Help wanted (Score so far related)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Help wanted (Score so far related)

Post by Res Ipsa »

It’s really good to hear how much your health has improved. :)
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Aww this is great Jersey Girl. Loving this and I hope it keeps going well.

I keep meaning to try the vagus nerve thing.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:31 am
Thanks! I'm so blessed thin :shock: but I think I've put on a couple of pounds. I feel like me again.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:12 am
I found some other things that help. Will probably post that here in case someone else might need it and for documentation. I always think I can be okay so that makes me search for solutions.
I think it really helps me. It's a good exercise to counter anxiety, too. Try it!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:57 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:12 am
I found some other things that help. Will probably post that here in case someone else might need it and for documentation. I always think I can be okay so that makes me search for solutions.
I think it really helps me. It's a good exercise to counter anxiety, too. Try it!
I will, thank you. Jamie's talking my head off asking me what my faith is like at the minute. I'm like I don't know. I pray. Lol. He doesn't believe in anything from what I gather. Not sure because he says different things.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:54 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:31 am
Thanks! I'm so blessed thin :shock: but I think I've put on a couple of pounds. I feel like me again.
That's awesome. Xxx
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Follow up today with the Gastro PA. I'm firing her. She makes statements as if she didn't hear what I just got done telling her. No people skills. No listening skills. No response. I'll ask for another next time. Before that, I'm touching base with my Primary who actually listens and is responsive.

Example. If my Primary had seen me today, the moment she walked in she would've said "Jersey you look better today!" and when I told her I had no more pain, she would have responded enthusiastically. If I had told her how I'd gone about healing my own gut, she would have given me a well done.

Not this Gastro chick.

Anyway, she sent me home with another food list (FODMAP) of foods I'd been eating for the past 8-10 years. When I asked her about the first list of Do's and Don'ts she had sent me home with before and told her I'd been eating those foods for the aforementioned 8-10 years so how did I get gastritis...she simply said...you had unexplained weight loss. And around and around and around it went.

She's history.

1. No more stomach pain.
2. Weight stayed the same: 92 pounds.
3. Reduction in bloating and I use my own methods to deal with it.
4. No more anxiety attacks

(She had NO response to any of the above)

Friends:

Protein
Bananas
Simethicone
Pinch of baking soda with warm water
The two videos I linked to with 10 minute routines

Foes:

Eggs want me dead.

Moving forward:

I'm right now reintroducing foods that I always ate. (No response when I said that. Insert B-word) Got most of my salad fixin's, Ranch Dressing, more fruits, and some snacks. I can eat Sun Chips Original for a kind of cheat snack. I started leaving some peels on my fruit again. I got tuna and (get this) plain greek yogurt to mix it with so I can have it with my wheat crackers.

I can eat carrot cake. 8-) I eat small slices but that's my other kind of cheat snack. Oh, and I can still eat Margherita pizza though I don't do it often. :mrgreen:

I just want to say that I've worked really hard to get where I am right now. I've passed up foods that I want and ate the same things over and over again that were gentle on my stomach and provided better nutrition. I've eaten new (that were the old) things in small bits at a time as I tested them out, then larger portions. I did what I knew to do, what I discovered, and none of it came from the gastro's office.

I'm doing okay.

:D

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:45 am
Follow up today with the Gastro PA. I'm firing her. She makes statements as if she didn't hear what I just got done telling her. No people skills. No listening skills. No response. I'll ask for another next time. Before that, I'm touching base with my Primary who actually listens and is responsive.

Example. If my Primary had seen me today, the moment she walked in she would've said "Jersey you look better today!" and when I told her I had no more pain, she would have responded enthusiastically. If I had told her how I'd gone about healing my own gut, she would have given me a well done.

Not this Gastro chick.

Anyway, she sent me home with another food list (FODMAP) of foods I'd been eating for the past 8-10 years. When I asked her about the first list of Do's and Don'ts she had sent me home with before and told her I'd been eating those foods for the aforementioned 8-10 years so how did I get gastritis...she simply said...you had unexplained weight loss. And around and around and around it went.

She's history.

1. No more stomach pain.
2. Weight stayed the same: 92 pounds.
3. Reduction in bloating and I use my own methods to deal with it.
4. No more anxiety attacks

(She had NO response to any of the above)

Friends:

Protein
Bananas
Simethicone
Pinch of baking soda with warm water
The two videos I linked to with 10 minute routines

Foes:

Eggs want me dead.

Moving forward:

I'm right now reintroducing foods that I always ate. (No response when I said that. Insert B-word) Got most of my salad fixin's, Ranch Dressing, more fruits, and some snacks. I can eat Sun Chips Original for a kind of cheat snack. I started leaving some peels on my fruit again. I got tuna and (get this) plain greek yogurt to mix it with so I can have it with my wheat crackers.

I can eat carrot cake. 8-) I eat small slices but that's my other kind of cheat snack. Oh, and I can still eat Margherita pizza though I don't do it often. :mrgreen:

I just want to say that I've worked really hard to get where I am right now. I've passed up foods that I want and ate the same things over and over again that were gentle on my stomach and provided better nutrition. I've eaten new (that were the old) things in small bits at a time as I tested them out, then larger portions. I did what I knew to do, what I discovered, and none of it came from the gastro's office.

I'm doing okay.

:D
Well done jersey. Xxx
Why is she introducing a new diet if you are telling her you've worked it out?

FODMAP diet is brutal. It works but is very hard to follow and very hard to find foods that don't fall into the FODMAP categories. I lasted 2.5 weeks before I wanted to eat a bowl of sugar or drown in one. Did lose bloat and swelling though and my psoriasis cleared up. Came straight back.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:14 am

Well done jersey. Xxx
Because she doesn't listen. I already know what a good diet is. I ate those foods for years until I started cutting things out because the digestive stuff kicked in. I think I was in a vicious cycle. I'm not in it any more. I don't need her stupid hand outs and I don't need her either. Get this...she left the room to get me the FODMAP hand out...did she bring it in? Nope, she had a medical assistant bring it to me. Therefore there was no explanation and no goodbye or see you next time either. Whatevs. She's history.
FODMAP diet is brutal. It works but is very hard to follow and very hard to find foods that don't fall into the FODMAP categories. I lasted 2.5 weeks before I wanted to eat a bowl of sugar or drown in one. Did lose bloat and swelling though and my psoriasis cleared up. Came straight back.
It's not hard for me to follow. Did you notice the foods that you eat and the foods to avoid are some of the same? I really don't eat sugary foods,though I have been eating that carrot cake from time to time. If I re-introduce the good foods I always ate I should be fine. They're on that handout and the handout before it. :roll:

That's so interesting that your psoriasis went and came back. Is inflammation the reason for that do you think?

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:39 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:14 am

Well done jersey. Xxx
Because she doesn't listen. I already know what a good diet is. I ate those foods for years until I started cutting things out because the digestive stuff kicked in. I think I was in a vicious cycle. I'm not in it any more. I don't need her stupid hand outs and I don't need her either. Get this...she left the room to get me the FODMAP hand out...did she bring it in? Nope, she had a medical assistant bring it to me. Therefore there was no explanation and no goodbye or see you next time either. Whatevs. She's history.
It's not hard for me to follow. Did you notice the foods that you eat and the foods to avoid are some of the same? I really don't eat sugary foods,though I have been eating that carrot cake from time to time. If I re-introduce the good foods I always ate I should be fine. They're on that handout and the handout before it. :roll:

That's so interesting that your psoriasis went and came back. Is inflammation the reason for that do you think?
She sounds awful. Like her times being wasted kind of energy.

I think it sounds like you know how your body works and what you need to do.

I didn't do it long enough to work it out. I know msg and alcohol cause me problems. I'm sure I'm allergic to banana and I think I'm dairy and gluten intolerant.

My problem is that I test negative even though my skin shows irritation. Just received a second immunology letter today which explains the vitamin D prescription lol but in it it said I have no food allergy antibodies but I also have no ige so they aren't able to rule out false negatives.
I have eosinophilic oesophagitis so I know I'm allergic to something. When I had the skin test I had partial positive latex reaction to the wet gloves. I started reacting to wheat and mould but then the reaction went away. And then my whole body experienced a reaction and everything but the pin pricks caused redness. The cushion, the tape, the water. Entire body went itchy and red patches appeared. So no real idea. I also have reacted to the needles in my last two blood tests. I don't have inflammation markers but a scan and an MRI had shown inflammation. So it all doesn't make sense. Quantum blood lol. Behaved differently when observed.

I have an overactive immune system.