Fargo - riddle can u solve it?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
hauslern
1st Counselor

Fargo - riddle can u solve it?

Post by hauslern »

The riddle involves a man in possession of a fox, a rabbit, and a cabbage, trying to get them all across the river in a boat. The man can only take one object at a time. However if he leaves to take the cabbage over the fox will eat the rabbit. If he takes the fox over over the rabbit will eat the cabbage. Remember he has to also be careful what he leaves on the other side.

The human eye sees more shades of green than any other colour - why?

If you have watched the show what are your thoughts on Lester?

What made Marvo so evil.

Bart Ehrman said one of the issues that caused his unbelief was the problem of evil.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Fargo - riddle can u solve it?

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

hauslern wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:28 am
The riddle involves a man in possession of a fox, a rabbit, and a cabbage, trying to get them all across the river in a boat. The man can only take one object at a time. However if he leaves to take the cabbage over the fox will eat the rabbit. If he takes the fox over over the rabbit will eat the cabbage. Remember he has to also be careful what he leaves on the other side.
Okay. Take the rabbit. Then go back for cabbage. Leave the cabbage and bring the rabbit back. Once back, leave the rabbit and take the fox to the cabbage side. Leave the fox and cabbage and go back for the rabbit and return safely to the fox and the cabbage.

Everyone lives happily ever after.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:12 pm
hauslern wrote:
Okay. Take the rabbit. Then go back for cabbage. Leave the cabbage and bring the rabbit back. Once back, leave the rabbit and take the fox to the cabbage side. Leave the fox and cabbage and go back for the rabbit and return safely to the fox and the cabbage.

That's a lotta gas just to save a rabbit.... :D
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:20 pm
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:12 pm

I know, right? Just think of the carbon footprint you would leave just to save that rabbit.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:41 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:20 pm

I know, right? Just think of the carbon footprint you would leave just to save that rabbit.
You just have to row, row, row your boat...

But do it gently...
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

hauslern wrote:

The human eye sees more shades of green than any other colour - why?

If you have watched the show what are your thoughts on Lester?

What made Marvo so evil.

Bart Ehrman said one of the issues that caused his unbelief was the problem of evil.
My excuse , that I told myself, is that the green question is uncertain and difficult to determine, I do not know Lester or Marvo so I gave the riddle a short think and said doesn't work. I admit Mr Chung made me feel dumb. The answer has an elegant simplicity.

I puzzled more on the color question. There is a wide spread of reds. which is wider might be a matter of naming. When do you start calling a red purple on one end or orange on the other. However the question is more why our biology makes a lot of green differentiation.It helps to see in a forest. That is important for predator and prey. Humans have been both.

So is the predatory dimension of much biological life the evil that Mr Ehrman or perhaps you find a cause of unbelief?
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Since the riddle didn't say anything about taking over live animals, one could kill the animals and cross the river with everything at once, ha ha. Also, separate pens on the other side of the river could be constructed to solve the problem. But assuming live animals for Peta's sake and a lack of animal pens, Everybody Wang Chung obviously wins the contest.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.