Stick to Comedy, Larry

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Stick to Comedy, Larry

Post by bill4long »

Hey Larry David, if the Jews had guns during the Nazi regime, they wouldn't have been herded in to the gas chambers.

Love,
Bill

Word to the wise: never give up your power.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Re: Stick to Comedy, Larry

Post by Morley »

bill4long wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:48 am
Hey Larry David, if the Jews had guns during the Nazi regime, they wouldn't have been herded in to the gas chambers.
Make your case, Bill.

What would have happened, had the Jews of Germany, France, and Eastern Europe all been equipped with small arms? Did the Jews have a big enough chunk of the resources and a large enough segment of the population to win out against the Nazi war machine? Even though the armed governments of Europe couldn't stop the Nazi takeover of their respective countries, you seem to imagine that a minority population of Jews with pistols would have been enough. This is such a tired and ridiculous argument.
bill4long wrote:
A gun in your hand is not always power. If the army comes to round me up, me clutching my AR-15 is just going to ensure that my family and I are going to die on the spot.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Morley wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:49 pm
Did the Jews have a big enough chunk of the resources and a large enough segment of the population to win out against the Nazi war machine?
He didn’t say they would’ve stopped the Nazi war machine. He said they would’ve prevented themselves from being herded into the gas chambers.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

This is so complicated where does one start, maybe at the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. But for thousands of years Jews were constantly harassed, attack and killed. They had no place to go.

Here’s two books to start: My Story by Golda Mier, and Israel- A Concise History of a Nation Reborn by Daniel Geordi’s
Two mottos I try to follow: 1) my hero is truth; 2) no surprises.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Morley wrote:
bill4long wrote:
Make your case, Bill.

What would have happened, had the Jews of Germany, France, and Eastern Europe all been equipped with small arms? Did the Jews have a big enough chunk of the resources and a large enough segment of the population to win out against the Nazi war machine? Even though the armed governments of Europe couldn't stop the Nazi takeover of their respective countries, you seem to imagine that a minority population of Jews with pistols would have been enough. This is such a tired and ridiculous argument.
Especially given that the Nazis had done a well enough job of turning the common German citizen against their fellow Jewish neighbors, after years of persistent efforts to paint them as a subhuman enemy to be eradicated.

Of course, there’s also a certain number of folks today who will tell you that Bill’s premise is silly because Jews were never actually rounded up and taken to concentration camps, or gassed. We’ve even seen a couple of prominent participants of this board from days past make such claims.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

If Soviet soldiers had guns, millions wouldn't have been herded into POW camps.

Oh, wait.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:33 pm
Morley wrote:
Did the Jews have a big enough chunk of the resources and a large enough segment of the population to win out against the Nazi war machine?
He didn’t say they would’ve stopped the Nazi war machine. He said they would’ve prevented themselves from being herded into the gas chambers.
If you read my reply, you'll see that I'm saying that Jews being armed would have done neither. You wouldn't have been able to stop the killing of Jews, Gypsies, and homosexuals without confronting the military. Gathering folks for concentration camps was one of their duties.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Morley wrote:
You are correct, sir.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Morley wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:44 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:

If you read my reply, you'll see that I'm saying that Jews being armed would have done neither. You wouldn't have been able to stop the killing of Jews, Gypsies, and homosexuals without confronting the military. Gathering folks for concentration camps was one of their duties.
Jesus Christ Almighty. You don't get the point. It's not (just) about stopping "the killing of Jews, Gypsies, and homosexuals". It's about not being herded like animals to the slaughter. How would you rather die? In a gas chamber, naked and dehumanized, choking on cyanide along side of naked women and children, or fighting for your life in a hail of gun fire, possibly taking out a few of the oppressors in the process?

I'll take the latter, sweetie.

Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

So have I got this right?

In case eighty-year-old history from another country somehow happens now in the United States, you want to be able to die in a different way even though this won't actually save anyone, and in order to keep this option open, it's important to keep the United States as the land of mass shootings today.
I was a teenager before it was cool.