Good Omens Season 2

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Marcus
God

Good Omens Season 2

Post by Marcus »

Anybody else watch this?

It's based on one of my favorite books, Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

It became available end of July this year, and a 3rd season is apparently on its way.

John Hamm reprises his role as the Archangel Gabriel (sort of!) and was brilliant. (His nude scenes were off the charts, but --my lips are sealed. No spoilers for that!!!!)

Micheal Sheen as Aziraphale was of course brilliant as usual, and Tennant as Crowley was incomparable. (If you do nothing else, search up the "you were right and i was wrong" dance, which apparently Aziraphale had to do "in 1650, in 1793, [and] 1941..." and which Crowley does in S02,E01.

Interestingly, David Tennant's FIL Peter Davison, and his son Ty Tennant are also in season 2.

Gaiman (co-author of Good Omens) cast both initially without knowing they were related to Crowley (the Fallen Angel Tennant plays.)

David Tennant was the 10th Dr. Who, and will return to play the 14th incarnation of Dr. Who, after Jodi Whittaker. His FIL Peter Davison played the 5th Dr. Who.

SPOILER ALERT!

_
_
_
Tennant's son Ty plays Job's son Ennon, and does a great job with the part, as the original spoiled and obnoxious nepo baby:
... [Ennon] explains to his guests that he's the son of Job: "You know, the Job? Literally God's favorite human?"

... After Ennon pointedly uses [The Angel] Aziraphale's heavenly garment as a hand towel, the angel is a lot less hesitant about punishing these kids — even if he and Crowley do just end up temporarily turning them into lizards....
https://www.slashfilm.com/1352096/david ... -season-2/
Anyway, just finished binging on all 6 episodes--what a complete delight.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Good Omens Season 2

Post by Res Ipsa »

Haven't yet, but it's on my must list. I was wondering how it would go once they went past the book. Nice to hear that they pulled it off.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I'll have a watch based off your recommendation! I just wrapped up Evil on Paramount+, and goddamn that was a good three seasons, and I'm looking for something to watch. So. Off I go.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:06 am
Haven't yet, but it's on my must list. I was wondering how it would go once they went past the book. Nice to hear that they pulled it off.
Season hree is apparently based on the unpublished work Gaiman and Pratchett were working in before he passed in 2015. Gaiman says this season, which he wrote, is meant to be a bridge to that work.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:09 pm
I'll have a watch based off your recommendation! I just wrapped up Evil on Paramount+, and goddamn that was a good three seasons, and I'm looking for something to watch. So. Off I go.

- Doc
i hope you like it--season 1 is probably best to watch first for continuity, but any episode is good as a stand-alone.

Im so glad you liked Evil! Its ironic,-i am such an outspoken nonbeliever, but still, things like X files remain my favorite series.

New Evil, season 4 was supposed to drop last month, so hopefully, any time now.

And that bad-ass nun from Evil, Sister Andrea? The one broom-whacking demons that no one else sees? She also plays Steve Martin's new love interest in "only murders in the building." After his old love interest tried to kill him and is now in jail. What a love triangle! And she's 76 in real life. Damn. She's killing it!!

Last weekend, we were in Queens and drove over the bridge next to the Hell Gate Bridge, near where Kristen lives, and yes, i am such a fan that we have driven down the actual street. Part of this is because there is a film studio near my SO's shop, so he gets tidbits of the NYC filming gossip-- both Evil and Steve Martin's OMITB have filmed episodes out of there.

(And just a couple series to leave on your backburner-- Stan Against Evil, and Brockmire. 8-) )
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I loved Sister Andrea - her bond with David strengthened the Catholic side of the story perfectly.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:33 pm
I loved Sister Andrea - her bond with David strengthened the Catholic side of the story perfectly.
Yes. Her speech to the daughter wanting to be a nun was perfection. Oh, and she killed the invisible (but very real) demons with a shovel during that conversation, not a broom. My bad. :twisted:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:25 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:06 am
Season hree is apparently based on the unpublished work Gaiman and Pratchett were working in before he passed in 2015. Gaiman says this season, which he wrote, is meant to be a bridge to that work.
Thanks! I didn't know that. That bodes well for S.3.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:56 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:33 pm
Yes. Her speech to the daughter wanting to be a nun was perfection. Oh, and she killed the invisible (but very real) demons with a shovel during that conversation, not a broom. My bad. :twisted:
Oh, also, Evil Season 4 apparently tried to keep filming through the strike, so that may complicate the release date. I don't know about other areas, but new Yorkers are taking the strike seriously.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

And tonight, just finished watching first two episodes of Only Murders in the Building. Excellent! And of course the Fosse dream sequence after Martin Short's mini heart attack was perfectly on point.