Sleep thing..

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: Sleep thing..

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Smelling smells that aren't real tonight. Hopefully nothing weird happens. Have smelled ash and now smelling talcom powder.
Gabriel
Deacon

Post by Gabriel »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:43 am
Last night I had that sleep thing again. Although not as bad.

I could hear the kids playing but I knew it wasn't real because they were in bed so I just tried to ignore it. Then I heard foot steps approaching and heard the bedroom door open and then the wave came over me with the buzzing and tingling and my right butt cheek was tingling. And then it stopped and I looked and the door was closed. I knew it wasn't real so I stayed calm but my body and heart still went crazy.
I'm a counselor at an in-patient treatment center for adults with substance use disorders. Most of our clients are either referred from off the streets or from the Department of Corrections. What you have been describing is not uncommon where I work. I know that what you are going through is no fun. I'm hoping that your Doctors can figure out what's causing this. For what it's worth, I'll shoot a prayer your way.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Gabriel wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:11 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:43 am
Last night I had that sleep thing again. Although not as bad.

I could hear the kids playing but I knew it wasn't real because they were in bed so I just tried to ignore it. Then I heard foot steps approaching and heard the bedroom door open and then the wave came over me with the buzzing and tingling and my right butt cheek was tingling. And then it stopped and I looked and the door was closed. I knew it wasn't real so I stayed calm but my body and heart still went crazy.
I'm a counselor at an in-patient treatment center for adults with substance use disorders. Most of our clients are either referred from off the streets or from the Department of Corrections. What you have been describing is not uncommon where I work. I know that what you are going through is no fun. I'm hoping that your Doctors can figure out what's causing this. For what it's worth, I'll shoot a prayer your way.
Thank you.

I don't take drugs or anything. I do sometimes wonder if it is worse when I drink alcohol.
Gabriel
Deacon

Post by Gabriel »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:48 pm
Gabriel wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:11 pm
Thank you.

I don't take drugs or anything. I do sometimes wonder if it is worse when I drink alcohol.
Sorry Pirate Washer,

I should have written my post more clearly. In doing so, I unintentionally linked you up with the sub group of people for whom I work. I was not trying to imply that you are using drugs. As for the alcohol, that's at least something that you can experiment with by varying your doses to see if there's any correlation to your sleep thing.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Gabriel wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:03 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:48 pm
Thank you.

Sorry Pirate Washer,

I should have written my post more clearly. In doing so, I unintentionally linked you up with the sub group of people for whom I work. I was not trying to imply that you are using drugs. As for the alcohol, that's at least something that you can experiment with by varying your doses to see if there's any correlation to your sleep thing.
Don't worry. I didn't take it personally. I don't drink very often so it's hard to tell but when I have, it seems to happen most times. I had the eerieness and was smelling sugar last night so I suspect it's coming. I'm also feeling deflated today. Seems to be that sometimes I have these strange feelings before it happens.

Kids are being crazy. I've had them cleaning this morning. I've discovered they can't follow basic instructions. I figure they might have more respect for the house if they see how it feels to clean it up. Which actually made it harder because they were spraying cleaning products everywhere. Phoebe sprayed the biscuits. So they aren't edible now. Oli got a time out because 3 times I told him not to rugby tackle Phoebe and he went to do it anyway. She had already told him to stop several times. Now I have a headache an just want to crawl in a cupboard and stop existing.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Well, got a letter from the neurologist. The guy who said don't worry, we won't leave you to it if everything comes back normal, has written he has requested EEG and MRI, doesn't suspect seizures and otherwise he is discharging me and suggests a mental health review. Lol. :lol: Clearly not leaving me to it.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:27 pm
https://www.bobandbrad.com/

Bob and Brad are my go to online physical therapists when something gets out of whack. They have a PT videos on just about every part of the body that can ache 😊. I have eliminated my shoulder pain with one simple practice I learned from their video, along with being cognizant of my posture while on the computer all day at work.
I love Bob and Brad. I had shoulder surgery 6 mos ago. Very helpful.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:47 pm
msnobody wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:27 pm
https://www.bobandbrad.com/

Bob and Brad are my go to online physical therapists when something gets out of whack. They have a PT videos on just about every part of the body that can ache 😊. I have eliminated my shoulder pain with one simple practice I learned from their video, along with being cognizant of my posture while on the computer all day at work.
I love Bob and Brad. I had shoulder surgery 6 mos ago. Very helpful.
Sadly, Bob has been diagnosed with ataxia. They’ve brought in an additional person, Mike.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Discovered that what I thought was me imagining things was actually really light from a neighbours. Lol. Thought I was going mad lol
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:34 am
Discovered that what I thought was me imagining things was actually really light from a neighbours. Lol. Thought I was going mad lol
How many doctors have you consulted about the hallucinations? Is it hard to get an appointment there?

You're not going mad. If you're posting in this place...you're already there. :lol:

<3
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!