Help wanted (Score so far related)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Help wanted (Score so far related)

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’m so relieved to read Jersey Girl is well. I was getting worried for her - for a hot second or two.

So relieved.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:17 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:49 am
I have an um...arrangement, too. Which reminds me. I need to remind the person who initiates it. It's a terrible kind of helpless feeling when someone we know just disappears. For those of us who have been around a good long while, this is our online community and it really is a community. If anyone doubts that, just look at all the folks who posted on this thread when I needed help. I appreciate that so much I can't even tell you.
Absolutely, a community. A couple people in my family, when they found out what this board is called, came down hard on me, saying I was not helping myself talking to anyone about "Mormonism".

In response, I have been relaying a few of our widely varied topics here; the latest was quoting this little philosophical gem from the short story posted for us from a longtime contributor:

"I had just found a seat when what could only be described as a bespectacled wisp of a man had taken the podium and was struggling with an uncooperative laptop. This signaled the heraclitean damnation of Panta Rhei; accompaniment by PowerPoint. In anticipation I had begun to wonder if someone in the room had just solved the Lament Configuration and Pinhead himself was soon to arrive." :D

I think they are getting the point. This is a community.

Anyway, so glad all went well and the test results were so positive, Jersey Girl! (or....GG* Jersey Girl!! 8-) )

*Good Gut. Or, for our resident grammar police, 'good-gutted'?? :twisted:
Agree 100% on the community and a well informed, talented, capable, and thoughtful community it is.

Yep. My good gut. Got the pics to prove it. I'll spare you! ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:15 pm
I’m so relieved to read Jersey Girl is well. I was getting worried for her - for a hot second or two.

So relieved.

- Doc
I'm okay! If you read the post I made you can see that the only thing they discovered was irritation (I remember describing it that way on this thread) which means I had gastritis. If that was gastritis I wouldn't wish it on my mortal enemy if I had one. I feel like I've really been through it several times over but I'm good, not stressed any more and eating three meals and snacks like it's my job. Butter cookies and Sun chips are my new besties. And I've made a plan to re-introduce all the good stuff I typically ate prior to that trip to actual hell. Been sleeping like a baby including a few naps here and there. Being kind to myself like I always tell other people to do. Hygge'd to the max and hibernating. Did you see the vagus nerve activation exercise I posted? I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now. It works. It really works.

I was so sick... :cry:
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I've got a few more things I want to say on this thread and then girls and boys, I'm flipping back over the Score thread because this chick is coming back up. 8-)

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Aww <3
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Follow up tomorrow with the Gastro place. Currently running through the Score thread and this thread to document dates/weights. I'm so glad I posted them because I never recorded them anywhere else.

I noticed I dropped 7 pounds in approximately ONE MONTH when I got Covid. The 7 pounds was recorded after 1 week with C19. Weight's been mostly under 100 pounds and closer to 90 ever since.

My average weight loss over 1 year was 1.4 pounds per month. Which overall isn't horrible. But I feel so skinny. Which probably sounds good to most anyone but not to me.

And this is why we document, document, document, boys and girls.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

The continuing saga of "What the heck is my life about?" While this is fresh in my mind...

Follow up to Scopes:

1. Clocked in at solid 92.0 lbs. :?
2. Appointment was one hour with a PA
3. Went over symptoms, diet, weight loss, and current symptoms which are basically zero.
4. Given a list of dietary things for acid reflux.
5. Another follow up in 2 months.

So it looks like my weight has leveled out for the time being. Just kinda hovers in that area.

The plan is to focus on diet. See how it goes. Hopefully eliminate any odd little symptoms and fend off gastritis. Forever I hope.

I learned that you can have acid reflux without knowing it--called silent reflux.

Question I didn't think of until I got home and looked at the dietary stuff:

To the left is a column of foods to eat. To the right a column of stuff to avoid.

I have eaten the foods to the left for probably 9-10 years...so how did I end up with gastritis? Going to ask next appointment.

Good things, more than one! :

Outcome has been good...even though I get a few little tingly symptoms now and then, I feel NORMAL. :D

Compliment: PA observed that I'm highly motivated and should do well. :)

Compliment from a nice Eastern European lady holding door open: "I love your hair!" Showed me how she was trying to grow out her hair...I told her one year! It takes one year! She said she hates the two colors. I commiserated because it does look horrible when you're growing out color and told her to---->wear hats! Which is what I did. Very frustrating but worth it! Stick it out and you might get platinum! 8-)

Compliment from the Boy: I can't write it here. :lol:

My people...always look for the one good thing! If you get more than one...that's a great day!

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:23 pm
The continuing saga of "What the heck is my life about?" While this is fresh in my mind...

Follow up to Scopes:

1. Clocked in at solid 92.0 lbs. :?
2. Appointment was one hour with a PA
3. Went over symptoms, diet, weight loss, and current symptoms which are basically zero.
4. Given a list of dietary things for acid reflux.
5. Another follow up in 2 months.

So it looks like my weight has leveled out for the time being. Just kinda hovers in that area.

The plan is to focus on diet. See how it goes. Hopefully eliminate any odd little symptoms and fend off gastritis. Forever I hope.

I learned that you can have acid reflux without knowing it--called silent reflux.

Question I didn't think of until I got home and looked at the dietary stuff:

To the left is a column of foods to eat. To the right a column of stuff to avoid.

I have eaten the foods to the left for probably 9-10 years...so how did I end up with gastritis? Going to ask next appointment.

Good things, more than one! :

Outcome has been good...even though I get a few little tingly symptoms now and then, I feel NORMAL. :D

Compliment: PA observed that I'm highly motivated and should do well. :)

Compliment from a nice Eastern European lady holding door open: "I love your hair!" Showed me how she was trying to grow out her hair...I told her one year! It takes one year! She said she hates the two colors. I commiserated because it does look horrible when you're growing out color and told her to---->wear hats! Which is what I did. Very frustrating but worth it! Stick it out and you might get platinum! 8-)

Compliment from the Boy: I can't write it here. :lol:

My people...always look for the one good thing! If you get more than one...that's a great day!
<3
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:55 am
<3
<3

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Wanted to do a little update and documentation for myself here.

I'm still okay! :D

1. I've gone three months with no Afib/RVR. Thank you, Lord!
2. I'm eating better and more. Trying to re-introduce what was my regular diet.
3. Also eating junk food. Pepperidge Farm butter cookies and Sun Chips original. (Don't come for me!)
4. I ate out for my birthday and lived! Only ate 1/2 of my small burger and fries but it was GREAT!
5. Going to call my primary and see if I can come in just for a quick weight check on their scale.

Two good things to report and share!

I've been doing this vagus nerve activation routine for I think a solid 3 months, daily. (Notice #1 on the above list!)

Vagus Nerve Activation | 10 Minute Daily Routines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUx5kLF ... 9G&index=1

And now...I'm tapping my third chakra. :shock: I'm serious.

Stomach Pain? Try this for Stomach Aches, and Indigestion | 10 Minute Daily Routines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B331cI ... 9G&index=3

It WORKS to encourage digestion. By the time I'm 1/3 way through I can hear my abdomen making all kinds of sounds. I'm not sure what she means about feeling magnetism but that's not a problem. The thing is that it WORKS. If anyone here gets an uncomfortable bloating thing...try it! I agree with her that you have to work against your instinct to retract your abdomen and relax the area that you are tapping. If you are uncomfortable you're not going to want to do that. JUST DO IT and you'll see how it works.

If you've practiced yoga I think you'll be more open to following what she's doing and what you hear her say. If not, just get some place by yourself, try it, and I think the results will prove themselves to you.

I've done the vagus nerve reset in the car while waiting for grocery pickup at Walmart/ASDA. Didn't think twice about it. Would do either of the above in front of anyone. Who knows? It might spark a conversation that helps someone else.

Bonus good thing: Doing these 2 routines daily are giving me the structure and consistency I need to resurrect my previous exercise routines. It's incredible how you can drift so far away. I feel a sense of loss about that but I've been behind before and as always, I'll just start where I'm at again. Which is the very beginning. And that's okay. :)

Slava Ukraini!