Catholic, it is impossible to promote such laws or to vote for them” (cf. Doctrinal Note on some questions regarding the participation of Catholics in political life [November 24, 2002], n. 4, §1). A Catholic legislator who supports procured abortion, after knowing the teaching of the Church, commits a manifestly grave sin which is a cause of most serious scandal to others. Therefore, universal Church law provides that such persons “are not to be admitted to Holy Communion” (Code of Canon Law, can. 915).

With regard to the application of these principles to Catholics in political life, then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, as Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, wrote to the U.S. bishops in 2004 explaining the approach to be taken:

“… when a person’s formal cooperation becomes manifest (understood, in the case of a Catholic politician, as his consistently campaigning and voting for permissive abortion and euthanasia laws), his Pastor should meet with him, instructing him about the Church’s teaching, informing him that he is not to present himself for Holy Communion until he brings to an end the objective situation of sin, and warning him that he will otherwise be denied the Eucharist. When ‘these precautionary measures have not had their effect … ,’ and the person in question, with obstinate persistence, still presents himself to receive the Holy Eucharist, ‘the minister of Holy Communion must refuse to distribute it.’”

In striving to follow this direction, I am grateful to you for the time you have given me in the past to speak about these matters. Unfortunately, I have not received such an accommodation to my many requests to speak with you again since you vowed to codify the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision in federal law following upon passage of Texas Senate Bill 8 last September. That is why I communicated my concerns to you via letter on April 7, 2022, and informed you there that, should you not publicly repudiate your advocacy for abortion “rights” or else refrain from referring to your Catholic faith in public and receiving Holy Communion, I would have no choice but to make a declaration, in keeping with canon 915, that you are not to be admitted to Holy Communion.

As you have not publicly repudiated your position on abortion, and continue to refer to your Catholic faith in justifying your position and to receive Holy Communion, that time has now come. Therefore, in light of my responsibility as the Archbishop of San Francisco to be “concerned for all the Christian faithful entrusted to [my] care” (Code of Canon Law, can. 383, §1), by means of this communication I am hereby notifying you that you are not to present yourself for Holy Communion and, should you do so, you are not to be admitted to Holy Communion, until such time as you publicly repudiate your advocacy for the legitimacy of abortion and confess and receive absolution of this grave sin in the sacrament of Penance.

Please know that I stand ready to continue our conversation at any time, and will continue to offer up prayer and fasting for you.

I also ask all of the faithful of the Archdiocese of San Francisco to pray for all of our legislators, especially Catholic legislators who promote procured abortion, that with the help and under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, they may undergo a conversion of heart in this most grave matter and human life may be protected and fostered in every stage and condition of life.

Given at San Francisco, on the nineteenth day of May, in the Year of our Lord 2022.

[Signed]

Salvatore J. Cordileone

Archbishop of San Francisco."