Sleep thing..

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Sleep thing..

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Last night I had that sleep thing again. Although not as bad.

I could hear the kids playing but I knew it wasn't real because they were in bed so I just tried to ignore it. Then I heard foot steps approaching and heard the bedroom door open and then the wave came over me with the buzzing and tingling and my right butt cheek was tingling. And then it stopped and I looked and the door was closed. I knew it wasn't real so I stayed calm but my body and heart still went crazy.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Sleep thing..

Post by Jersey Girl »

I have NO idea how you deal and recover from this. Do you generally sleep well when it doesn't happen?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Takes me a while to fall asleep. I wake up a lot. If kids are in different rooms to me and I wake up my brain says that they will die is I don't go check on them. So I'll lay trying to convince myself they are ok and then eventually decide to go look.

Phoebe is putting make up on my face. She's digging her elbows into me. I've never known anyon able to dig about 20cm into another person's skin. Freaking hurts.

Counsellor said I have OCD. Oh lord. Phoebe is rummaging. Guessing she is seeking out more make up. Yup. She's found more makeup. Haha she's asking me to pay her to have her not put make up on me.

I've had the kids off for a week and a half because they have chicken pox.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Have a neurology telephone appointment on Wednesday. I have a feeling it's going to be difficult. When she was calling to give the appointment she said everything back to front.

I'll just write everything down and hopefully I can speak clearly.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Tell me how this went for you. If it's too private, feel free not to tell!

<3
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Hey. It went better than expected. The neurologist was lovely. I've have neurology appointments where theyve made me feel crap and said it's just anxiety.

So in 2019 I had an MRI and was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia however my MRI this year doesn't show any signs of trigeminal neuralgia so he doesn't think that is the cause of the tingling and pain in my face. He thinks it might be something in my neck. So I have to go for a neck MRI. He doesn't think the sleep things are seizures or narcolepsy but is sending me for an EEG to make sure. He said not to worry if everything comes back normal because I won't be left to it and forgotten about, he will refer me onto relevent other people.

Not to do any driving lessons for the time being.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Sounds like a good neuro visit. I’m glad it went well for you.

Some mornings, I wake up with a brief episode of tingling in my abdominal cavity. I talked to the doctor I work with and he said the fact that it resolves after I move around makes him think it is probably related to my spine. And nothing to be concerned about. Kind of sounds like what you said you are told.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

msnobody wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:43 am
Sounds like a good neuro visit. I’m glad it went well for you.

Some mornings, I wake up with a brief episode of tingling in my abdominal cavity. I talked to the doctor I work with and he said the fact that it resolves after I move around makes him think it is probably related to my spine. And nothing to be concerned about. Kind of sounds like what you said you are told.
Think people are often fobbed off. If they think it's related to your spine shouldn't they be investigating? What if it gets worse?

I have a pinch in the back of my spine, told the Dr he didn't even respond at all. He just talked about something else. I realised last night that I have no memories of experiencing these sleep things whilst laying on my left side. Even when I was hallucinating as a kid, they are when laying on my right side. Maybe one or two on my back and one on my front but with my head turned so I'm laying on the right side of my head.

All my joint issues and tingling is on the right side. Physio said the left side is doing all the work and is stronger. I also can't lay on my front with my head turned towards my right shoulder. It's too tight.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

https://www.bobandbrad.com/

Bob and Brad are my go to online physical therapists when something gets out of whack. They have a PT videos on just about every part of the body that can ache 😊. I have eliminated my shoulder pain with one simple practice I learned from their video, along with being cognizant of my posture while on the computer all day at work.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Cool.