Merry Christmas

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Write a paragraph on the term "Merry Smithmas"

"Merry Smithmas" is a term that appears to be used to wish Joseph Smith a Merry Christmas and happy birthday. Joseph Smith was the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as the Mormon Church. He is considered a prophet by members of the church and is revered as a key figure in the history of Mormonism. Smith's birthday falls close to Christmas, so it is possible that the term "Merry Smithmas" is used as a way to honor and celebrate both Smith's birthday and the holiday season. The use of the term "Merry Smithmas" may be particularly common among members of the Mormon Church or others who are interested in the history and teachings of the church. It is likely intended as a way to recognize the importance of Joseph Smith in the development and growth of the Mormon faith and to celebrate his life and legacy.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:49 pm
Write a paragraph on the term "Merry Smithmas"

"Merry Smithmas" is a term that appears to be used to wish Joseph Smith a Merry Christmas and happy birthday. Joseph Smith was the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as the Mormon Church. He is considered a prophet by members of the church and is revered as a key figure in the history of Mormonism. Smith's birthday falls close to Christmas, so it is possible that the term "Merry Smithmas" is used as a way to honor and celebrate both Smith's birthday and the holiday season. The use of the term "Merry Smithmas" may be particularly common among members of the Mormon Church or others who are interested in the history and teachings of the church. It is likely intended as a way to recognize the importance of Joseph Smith in the development and growth of the Mormon faith and to celebrate his life and legacy.
And y'all wonder why the rest of us think of ya as apostates at best and real-life "burn 'em" Heretics at worst.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

DaveIsHere wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:34 am
And y'all wonder why the rest of us think of ya as apostates at best and real-life "burn 'em" Heretics at worst.
Never once crossed my mind.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:42 am
DaveIsHere wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:34 am
Never once crossed my mind.
Bro, at least you aren't Catholic. They hate us more.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Merry Christmas. I must say, the lighting display on the Cassius Campus was spectacular this year. Well done, Dean!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Merry Christmas!
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7