Sleep thing..

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: Sleep thing..

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:10 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:34 am
Discovered that what I thought was me imagining things was actually really light from a neighbours. Lol. Thought I was going mad lol
How many doctors have you consulted about the hallucinations? Is it hard to get an appointment there?

You're not going mad. If you're posting in this place...you're already there. :lol:

<3
:lol:

Several. I am sensitive. And vivid imagination.

It turned out the light wasn't a hallucination lol. I moved the rooms around so was in a different room and the curtains were shut but they were different curtains too and the light had shown through a gap. Noticed the next night when the curtains were open. I do hallucinate at night though. Only around sleep.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:31 pm
Have a neurology telephone appointment on Wednesday. I have a feeling it's going to be difficult. When she was calling to give the appointment she said everything back to front.

I'll just write everything down and hopefully I can speak clearly.
Mrs. spy, with AU in her name is going back on Wellbutrin, also known as Bupropion to help with sleep and stuff. Prescribed drugs may help you likewise achieve better living via dynamic chemistry. :lol:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:24 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:10 am
How many doctors have you consulted about the hallucinations? Is it hard to get an appointment there?

You're not going mad. If you're posting in this place...you're already there. :lol:

<3
:lol:

Several. I am sensitive. And vivid imagination.

It turned out the light wasn't a hallucination lol. I moved the rooms around so was in a different room and the curtains were shut but they were different curtains too and the light had shown through a gap. Noticed the next night when the curtains were open. I do hallucinate at night though. Only around sleep.
Have you done any serious sleep studies? Wonder if your sleep cycle is messed up? Like if you are going back and forth between stages and never enter a deep sleep phase?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

If I’ve mentioned this before, remember I’m getting old. One I time, stood up on the bed and took a lightbulb out of a ceiling fixture during my sleep. I dreamed I was up on a ladder taking the light bulb out. When I woke up the next morning the light bulb was on the floor by the nightstand. That meant I had stood up on the end of the bed and taken it out because there was no ladder inside the house. I was about 17 or 18 years old. It was one of those bulbs like from the 70s that was about 8” in diameter.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

msnobody wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:14 am
If I’ve mentioned this before, remember I’m getting old. One I time, stood up on the bed and took a lightbulb out of a ceiling fixture during my sleep. I dreamed I was up on a ladder taking the light bulb out. When I woke up the next morning the light bulb was on the floor by the nightstand. That meant I had stood up on the end of the bed and taken it out because there was no ladder inside the house. I was about 17 or 18 years old. It was one of those bulbs like from the 70s that was about 8” in diameter.
That would freak me out. Because that means you could do things you don't know you are doing. I've been sleeping fine this week. Did have one episode of the full body tingling airplane noise thing a week ago. Received a letter about the neck MRI. Not sure if I shared already. It showed wear and tear, some irritation/bulging and mild nerve damage. Suggested a neuropathic medication which I doubt I'll take. Interestingly I don't have neck pain often so it's strange that my neck shows anything. Makes me wonder what my lower back looks like.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Just had that strange thing. It seems to have adapted over time. Kind of felt like I was going to die this time but just focussed on my breathing.

So three times I had the blast. Usually I feel like I'm being sucked in but I think I was already in a sleepy state. I was praying but drifting. I first felt the strange feeling in my chest like kind of like an electric shock (I've felt this the last few times) but it is getting stronger. I'm pretty sure this time and last time my right leg is shaking below my knee. And it's like pressure in my ears and head like I can hear the blood really fast and really loud. And I just have to wait it out. No hallucinations this time. It kind of just stopped half way through the 3rd time which is unusual. Usually it kind of winds down. And then I was alert but just not ready to move. I had an energy drink earlier. Also Chinese food so feeling a bit saltified. In a flare up the past few days so have a lot of pain and also had a nap today where after about half an hour I was abruptly awoken from a deep sleep by the phone ringing which gave me a headache. So I wondered if it was from oversleeping last time but I know I haven't slept enough the past few days. So that's ruled out too. I do think energy drinks might have an involvement.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Had a mild experience similar to these experiences last night. No energy drinks though.

I was definitely asleep and I was dreaming that this was happening and I couldn't get out of it in my dream. Then the wave was starting to come but didn't come completely.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:03 am
Just had that strange thing. It seems to have adapted over time. Kind of felt like I was going to die this time but just focussed on my breathing.

So three times I had the blast. Usually I feel like I'm being sucked in but I think I was already in a sleepy state. I was praying but drifting. I first felt the strange feeling in my chest like kind of like an electric shock (I've felt this the last few times) but it is getting stronger. I'm pretty sure this time and last time my right leg is shaking below my knee. And it's like pressure in my ears and head like I can hear the blood really fast and really loud. And I just have to wait it out. No hallucinations this time. It kind of just stopped half way through the 3rd time which is unusual. Usually it kind of winds down. And then I was alert but just not ready to move. I had an energy drink earlier. Also Chinese food so feeling a bit saltified. In a flare up the past few days so have a lot of pain and also had a nap today where after about half an hour I was abruptly awoken from a deep sleep by the phone ringing which gave me a headache. So I wondered if it was from oversleeping last time but I know I haven't slept enough the past few days. So that's ruled out too. I do think energy drinks might have an involvement.
I completely quit caffeine, except for an occasional soda. Now I blend decaffeinated coffee with https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bean-Envy-MC ... /502043560 and extra creamy oat milk.

This has greatly decreased painful headaches. :)
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

High Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:30 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:03 am

I completely quit caffeine, except for an occasional soda. Now I blend decaffeinated coffee with https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bean-Envy-MC ... /502043560 and extra creamy oat milk.

This has greatly decreased painful headaches. :)
Probably a good idea. I did drink more cola than usual yesterday and I had wine the evening before yesterday.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Update

I started recording my sleep. I haven't had a frozen in my body episode since starting to record. But I did hallucinate. Interestingly, my eyes are indeed open. But strangely, where the camera shows me looking is not where I thought I was looking I saw a face in the mirror that wasn't mine but the camera shows me staring up and to the other side of the camera towards the curtains.

I have noticed I move a lot. Literally all night long. I assumed my arms were going numb/pins and needles because I wasn't moving but I move constantly so that's not the cause lol.

Anyway, planning a kindness camp today. Phoebe punched a boy in the nose last night at youth club. She hit him a cracker. In some ways I was impressed but that's not acceptable behaviour so screens are gone today. Got some activities and videos planned after I get them to help me clean.